Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 21: Your Luck Has Run Out

The event really needs to move to both parks or just IOA because its starting to get the same every year, sure the houses and scarezones or different but I'm ready for a new enviorment and atmosphere.

Brian took the words out of my mouth. Navigator's Club would be a great place for the VIP Lounge.

With ever-growing popularity of the event, the move to incorporate both parks seems inevitable. It would cost considerably more money to operate both, but HHN is a cash cow.

i wasn't impressed with bushwoods show, i saw the one at 1:15 and its seemed the people he picked in audience were prepped before the show.

--- Update ---

they should do all the classic horror flicks at universal, then all the new stuff at IOA. Imagine a scare zone in wwohp :)
No they weren't for menace because i was selected and i don't work for him but i did play/lied to the audience a little.

Could be interesting but didn't they already do Dracula,Frankenstein,and The Wolfman last year. I'm asking all new no link to the past but a new story with new characters that can become the next Body Collectors or Psychoscaphy or Scary Tales.

^Cash cow is an underestimate on single liquor drinks (vodka for example) a liter of vodka would make roughly $ 270 gross sales at a cost of roughly 7-8 bucks. Of course you have to add in all the other expenses but that is just vodka people.

All magicians have plants

Not necessarily true. The magician at the show in LC picked me and I had no prep, even though I think I know how he did the trick.

This is a pretty weird idea, but maybe they could have the girl from the vague story of the creation of the Islands come back and haunt us. :shrug: Other Islands ideas: JP raptors, t-rex, spinosaurus, pteranodons, compys..., HP dementors, hags, vampires, trolls, giants, Death Eaters, lethifolds, werewolves, chimearas, manticores, etc., Marvel villians, LC a Hades 2, plus PoE would make for one heck of a scarezone. There are just ideas off the top of my head.

^My wife got picked to go up on stage at the MGM Grand in Vegas with David Copperfield and I know she wasn't in on it.

i've been to the hhn so far, this year, last year, and the freddy cruger year.

whats in the contracts of suess and potter that the can't have a scare zone our houses?

i've been to the hhn so far, this year, last year, and the freddy cruger year.

whats in the contracts of suess and potter that the can't have a scare zone our houses?

For Seuss Landing, Geisel's (aka Dr. Seuss) wife will not allow the area be used as a scarezone because it may taint the whimsical image of Seuss. Some are speculating as to whether Potter will be under the same strict guidelines.

TJ Mannarino - at the last VIP Lounge panel, when asked if HHN would ever return to IOA - did say it would happen one day, "when the time is right". He was definitely referring to a return to both parks though.

If this were to happen, in my opinion, they have to increase the number of attractions. My wish list: 12 houses (either 6 at each park, or 8 at USF and 4 at IOA), 10 scarezones (6 at USF, 4 at IOA), 4 shows (Bill & Ted in current spot, Rocky Horror at Beetlejuice, Brushwood at Toon Lagoon stage, and something new at Animal Actors stage). Attractions open: Hulk, Spidey, Jurassic Park, Forbidden Journey, Dragons, Rockit, Mummy, JAWS, Simpsons, T2:3D.

When the word epic comes to mind, I will likely now think of this. My only gripe, MIB needs to be open, too.

The good thing about potter, With that by-pass bridge they could flat out close it down if WB/ JK Rowling asked.. Seuss would end up doing what they did before and tweek a little since it is a gateway to the soundstage houses / USF...

It would be nice to have the VIP lounge up there.. esp if they had a show of sorts nearby which you could have an Ariel view of...

Personally I was not a fan of the 2 park HHN, and I wasn't a fan of having it in IOA either. The pathways are smaller, AND they are stuck with the current theming and have to build around it. At USF they have pretty much a blank slate and can do whatever they want with that slate. Thats why I think its best to stay at the studios and enjoy better events there.

Im praying to god, next year is a movie year, I wanna see a Halloween Maze, cause Michael Myers is out for some blood man. And Havoc For sure needs a sequel, this time, in a soundstage, I hope. I also have a scarezone idea, I call it, Darkness: City Of The Skeletons, its a whole world under the control of the Grimm Reaper. The whole street is under a netting that makes it almost completely pitch black, its a little bit backlit. You can't see the scareactors, but they can see you, and they should have a trigger on the side of their costumes where they light up for about 4 seconds, and they have sythces, and once they swing at you, they dissappear, and at the end, its the Grimm Reaper on his throne. But I hope its a movie year next year.

Each park has there strong and weak points, but combine they correctly and it could be better than ever before. I would really like to see both parks used again. Basically just use the formula from HHN 14 but they need to do a few things different because each year the crowds just get bigger and bigger. Just some hopes and possible locations for a dual park setup.

-10 Haunts
Locations
-SS23
-SS23
-SS22
-Parade Building
-Disaster Queue
-Tent 1
-Tent 2
-Thunderfalls Terrace
-Carnage Warehouse
-Jurassic Park Discovery Center

-8 scarezones
-Jurassic Park
-Toon Lagoon
-Lost Continent/Crossover to USF
-Suess/Crossover to USF
-Hollywood
-New York
-San Francisco
-Production Central or Port of Entry depending on which entrance is used

-3 shows
-Bill and Ted (Fear Factor)
-Rocky Horror Picture Show (Beetlejuice)
-Brian Bushwood (Toon Lagoon)

Attractions Operating
Hulk, Dr Doom, Spiderman, Ripsaw Falls, JPRA, FJ, Dragon Challenge, FotH, HRRR, RoTM, Shrek, Jaws, MIB, T2-3D and the Simpsons.

That would be a total of 37 attractions within HHN! Now that would cut down on lines a little bit, and for out of towners make HHN a two night event. They could introduce a whole new ticket package like 3 days of fun and 2 nights of Terror!

Each park has there strong and weak points, but combine they correctly and it could be better than ever before. I would really like to see both parks used again. Basically just use the formula from HHN 14 but they need to do a few things different because each year the crowds just get bigger and bigger. Just some hopes and possible locations for a dual park setup.

-10 Haunts
Locations
-SS23
-SS23
-SS22
-Parade Building
-Disaster Queue
-Tent 1
-Tent 2
-Thunderfalls Terrace
-Carnage Warehouse
-Jurassic Park Discovery Center

-8 scarezones
-Jurassic Park
-Toon Lagoon
-Lost Continent/Crossover to USF
-Suess/Crossover to USF
-Hollywood
-New York
-San Francisco
-Production Central or Port of Entry depending on which entrance is used

-3 shows
-Bill and Ted (Fear Factor)
-Rocky Horror Picture Show (Beetlejuice)
-Brian Bushwood (Toon Lagoon)

Attractions Operating
Hulk, Dr Doom, Spiderman, Ripsaw Falls, JPRA, FJ, Dragon Challenge, FotH, HRRR, RoTM, Shrek, Jaws, MIB, T2-3D and the Simpsons.

That would be a total of 37 attractions within HHN! Now that would cut down on lines a little bit, and for out of towners make HHN a two night event. They could introduce a whole new ticket package like 3 days of fun and 2 nights of Terror!

This sounds absolutely delightfully terrifying! Maybe a scarezone in Marvel and HP if possible also. I can just imagine the marketing possibilities.

This sounds absolutely delightfully terrifying! Maybe a scarezone in Marvel and HP if possible also. I can just imagine the marketing possibilities.

Now no one knows about HP but Marvel even before the Disney deal was not happy about there characters being used for HHN. Which is a shame because City under Siege was an amazing scarezone. Venom and Carnage were just wicked!

US said, at the Hauntcon tour ( biggest rip off/waste of money ever) they consider it a be a two night event. They know how hard it can be to do it all in a night and want it that way.

I don't know if two more houses is worth all that extra walking, and I doubt Shrek would be much of a hit, just doesn't seem like the right crowd. The roller coasters being open would be nice though.
HP will probably never get used, I doubt JKR would allow it.

I think once the event outgrows USF (which it eventually will) they'll do it like HHN 2004 where they used 2 parks but didn't use them in full, and then once it outgrows that it will be full on two parks. Once it gets to that point though, they won't turn back.