Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I hate the PA movies & the only place I think they could have at the event would be a room inside an All Nite Die-In Final Cut house. I'd like a Dead End sequel or new LT house though. Didn't get to experience the originals & heard good things. Just my opinion though.

Last edited:
Considering where PA:MO went with the end. I could totally see the house. A spilt in effects at the start then certain figures later and then tie in PA5 near the end.

If I left anything out on list. Let me know.

Possible list:
Walking Dead, Hitchcock, American Horror Story, a ghost type house, Jack House, Nightingales, Die-in/Usher combo, Face-Off, Catacombs, Universal Monsters.....

Last edited:
Oh yeah 5 nights at Freddy's 3 is coming out this year, if they need a popular video game IP with a ton of great characters they should really look into that one. Could really benefit from puppets too

Guys... Paranormal Activity? Really? Not only has that brand lost much of its luster (critically and financially), it doesn't translate to a haunted house. It's almost the antithesis of a haunted house.

I know we have little else to do but throw out random properties now that we know we're guaranteed a few every damn year, but let's at least consider what's practical.

Guys... Paranormal Activity? Really? Not only has that brand lost much of its luster (critically and financially), it doesn't translate to a haunted house. It's almost the antithesis of a haunted house.

I know we have little else to do but throw out random properties now that we know we're guaranteed a few every damn year, but let's at least consider what's practical.

100% agree. Maybe the idea of a PA type house would translate well, but it doesn't need to be marketed as a PA house.

Not sure what facts your checking fallow. But the series is still turning a profit each film. Maybe you did not see The Marked Ones which explored a little more then it just being a ghost in the house. I don't see why it couldn't be a house. I guess all the folks at A&D are not good at what they do huh...

The reason why I stated PA is because Universal seems to have a great relationship with Blumhouse. Also the series is well known among the younger crowd who are attending Horror Nights these days.

Well of course it turned a profit, the movies are made for dirt cheap. :lol:

Ouija made a profit too. Do you think people will be rushing to Universal to experience a Ouija house?

Just wanted to follow up on Fallow's comment about losing it's luster. It's a downward trend.

Rotten TomatoesDomestic TotalWorldwide TotalTotal
Paranormal Activity83%$107,918,810$85,436,990$193,355,800
Paranormal Activity 258%$84,752,907$92,759,125$177,512,032
Paranormal Activity 368%$104,028,807$103,011,037$207,039,844
Paranormal Activity 424%$53,900,335$88,917,657$142,817,992
Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones38%$32,462,372$58,442,482$90,904,854

Well of course it turned a profit, the movies are made for dirt cheap. :lol:

Ouija made a profit too. Do you think people will be rushing to Universal to experience a Ouija house?

Well a course not. Because that's not a well known series. Yeah each movie is going to have a lower gross. That's how horror genre goes. PA is as popular as Saw was. Though we had Saw at both parks. Anyway it was a ip that universal could use. Not that they are going to 100% use it. So let's here anymore ideas you guys might have.

Well a course not. Because that's not a well known series. Yeah each movie is going to have a lower gross. That's how horror genre goes. PA is as popular as Saw was. Though we had Saw at both parks. Anyway it was a ip that universal could use. Not that they are going to 100% use it. So let's here anymore ideas you guys might have.

Ehhh. By the time Saw showed up to HHN, the movies were still making over $100. Ignoring IP's popularity, the problem with PA as a house is that the spirit is never seen in a physical form. It's all shadows, moving objects, and sounds. I mean, you could use the demon's followers as the scareactors but I think it'll get repetitive real quick. That's why instead of shelling out money for the IP rights, they should just draw up inspiration from PA and create their own malevolent spirit. I mean a nastier version of the LT house from 2010.

Another option (although very unlikely) is Drag Me to Hell. It's a Universal movie, granted it's 6 years old now, but at least they don't need to get the rights for it.

A HHN ticket survey was recently sent out. One of the questions asked was about FFP and which ticket would be the best option.

What's interesting is that it now has Friday, Sept 18th as the first night instead of the announced Sept 25th date. It could be just a survey thing... or it may not be.

Ehhh. By the time Saw showed up to HHN, the movies were still making over $100. Ignoring IP's popularity, the problem with PA as a house is that the spirit is never seen in a physical form. It's all shadows, moving objects, and sounds. I mean, you could use the demon's followers as the scareactors but I think it'll get repetitive real quick. That's why instead of shelling out money for the IP rights, they should just draw up inspiration from PA and create their own malevolent spirit. I mean a nastier version of the LT house from 2010.

Another option (although very unlikely) is Drag Me to Hell. It's a Universal movie, granted it's 6 years old now, but at least they don't need to get the rights for it.

Bingo on the first paragraph. I just don't see it, the name doesn't command attention anymore. When its release dates are played with like hot potatoes, you know a studio is losing confidence in a franchise. The numbers support that.

Wouldn't be the first time Drag Me to Hell's popped up - the hag/witch appeared in 2009's Horrorwood Drive-In scare zone. However, I think IPs get picked in one of two ways for Orlando: either marketing demands it (Walking Dead), or A&D *really* wants it (An American Werewolf in London, Cabin in the Woods). Not sure how much demand there is for Drag Me to Hell within the halls of A&D.

I got the survey too. It looks like they're toying with the idea of doing away with the fixed express options that come with passes and forcing you to purchase them a la carte per night at a discount.

They also mentioned the following IPs:
Nightmare on Elm Street
Friday the 13th
Scream
American Horror Story
Insidious
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Walking Dead

Looks like we might be getting a New Line Cinema redux.

- - - Updated - - -

Just wanted to follow up on Fallow's comment about losing it's luster. It's a downward trend.

Rotten TomatoesDomestic TotalWorldwide TotalTotal
Paranormal Activity83%$107,918,810$85,436,990$193,355,800
Paranormal Activity 258%$84,752,907$92,759,125$177,512,032
Paranormal Activity 368%$104,028,807$103,011,037$207,039,844
Paranormal Activity 424%$53,900,335$88,917,657$142,817,992
Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones38%$32,462,372$58,442,482$90,904,854

I consider Marked Ones a spin off and not a sequel. I think others who followed the series thought the same thing and avoided it. If they release an official PA5, I'll go back to the theatre for it.

- - - Updated - - -

And another thought about AHS...

Maybe Orlando gets Freak Show and Hollywood gets Murder House or something like that. They both get AHS, but a different season of it to encourage one trip to each coast.

A HHN ticket survey was recently sent out. One of the questions asked was about FFP and which ticket would be the best option.

What's interesting is that it now has Friday, Sept 18th as the first night instead of the announced Sept 25th date. It could be just a survey thing... or it may not be.

I got the survey too. It looks like they're toying with the idea of doing away with the fixed express options that come with passes and forcing you to purchase them a la carte per night at a discount.

And another thought about AHS...

Maybe Orlando gets Freak Show and Hollywood gets Murder House or something like that. They both get AHS, but a different season of it to encourage one trip to each coast.

It seems like they would make more profit from restructuring the express passes that way, so I could see it happening. I did not receive the survey but after last year it became very clear that the ticket options NEED to be restructured, so I see this as a good compromise for both camps.

Also, that is the first AHS idea anyone has thrown out that I have liked. Making it a multicoast thing is a great way to market both events and keep Orlando's repetition factor down.

Edit: Does anyone have screen captures of the survey or remember the numbers they were floating for ticket prices/express pass?

Last edited:
The prices were all over the map. It seemed like they were going back and forth on making the passes cheaper, but charging out the wazoo for express or making the passes pricier and making the express a cheap add-on.

The prices were all over the map. It seemed like they were going back and forth on making the passes cheaper, but charging out the wazoo for express or making the passes pricier and making the express a cheap add-on.

Okay, good to know. I really wish my friend who got the survey actually remembered some of the numbers just to give an idea.

I'll take whatever they feel will help crowd control.

At this point, I wonder what would help crowd control?

Okay, good to know. I really wish my friend who got the survey actually remembered some of the numbers just to give an idea.

At this point, I wonder what would help crowd control?

2 more houses than the norm
higher ticket prices
less ticket availability
the use of half of IoA - spreads people out more

just my thoughts i know some of these have drawbacks

Edit: Does anyone have screen captures of the survey or remember the numbers they were floating for ticket prices/express pass?

No screencaps, but IIRC, the FFP prices ran from the upper $70s up to maybe $110. The more interesting thing to me was it asked about what you'd pay for a FFP blacked out the last week. Don't recall any mentions of Rush of Fear, but maybe it was catering questions to my answers. Also tried to gauge what night you'd go if there was no FFP, but also asked on every option "would you really buy this ticket?".