Halloween Horror Nights 21: Your Luck Has Run Out | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 21: Your Luck Has Run Out

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The 3D in my opinion are always less than stellar. I hope they never do them again.

The pathways are big reason. They are wider at USF, so they have more space to work with. Another is the fact that USF is just blank building, so they can put pretty much any king of theme, color, lighting, you name it. The ONLY area at IOA that lends itself well to HHN is JP cause of all the trees. Otherwise its hard to make an area full of Marvel characters, Rocky and Bullwinkle, and Seuss scary.

Totally agree. While some of my favorite houses have been at IOA, I find the park to be pretty lame for scarezones and atmosphere. I guess it depends on what you want to see. If you're looking for an interesting theme or costumes or whatever, maybe you like it. But personally I want the "scare" zones to be scary. Super-villains and such I just don't find very much so. I seem to remember for instance, a "scare" zone at IOA that involved bubbles and cartoon characters? And by far the most laughably absurd storyline I have ever seen at HHN was the one year where they had half human/half dino mutants running around JP. I was too busy laughing to be scared. :p

Treaks and Foons is what I believe you are talking about when it comes to the scarezone with foam all over the place. And at HHN 13 they had Toxic City as well with the foam. It was pretty lame IMHO.

The ONLY good scarezone at IOA ever was Terror Mines in JP, that was a cool zone, but everything else wasn't good.

Treaks and Foons is what I believe you are talking about when it comes to the scarezone with foam all over the place. And at HHN 13 they had Toxic City as well with the foam. It was pretty lame IMHO.

The ONLY good scarezone at IOA ever was Terror Mines in JP, that was a cool zone, but everything else wasn't good.

Those and The Field of Screams (If you what to say if it's in IOA).

Anyway, my very early prediction is that HHN 21 will take us somwhere deeper into Fear's world (I shall say).

Well he had to be one to be done, the only place you saw him in the event was in Fear Revealed...if you count that as one and done...WOW.

Next year they will go a little more mythological with the event. Instead of doing some of the stuff they've done, I think they are going to start leaning towards a more creepier HHN instead of the blood guts and gore of the past. These days when you go to see a horror movie, what makes you jump more Paranormal Activity, or Saw?

Well he had to be one to be done, the only place you saw him in the event was in Fear Revealed...if you count that as one and done...WOW.

Next year they will go a little more mythological with the event. Instead of doing some of the stuff they've done, I think they are going to start leaning towards a more creepier HHN instead of the blood guts and gore of the past. These days when you go to see a horror movie, what makes you jump more Paranormal Activity, or Saw?

Paranormal...... But still they might have that blood & gore house still a.k.a LITC, Run, Body Collecters and so on.

I need my camp/gore houses once in a while.
I would like to see more houses like ZG. That felt walking through a story. First the place is fine, then the zombies break out, then they fight back.

I hope they stay more towards what they did this year. I would hate to see more houses like Legendary Truth, where scenery and effect is more important than the scare. I liked the pure scare houses like Catacombs and Hades. I really want to see more houses taking from these two houses. I like the less gore and no victims thing because it puts you more in the action. It really lets you become the vicim and not see the saftey that they will only harm props and other actors. And no more movie years for many reasons.

I hope they do HHN in IOA this year ive never got to experince it in IOA and I think it would be great there.

I am very excited that one day it will return in some form to IOA. Jurassic Park is without a doubt the best scarezone location EVER! I also thought IMO that the queue houses were always better at IOA. I will take a house at JPDC and Popeye over Disaster and Jaws anyday.

You say that until you experience it....trust me, it works MUCH better at the Studios.

Both parks have there pro's and con's. As you mentioned the paths play a huge part but IMO I always had so much more fun in the streets at IOA then USF but thats just me.

I have never been able to experience it at IOA as well but If HHN returned to IOA next year I would be extremely excited. The event needs to be changed once in a while, 5 years at USF alone is WAY too long.

The pathways are big reason. They are wider at USF, so they have more space to work with. Another is the fact that USF is just blank building, so they can put pretty much any king of theme, color, lighting, you name it. The ONLY area at IOA that lends itself well to HHN is JP cause of all the trees. Otherwise its hard to make an area full of Marvel characters, Rocky and Bullwinkle, and Seuss scary.

Good point so its better of In USF.

Suess gone Psycho? :hat: It could work...
Anyway, I kinda noticed that whole pathway thing when I visited IOA. I'm curious to see how they could do an event there, since I never attended one of the original IOA events. Wonder what they could do to the WW of HP for HHN?

Suess gone Psycho? :hat: It could work...
Anyway, I kinda noticed that whole pathway thing when I visited IOA. I'm curious to see how they could do an event there, since I never attended one of the original IOA events. Wonder what they could do to the WW of HP for HHN?

I don't think they'll be able to utilize the Wizarding World for HHN, even if the event moved to IOA for contracting reasons and they'd need JKR's permission. I don't think there's room to do much with it anyways, but that's just my honest opinion.

I don't think they'll be able to utilize the Wizarding World for HHN, even if the event moved to IOA for contracting reasons and they'd need JKR's permission. I don't think there's room to do much with it anyways, but that's just my honest opinion.

I would leave Suess and WW dead zones, with just Dueling Dragons (Closing at the time limit) running. It wouldnt be any different than USF since World Expo and Amity are dead zones as well.

all we need is 16 haunted houses, 16 scare zones, and more bars. I don't drink but don't get me wrong you got to get a little twisted at hhn, im sure rewster would agree on that

I'd love to see Beetlejuice open during next year's HHN. I really really LOVE that show and haven't seen it since 2005...it would also be awesome if the Horror Make-Up Show was running.