Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I didn't think 20 Penny Circus was terrible. Then again, I was pretty tipsy during the show so that may have had something to do with my enjoyment of it :lol:

I'll take any show. I've seen RHPS plenty of times and Bill and Ted will always eat a crowd, couple that with them actually adding show times to the lagoon show and it could end up helping spread the crowd out some.

And post on Evil Takes Route for the few of you following that.

Post from July 9

[video=youtube;dBuPg_QToJ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dBuPg_QToJ4[/video]

I’ve decided I will need to disconnect my home phone when I open this file on my computer. Obviously whoever is monitoring my moves online will know, but at least they cannot harass me in my house.

Some of you are asking why I don’t open up the blog for comments and this is precisely the reason – you do not want to draw their attention because they may start to focus on you too.
Back to the issue at hand, the bloody photographs look like pictures of hand-drawn sketches. Will explain in more detail in next post…PS

Post from July 11th

BLOODIED PICS Posted in Uncategorized by PS

There were three in the envelope. One looks like a drawing of what appears at first glance to be a star on a badge or disc with markings I do not understand.
Another has track-like markings. And the third is a sketch that is unmistakable. All of which you can judge for yourselves because I am going to get them each scanned and will post them soon…PS

2052022.JPG

Anything that eats up the crowd is something I'll agree to. :lol:

I don't recall RHPS eating up a lot of crowds. Never saw as many walk-outs in a theme park as I saw from that show. Better than leaving the theater empty, but I can brainstorm 100 things I'd rather see that might actually draw people.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't think 20 Penny Circus was terrible. Then again, I was pretty tipsy during the show so that may have had something to do with my enjoyment of it :lol:

Naked Mentalist was kind of awesome. Unfortunately, it was the same joke every single show. Guy had stage presence, tho. Magicians had potential but just felt out of their element for whatever reason. The hot chick Mistress of Ceremonies that Universal foisted on them was ... hot.

Will never understand why they don't just use Horror & Make-Up (minus the kid section, maybe a few more adult jokes) and a Halloween-special version of Beetlejuice.

Naked Mentalist was kind of awesome. Unfortunately, it was the same joke every single show. Guy had stage presence, tho. Magicians had potential but just felt out of their element for whatever reason. The hot chick Mistress of Ceremonies that Universal foisted on them was ... hot.

Will never understand why they don't just use Horror & Make-Up (minus the kid section, maybe a few more adult jokes) and a Halloween-special version of Beetlejuice.

I would think technically Universal would be paying them overtime at that point and would require some logistics from operations...might be easier just to hire someone for the event run :shrug:

From @Attractions:

Great news IMO

Agreed, Rocky Horror's a cult favorite and provides another element of diversity for HHN. I'm not a huge Rocky Horror fan but I liked the 2007-2009 iteration of the show.

I liked them. :shrug:

I did, too, they didn't deserve the flack they got IMO. Worth seeing once or twice if you were attending multiple nights.

From what I was told. 9 scare zones. And Legions will return as well. So we have the combination of both.

However, no chainsaws this year from what I'm hearing

From what I was told. 9 scare zones. And Legions will return as well. So we have the combination of both.

However, no chainsaws this year from what I'm hearing

Because that went over soooo well in 2011. :blank:

Get ready for some haphazardly added chainsaws by weekend two or three if this is true, just like in 2011. (I'll save my comments on yet another cut until we see if this actually happens.)

I'm gonna put it out there that I'm guessing 3 "permanent" zones with a similar theme, and then 6 legion hordes featuring characters specific to each legion.

Last edited:
Id sacrifice the chainsaw guys for 9 scarezone, although to me the chainsaw sound really adds to the whole atmosphere

Yeah, 2008 pulled off 9 zones (six listed on the map, three "unofficial") and managed to include chainsaws in a zone and a house. They can pull off both, no problem.

Yeah, 2008 pulled off 9 zones (six listed on the map, three "unofficial") and managed to include chainsaws in a zone and a house. They can pull off both, no problem.

My first memory of HHN was of the chainsaw guys at my first HHN back in the 90s. While waiting to enter the park at the main gate the gang came out into the crowd in a military type march, said a few things, cranked them bad boys on and started casing people around the front entrance. Needless to say I was around 14 and terrified at that point :lol: One of my favorite memories and always associate that sound with the event and love it