Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Different folks I guess ... I loved it, though it does have a disjointed nature. Asylum remains my favorite though!

I mean, opinions of the show have soured from the comments amongst friends and other message boards/comment sections; and considering that there is talk that they are going to completely revamp the format for Season 5 is sorta admitting that what they've put out isn't working as much as they'd hope to.

Oh yeah this season sucked for sure (thanks to Dandy :bang:) It doesn't matter though, all we need are environments, characters and iconic show scenes to pull of an HHN house and this season had all of those things. Like I hated it but throughout it I just kept thinking of HHN, would make for a killer house and if they wanted to do the other seasons for a giga house then be my guest. As much as some don't like the show you can't deny its popularity and appeal, definitely deserves a spot in HHN

Oh yeah this season sucked for sure (thanks to Dandy :bang:) It doesn't matter though, all we need are environments, characters and iconic show scenes to pull of an HHN house and this season had all of those things. Like I hated it but throughout it I just kept thinking of HHN, would make for a killer house and if they wanted to do the other seasons for a giga house then be my guest. As much as some don't like the show you can't deny its popularity and appeal, definitely deserves a spot in HHN

I agree there are enough iconic images to make a fine HHN house out of either all 5 seasons or just season 4. But the whole purpose of having an IP-based house is to drive ticket sales. And Joe from Orlando isn't going to see the interior of the house before he buys a ticket, just the words "American Horror Story." I'm not sure the bump from a fading show that was never close to being TWD--was never even Sons of Anarchy--is worth the hassle of having to deal with the IP holder.

I agree there are enough iconic images to make a fine HHN house out of either all 5 seasons or just season 4. But the whole purpose of having an IP-based house is to drive ticket sales. And Joe from Orlando isn't going to see the interior of the house before he buys a ticket, just the words "American Horror Story." I'm not sure the bump from a fading show that was never close to being TWD--was never even Sons of Anarchy--is worth the hassle of having to deal with the IP holder.

Or, for that matter, paying the money to have the IP. Another reason why I do not understand why you would bother to get AHS with Jack already returning? Just have Jack host a freakshow based house or show. As far as past seasons go, if they had trouble with the IP holder in the past (as has been said before) why would that change now. I imagine if they wanted to try to pull off a greatest hits house, it would be very difficult as, allegedly, there were certain things/scenes that the IP holder wanted to have represented in the past that I cannot see them budging on now.

Not only do they have their own brand of freakshows/circus with Jack (as stated above), but they also have their own brand of an asylum (Psychoscarepy). They've had 4 (or 3? Going off quick memory) sequels to PS and plenty of circus/freak shows/houses/zones over the past 15 years. Jack alone can bring in attendance numbers where smaller IP's aren't needed. If any IP's are brought in next year, they will be big names. It's 25 years. It's a big year. AHS hasn't left a big enough mark on pop culture where it should be even considered for a big year.

"@HorrorNightsORL: The team finished initial concepts for streets. Went over concept treatment for House #3. Busy!!!"

Hard to tell if that's good news or bad. Unless they been working on streets since before 24.

Yep in much agreement about AHS not being a ticket seller like TWD was. Everything the show has. We've already had in the past 4-5 minus the characters.

"@HorrorNightsORL: The team finished initial concepts for streets. Went over concept treatment for House #3. Busy!!!"

Hard to tell if that's good news or bad. Unless they been working on streets since before 24.

Yep in much agreement about AHS not being a ticket seller like TWD was. Everything the show has. We've already had in the past 4-5 minus the characters.
"Initial" which means not final...wouldn't worry too much..

And American Horror Story would be a rehash of past HHN stuff with a brand slapped onto it...

I think you all are really doubting the AHS fan girls here, sure TWD might be a bigger show but then again look how many fan pages, fan montages, fan fictions, fan theories and especially Evan peter admirers. There is a giant market, every high school in the USA tuned into this season atleast a couple times. It's far from "dying" anytime soon, in fact I predict it'll last longer than the walking dead thanks to its "new theme every season" anthology elements.

As for the it'll clash with Jack argument I really don't think we will be getting another carnival theme this year anyways. Jack started as an insane asylum patient before he was overblown, he doesn't fit into a specific type of theme as let's say the director or caretaker. If they wanted to do the carnival of carnage again they could always just say Elsa Mars's freak show is just a part of his carnival. It is a traveling freak show after all AND it takes place in Jupiter Florida (not too far from orlando). If they could fit other IPs that'll probably have nothing to do with carnivals anyways I really don't see the problem with this one

I mean, opinions of the show have soured from the comments amongst friends and other message boards/comment sections; and considering that there is talk that they are going to completely revamp the format for Season 5 is sorta admitting that what they've put out isn't working as much as they'd hope to.

I think the main problem is that they had too much stuff and they forced it all together, this also caused some of the ideas to not be worked out properly ... but I still love Freakshow, especially Twisty and Dandy, it probably should have had a lot more episodes to really flesh it all out more, or they should have left out the salesman bits and just have the entire series being about twisty and dandy vs the freakshow people.

In any case, since there is some speculation this could happen for HHN, wasn't there some speculation concerning Tobe Hooper's Funhouse last year?

- - - Updated - - -

(thanks to Dandy :bang:)

Lol, he was my favorite together with Twisty :)

Dr Jimmy has been rampant with hints on his Tumblr page the past week with all of them being related to the UK. They include:
King Arthur's grave.
Various Hitchcock photos that include The Birds and behind the scenes of Frenzy.
Jack the Ripper photos, and a line that says, "Here’s a thought to haunt your nightmares, what if Jack the Ripper was the first Evil Clown?"
Queen Elizabeth and George and Mary's jubilees.
A photo of Sherlock Holmes.
A photo of a werewolf.
A guide for Halloween and kids making treats in front of the Queen.
Photos of Mary Poppins, Thomas the Tank Engine, and a book about the sources of British children books.
British Army photos.
British woods, homes, and castles.
Polo.
Candy.
Photos from Monty Python, Blackadder, and Excalibur.
Herne the Hunter.
The Beatles, David Bowie, The Who, Herman's Hermits, and Queen.
David Tennant and Doctor Who stuff.
The London Dungeon.
Hellraiser.
The Northampton Clown.
Cathedrals.
Various monster movies.
Magicians.
Ghostwatch.
Simon Pegg.
James Bond.

From what I'm gathering, he's definitely hinting towards a Hitchcock house, a new Scary Tales, and sequels to Nightingales, Catacombs, and Gothic. The Jack the Ripper stuff might be related to Jack the Clown, especially given the clown line, but it seems like a possibility. He also seems to be hinting towards a music house in the era of the British Invasion.

From what I'm gathering, he's definitely hinting towards a Hitchcock house, a new Scary Tales, and sequels to Nightingales, Catacombs, and Gothic. The Jack the Ripper stuff might be related to Jack the Clown, especially given the clown line, but it seems like a possibility. He also seems to be hinting towards a music house in the era of the British Invasion.

Now Things are getting interesting. Hitchcock is heavily rumored. Scary Tales would be a great way to go off the success of Dollhouse. I would think instead of Gothic it would lead towards Crimson Peak. Nightingales vs Body Collectors. As far as Jack The Ripper= Jack the Clown. A little to simple for Dr.Jimmy

As much as I want that. I can't help but to feel like it would be watered down.

I'd love the Funhouse idea. Would go well with our 80's house run but it's not widely popular.

Now Things are getting interesting. Hitchcock is heavily rumored. Scary Tales would be a great way to go off the success of Dollhouse. I would think instead of Gothic it would lead towards Crimson Peak. Nightingales vs Body Collectors. As far as Jack The Ripper= Jack the Clown. A little to simple for Dr.Jimmy

Crimson Peak won't take place in a cathedral though. Although, the British castles and whatnot he's been posting could certainly be pointing to it.

Jack takes the UK? I friggin love it!!!! I mean what a fantastic idea to base an entire year over one country's haunted history and pop culture. There is literally endless amounts of material to be had here and it would lead to some absolutely killer streets aswell (clown Bobby's and royal guards anybody?). If this is the theme to this year I am beyond pumped, please please PLEASE let it be so

Not of all Dr. Jimmy's tumblr post are clues..

he already posted that they were clues on tumblr

- - - Updated - - -

Jack takes the UK? I friggin love it!!!! I mean what a fantastic idea to base an entire year over one country's haunted history and pop culture. There is literally endless amounts of material to be had here and it would lead to some absolutely killer streets aswell (clown Bobby's and royal guards anybody?). If this is the theme to this year I am beyond pumped, please please PLEASE let it be so

He's using British related photos to hint towards mazes and zones like Jack the Ripper-Jack the Clown. He's not hinting towards a british theme