Halloween Horror Nights 21: Your Luck Has Run Out | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 21: Your Luck Has Run Out

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I do think the time has come for HHN to expand beyond the 8 houses. The last three years have been rather sterile in terms of expansion - in fact, the event has decreased in size since 2007 (losing a show each subsequent year). We need an additional show and a new house - either in the Murder, She Wrote building, some sort of modified Nazaarman's, somewhere - but the wait times and crowds have gotten to the point where more attractions are necessary to soak in the people. Having Rockit open next year (knock on wood) would also help.

Well for another house to be added, it seems to me like they would NEED to expand to IOA. Nazaarman's is too much congestion and the last house there, the only that I've experienced, Vampyr, was awful. As far as the Murder, She Wrote building maybe, but at the same time you get the problem of congestion again.

The easiest way to add more houses is through IOA and use the Carnage warehouse, Thunderfalls Terrace, and/or the JP Discovery Center. I'd hate to see a crappy house rushed and thrown into Nazaarman's again.

Well remember, you guys are pushing for bigger and better, but to me it seems like the crowds were a little bit lighter than in years past. They have to work with the economy and if they expand into two parks, and based on todays economy you would notice the skimming going on to stretch it into two parks. Personally I love it in USF, BUTTTTT they need to add a scarezone either in front of Simpsons/MIB area. This area is sorely lacking IMHO.

Well remember, you guys are pushing for bigger and better, but to me it seems like the crowds were a little bit lighter than in years past. They have to work with the economy and if they expand into two parks, and based on todays economy you would notice the skimming going on to stretch it into two parks. Personally I love it in USF, BUTTTTT they need to add a scarezone either in front of Simpsons/MIB area. This area is sorely lacking IMHO.

You'll never see a "set" scarezone over by that area, or by B&T. The traffic is already insane, adding a scarezone would add a significant amount extra.

As far as attendance, I don't believe this year was a down year for HHN.

The entire resort was up in attendance 36% for the month of October according to Tbads post. The WWoHP I am sure also plays a large part in that figure.

True, but thats the entire resort, I'm wondering just specifically about HHN's numbers.

Not sure about attendance, but we were told on the last day that guest feedback/survey was the most positive and highest it has ever been for any HHN year.

So WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

I can't see a full blown scarezone as it would be a congestion nightmare, but I could possibly see some wandering scareactors like the CDT or the Zombie Inmates from 2008 specifically in that area.

I can't see a full blown scarezone as it would be a congestion nightmare, but I could possibly see some wandering scareactors like the CDT or the Zombie Inmates from 2008 specifically in that area.

Yeah with the tent house etrance and exit there, B&T, and food and drink stations it would get really congested well alot more than it already is.

Well more in front of Simpson/QwikEMart/International Food Court area. There is plenty of space around here and its alwas a super dead and quiet area.

Yeah with the tent house etrance and exit there, B&T, and food and drink stations it would get really congested well alot more than it already is.

Also add in the fact that Men In Black and the Simpsons are right there too. That's a nice spot to take a breather and relax right by the lagoon when you're a little gassed.

But yeah, there's no way we see a set scarezone there any time soon. I think after the Cirque Du Freak issues in '09 too we won't see one in Kidzone anytime soon.

Zombie Gras seemed a little congested but not TOO bad. I think SF becomes a set zone every year.

You say that until you experience it....trust me, it works MUCH better at the Studios.

The pathways are big reason. They are wider at USF, so they have more space to work with. Another is the fact that USF is just blank building, so they can put pretty much any king of theme, color, lighting, you name it. The ONLY area at IOA that lends itself well to HHN is JP cause of all the trees. Otherwise its hard to make an area full of Marvel characters, Rocky and Bullwinkle, and Seuss scary.