Halloween Horror Nights 21: Your Luck Has Run Out | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 21: Your Luck Has Run Out

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The problem with LT investigation other houses and haunted places is that it would TOO similar to the Wyandot Estate. They can only do so many "haunted houses"

It could work if they tweak enough to where it's fresh. Take my "Civil War" suggestion for example. Use the story of a plantation home being the site of one of the most gruesome battles in Civil War history. You would go thru some of the rooms of the home, but also through some of the fields. Imagine the last scene being a battle between the 2 ghost sides. Other roads they can take, maybe an actual demon house, like Drag Me to Hell type stuff without the cheese. Have it haunting a hotel or something. It doesn't just have to be paranormal though, it could be cryptozoologic investigations. Mothman house anyone?

I'm not for the Legendary Truth thing. I was not too happy with Wyandot Estate but I do think Universal wants to go further. I'm not sure how many glow masks and bad scare tactics I can take if they make another. I prefer the living dead more than I do ghosts. I would really like to see Cindy take over Screamhouse.

I love the old-school Deadtropolis and such, but posting threads like these get locked soon. Anyways: I'm pretty sure all of us can come up with the Carey, Ohio story; Its just what makes you come up with it. Serious businessmen. We know some of the make-up guys for HHN XX and such, but we put some of the content in the clubhouse in our neighborhood. Not to seem like a douche or anything, but honestly: We came up with this 3-5 years ago. Although, Jake: I was legitimately scared in the Warehouse. :lol: That would get my heart racing.
We don't have the same core fanbase as Nightmares. I imagine in a couple weeks our will just lay dormant and will resurface in April. I'm honestly not concerned and if anyone has to clean it up, it will be me. I got this.

I feel the past will be just that, the past, What we should see next year is an all new event, new Icons, and new Characters. We see this every year, people wanting to see sequel houses/zones, or want to see something all new. This year is a close if you will to the past, at least for a while. Next year should give us an event that is a complete theme like that of 2005. Personally I feel this would be the route to take for marketing, and fans alike, we do not want HHN to turn into HOS where houses are re-hashed every year.

I feel the past will be just that, the past, What we should see next year is an all new event, new Icons, and new Characters. We see this every year, people wanting to see sequel houses/zones, or want to see something all new. This year is a close if you will to the past, at least for a while. Next year should give us an event that is a complete theme like that of 2005. Personally I feel this would be the route to take for marketing, and fans alike, we do not want HHN to turn into HOS where houses are re-hashed every year.

Agreed. I really would like a completely original year for HHN XXI.

I'd love to see Catacombs as a sequel also. Or, I should say, a prequel even. I would like to see Catacombs set in the actual period of the Black Death era.
Or how about the sick somehow turning on the doctors (or their vengeful ghosts turning on them). The plaques say the doctors had no real medical training, so a vengence theme could work.

They aren't bringing back anything from the past 20 years. There might be common threads like Legendary Truth, but look for everything to be new.

I am thinking that maybe for the 25th anniversary, Creative should bring back Hell Gate Prison. I've heard that was an awesome house, and one of A&D's favorite houses to create.

I really loved Hellgate Prison. I don't remember the sets being much compared to a lot of the stuff we are seeing lately but they were very good and the scares were very intense with great casts and the first main hall with the visiting with prisoners over the phones on the other side of glass got very personal.

As much as that is one I would not mind seeing back in name anyway I think they should try and do something different with a prison concept, or rather as different as they can. That is one thing Howloscream did great with. They took a prison house and manage to tell a really good ghost story that made the guest feel guilty in the process.

i think they are going to have a theme around havoc, even the employees raved about that house the most

Old franchises and houses need to be concluded too. No more Psychoscareapy, Body Collectors, All Nite Die-In, Legendary Truth, Treaks, Chainsaw Drill Team, etc. Don't bring back Midway of the Bizarre, Deadtropolis, or whatever favorites fans may have.
See, I don't see all of them fading forever. Especially the CDT, even if they return to just wandering around areas of the park. I don't think we'll see as many rehashes as we have recently, but I don't think they're gone for good.

Well it depends, certain houses I can see as sequelish.

I didn't go through Catacombs, but by the sounds of it, it was a great house and I missed out. I wish they would make a sequel so I could experience it
I kind of feel this way (especially since I had to miss HHNXX :embarassed:), but at the same time I do think I'd like to experience things I know haven't been done in any shape or form yet. I do admit though, that I wish they'd gradually be brought back sometime in the future.

Agreed. I really would like a completely original year for HHN XXI.
Right now, this is what I want as well. :thumbs:

I know you guys are aiming for an all original year. But what about a year that has all the worst houses come back for one more chance.

Spawning
Jungle of Doom
Reflections of Fear
Maximum Carnage

I know you guys are aiming for an all original year. But what about a year that has all the worst houses come back for one more chance.

Spawning
Jungle of Doom
Reflections of Fear
Maximum Carnage

:lol: I know where you're coming from ---- but that's a marketing nightmare. "Remember those houses you hated? Well... this time... is different!"