Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There's so much that leaves me so concerned about the state of Horror Nights this year, but if people who are more in the know than I am seem satisfied than maybe I have less to worry about that I suspected.

I don't want to call anyone out, but I think the people "in the know" (with a few notable exceptions) tend to have more relaxed expectations, or are willing to cut Universal slack much more than we do.

This also excludes Teebin, who doesn't really have any expectations (since he's never attended the event.)

I don't want to call anyone out, but I think the people "in the know" (with a few notable exceptions) tend to have more relaxed expectations, or are willing to cut Universal slack much more than we do.

This also excludes Teebin, who doesn't really have any expectations (since he's never attended the event.)

whole heartedly agree, i'm not getting my hopes up for something ridiculous unless told to

I read things like Ghostbusters, The Purge and Annabelle in the forms of houses and I just don't see it. Maybe I am wrong and I'm a dying breed, but I just can't wrap my head around what is happening with these rumors. But I also think Lance makes things up, so there's that.

I read things like Ghostbusters, The Purge and Annabelle in the forms of houses and I just don't see it. Maybe I am wrong and I'm a dying breed, but I just can't wrap my head around what is happening with these rumors. But I also think Lance makes things up, so there's that.

Add me to that group, JMO but a lot of rumors and "wants" I have been reading make me sick

I'm all for Ghostbusters if done right. The rest are meh.

Like 5 Nights at Freddy's? :lol:

I'll be honest, an original spin on that concept could be super cool, but I definitely don't want a house directly based off of that.

It's guessing season. Some might be spot on while others are just a stretch. Once I use to say. HHN is just in a transitional phase but it's funny how we are becoming what Hollywood has been. Not that I don't mind IP's but I started at 13. The magic is slowly drifting.

Yeah Slashers I believe are more popular among a variety of ages over sci-fI.

Hey now! 5 Nights at Freddy's if done like Giggles and Gore could be pretty cool.

I do think Ghostbusters if done right could be cool
Purge could be one of my new favorite houses if it was a successor to Run. Run + Story = PLEASE!!

I think Teebin is smiling simply because the information is now coming out. People have officially started working on the event itself and know of its concepts. Doesn't mean he's excited, doesn't mean he is disgusted. It may simply mean he knows what many of you want to know. Just a guess btw...

Doesn't mean he's excited, doesn't mean he is disgusted.

You are a sharp cookie HTF. Like you knew I would be incensed by Kong invading JP, you may have also known that my pragmatic nature would also be fascinated by it.

Regarding my guess, my trap must shut tight and leave all of you to wonder which guess it was. You will soon (4-6 months?) know I promise.

You are a sharp cookie HTF. Like you knew I would be incensed by Kong invading JP, you may have also known that my pragmatic nature would also be fascinated by it.

Regarding my guess, my trap must shut tight and leave all of you to wonder which guess it was. You will soon (4-6 months?) know I promise.

I try :wave:

BTW, the reference of "my guess" was regarding my "future of" thread post.

Regarding HHN, like a movie or broadway show, we will never know the final outcome and response to this event until it has happened. They will get it right, or they won't. I can only speak to their behind-the-scenes intentions.

Wanna argue with that Fallow?

Actually there were people wanting the IP itself, not something like that.

Secondly, the game is essentially just jump scares in a very small setting. Just don't see it translating.

No need to get snappy.

The only way FNAF would work is if they had both of the games mixed together. The lore behind the series is deep, but having only one pizzaria wouldn't be enough to fill a whole house.

BTW, the reference of "my guess" was regarding my "future of" thread post.

Regarding HHN, like a movie or broadway show, we will never know the final outcome and response to this event until it has happened. They will get it right, or they won't. I can only speak to their behind-the-scenes intentions.

Wanna argue with that Fallow?

I was excluding you from a group of people who praise Universal to the point of excess - I don't think that's an insult, but, hey.

Here's the thing - I'm aware we're only hearing about concepts right now. People who are willing to just "accept" the new status quo with Universal get excited by your usual assortment of IPs... others don't. I'm one of those older fans. So regardless of eventual execution, hearing we're getting another "oh boy here's four IPs to satisfy marketing concerns" year - especially for the 25th anniversary - doesn't exactly tickle our fancy.

I was excluding you from a group of people who praise Universal to the point of excess - I don't think that's an insult, but, hey.

Here's the thing - I'm aware we're only hearing about concepts right now. People who are willing to just "accept" the new status quo with Universal get excited by your usual assortment of IPs... others don't. I'm one of those older fans. So regardless of eventual execution, hearing we're getting another "oh boy here's four IPs to satisfy marketing concerns" year - especially for the 25th anniversary - doesn't exactly tickle our fancy.

Aaah... sorry for the misunderstanding then. I just know they want to do bigger grander things this year. I have no idea what it will amount to. They are a super talented group, regardless. And none of them know me... :look: especially Mike.

It always seems every year. The plan is to do things bigger but a cut here and a few marketing pushes. I wonder how much their hands are tied.

Does anyone have a link to that survey?