Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Rush of Fear was what I was paying attention to. It would've covered the first 10 event nights. Prices ranged from around $50 for the pass with $60 per night express to around $140 for the pass with $30 per night express.

The structure was which of these 4 appeals to you the most and would you actually buy it if it were offered. My survey crashed about 2/3 of the way through, so I didn't get to see all of the options.

Rush of Fear was what I was paying attention to. It would've covered the first 10 event nights. Prices ranged from around $50 for the pass with $60 per night express to around $140 for the pass with $30 per night express.

The structure was which of these 4 appeals to you the most and would you actually buy it if it were offered. My survey crashed about 2/3 of the way through, so I didn't get to see all of the options.

Glad i'm not the only one, mine crashed mid way through as well. Interesting survey though. I'm glad I finally got one.

Well said BriMan! Finally I can agree with that thought. I would hope for a LT house with a push on effects side.

Seems their figuring out a way to work on the crowds without adding a 9th house. I was set to buy the pass with express this year.

While I do love Scream. At first I thought it might be repetitive but then again Halloween changed my opinion on what A&D can do.

Scream would be a weird choice. I know they're reviving it with a TV show with very different circumstances; and it is a MTV production. Just seems like a weird time to pull that card. Maybe when Scream 4 was coming out..

Well said BriMan! Finally I can agree with that thought. I would hope for a LT house with a push on effects side.

Seems their figuring out a way to work on the crowds without adding a 9th house. I was set to buy the pass with express this year.

While I do love Scream. At first I thought it might be repetitive but then again Halloween changed my opinion on what A&D can do.

And it would be cool to have to go into the house under the infamous garage door:
mov_scream_5.jpg

Just an FYI:

Scream has been done before. It was a featured part of the All-Nite Die-In 2. Granted it wasn't a full haunt, it was still there. The garage gag was featured however.

Just an FYI:

Scream has been done before. It was a featured part of the All-Nite Die-In 2. Granted it wasn't a full haunt, it was still there. The garage gag was featured however.

Yeah, I know. I mean, Michael was in the first All Nite Die In and the full house treatment certainly did not hurt him.

Honestly, I do not want them to take on Scream (or any other New Line property) unless they are passionate about the project. I feel like any more you can tell the love and care that goes into certain houses and those are the ones I want to walk through the most.

Scream is my dream house, it's my favorite horror film of all time actually. I want to walk through Woodsboro, run from Ghostface & see all the iconic scenes from all 4 films. Make it about the movies & Halloween last year proved like Zombie said, a single slasher can work. Plus i'd love to be waiting in line listening to Red Right Hand before we enter the soundstage or tent.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know. I mean, Michael was in the first All Nite Die In and the full house treatment certainly did not hurt him.

Honestly, I do not want them to take on Scream (or any other New Line property) unless they are passionate about the project. I feel like any more you can tell the love and care that goes into certain houses and those are the ones I want to walk through the most.

Oh, I wasn't making the point to write it off that it can't happen. I think the difference between Halloween and Scream is most of AD grew up on Halloween where the next generation grew up on Scream. Not saying they aren't fans, but obviously Halloween had an effect in their career field. :lol:

Scream is my dream house, it's my favorite horror film of all time actually. I want to walk through Woodsboro, run from Ghostface & see all the iconic scenes from all 3 films. Make it about the movies & Halloween last year proved like Zombie said, a single slasher can work. Plus i'd love to be waiting in line listening to Red Right Hand before we enter the soundstage or tent.

I feel like Scream, like Halloween, would work well in a tent. Heck, if they saved some of the sets from Halloween then they already have the garage built and some exteriors taken care of.

Of the New Line crew, I think only Freddy and Jason could justify taking a soundstage (and they have proven that you can pull off Jason without even a tent).

Given that none of the New Line crew are currently hugely relevant, I would imagine that if A&D were to take them on it is out of a desire to do so and not a marketing trick (I hope!). As long as we get some kick butt originals, I think having Ghostface and maybe one or two of the other New Line gang would be a good way to celebrate the 25th.

The only thing about the New Line 3 is we already done that before. Unless they do Dream Warriors, Freddy vs Jason or be able to create their own story using the characters.

The only thing about the New Line 3 is we already done that before. Unless they do Dream Warriors, Freddy vs Jason or be able to create their own story using the characters.

Not sure if FVJ could be done but my earliest spec for IP's this year were Scream, Freddy VS. Jason & The Walking Dead for starters with Nightengales & a Bayou of Blood house. I wouldn't mind seeing the older stuff given the fact that 2012 was my first year & I barely saw any of the event that year.

I missed the New Line year (just out of high school at the time and didn't know HHN was a thing) and if I had a time machine, it would be the thing I would visit first. I really hope for at least a Nightmare house.

I really don't foresee Universal doing another "Best of". It was done for Sweet 16, and many sequel houses were done from HHN12 - 20. 20 also was a quasi "Best Of" year as well. That's not to say that they won't pay homage to the past seeing as Jack is appearing to be returning. I just don't see it being a heavy focus. I'll even say that I don't believe Walking Dead will return either. I know Walking Dead wasn't originally in the plans last year, as they felt it couldn't be topped, but obviously they decided to make the largest house ever. So what do you do next? Already had 3 houses (with the largest ever), a scarezone one year, an entire park dedicated to it the next. There really isn't much to do other than trying to milk the franchise again. It also seems this season is less about zombies and more about the human struggle with other survivors. Last season, as much as I didn't want it back, I saw potential areas that could translate well for a house. Not so much this year.

Haha Scream is so 90's...

I think it would be fun if they did a Five Nights at Freddy's type house...that game gives me the heebs

I really don't want another homage year, it's been done so much that it's almost a trope at this point. I also don't see the walking dead returning, that's a horror nights trope that ran it's course

I agree wholeheartedly. I would not mind seeing Scream but I am in no hurry for the others unless they get to do something different with them (Dream Warriors would be a great pick). I did not start attending until 2009 so I missed the Carnival of Carnage, but I am fine with them not doing the three again if they are landing dream properties and getting some amazing originals into the lineup.

I really don't foresee Universal doing another "Best of". It was done for Sweet 16, and many sequel houses were done from HHN12 - 20. 20 also was a quasi "Best Of" year as well. That's not to say that they won't pay homage to the past seeing as Jack is appearing to be returning. I just don't see it being a heavy focus. I'll even say that I don't believe Walking Dead will return either. I know Walking Dead wasn't originally in the plans last year, as they felt it couldn't be topped, but obviously they decided to make the largest house ever. So what do you do next? Already had 3 houses (with the largest ever), a scarezone one year, an entire park dedicated to it the next. There really isn't much to do other than trying to milk the franchise again. It also seems this season is less about zombies and more about the human struggle with other survivors. Last season, as much as I didn't want it back, I saw potential areas that could translate well for a house. Not so much this year.

I totally agree. I am WD fan, and really liked all three houses, but its time to stab it in the head. I would not be surprised if they have another house, I'm just not certain what "new" they could do with it. I guess they could include the hospital, but as Briman pointed out, that was more about the characters and not really about the zombies.

Also, is there any more or less meat to a Ghostbusters house? Not certain how scary it would be, but it would be a lot of fun.

Would love to see Freddy come back and a Dream Warriors house could be pretty awesome. Really hoping we don't see anything like Freddy vs Jason though, would likely suffer the same issues that AvP had.