Halloween Horror Nights 21: Your Luck Has Run Out | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 21: Your Luck Has Run Out

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Eh, they already sort of did a "magic-themed" arrival show back at HHN 16(?). It featured a giant blender, cutting someone in half, and some more 'tricks' with Jack hosting.

Just from the room hint, I don't see a whole magician themed-event. I'm leaning towards more of an ancient ceremonial type of room.

Could be, but the word magic is very powerful :)

How about a Dark Wizard or Witch?

I dunno, usually whenever HHN has gone mystical with its themes it tends to have some sort of realism to it as well. I dunno what kind of story they could pull off with "real" magic.

That was a such a great one, The Hallow... It was like fairy tales on LSD from what I recall, LOL!
The Hallow was the original Halloween one. I think you are thinking of Scary Tales which was another phenomenal house. The Hallow had Samhein, Headless Horsemen, etc.

The Hallow was the original Halloween one. I think you are thinking of Scary Tales which was another phenomenal house. The Hallow had Samhein, Headless Horsemen, etc.

OHHH YES!!! That's right... I was just waking up when I typed that... My brain was running on 2 cycles a minute and in low gear... I'm currently happy to report I'm up to 4 cycles a minute now... GO GO Gadget Brain!

OHHH YES!!! That's right... I was just waking up when I typed that... My brain was running on 2 cycles a minute and in low gear... I'm currently happy to report I'm up to 4 cycles a minute now... GO GO Gadget Brain!

Gotta love that morning coffee :thumbs:

I missed that year as well cause thats the year I got hitched as well, so I didn't get to see Mary Agana, Scary Tales, or any of the other houses that year :'(

There were definitely runes in The Hallow as well as, The Coven, Blood Ruins, and Scary Tales. As well some are speculating that this might be a sequel or prequel to Catacombs.

There were definitely runes in The Hallow as well as, The Coven, Blood Ruins, and Scary Tales. As well some are speculating that this might be a sequel or prequel to Catacombs.

Not much they can do with the Catacombs, since I'm going to Paris in a week and a half, I'm trying to get the wifey to agree to go and see the ACTUAL catacombs, but she hates scary stuff :lol: She goes to HHN and waits outside the houses for me

Not much they can do with the Catacombs, since I'm going to Paris in a week and a half, I'm trying to get the wifey to agree to go and see the ACTUAL catacombs, but she hates scary stuff :lol: She goes to HHN and waits outside the houses for me

Tell her the Catacombs aren't scary they are history.

The first HHN "ad" has been released in the latest AP newsletter (courtesy of Designing the Fear):

229269_199108190134083_170325193012383_566993_7832371_n.jpg

Funny, that is what 20 was for me. Reflections was not a strong house but the HHN 18 as an event itself was one of the most fun and immersion oriented.

Of all of my years going started in 97 I would rank 20 as a very good year. But the funny thing about HHN it is hard to get a solid opinion from going one night which to me is the sad part of the event. It is sad that you need to go numerous nights to see how houses are better and crews are better.

I highly disagree. HHN 18 was my favorite year. From 2006-2010 it easily was my favorite. It had 7 strong houses, some awesome scarezones, a decent Bill and Ted and it debuted Legendary Truth. I remember the only thing I felt that year that lacked was Bill and Ted and the actual house Reflections of Fear, otherwise it was my favorite year and many peoples favorite in recent years.

For me the best bill and ted was last year. This year I'm sure bin laden is going to be a huge thing they are going to poke at. Last Year by far was my favorite year. Every house was amazing! The orphanage was a little week but I loved the fire at the end

--- Update ---

The first HHN "ad" has been released in the latest AP newsletter (courtesy of Designing the Fear):

229269_199108190134083_170325193012383_566993_7832371_n.jpg

giving me chills

I highly disagree. HHN 18 was my favorite year. From 2006-2010 it easily was my favorite. It had 7 strong houses, some awesome scarezones, a decent Bill and Ted and it debuted Legendary Truth. I remember the only thing I felt that year that lacked was Bill and Ted and the actual house Reflections of Fear, otherwise it was my favorite year and many peoples favorite in recent years.

I agree
18 was a great year
19 great sound stage houses
20 sucked IMO