Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 121 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Agreed, I just got all movies announced to date as well as AHS (watched seasons 1 and 2 when they first came out). Thinking about whether I should do TWD.. haven't watched any yet. 9 seasons of shows might be too much

Yeah, I've seen all of the movies for HHN but always like to watch them closer to the event. As for AHS, I've only seen the first two seasons and an episode or 3 of the third. Oy.

And yes, Mr. EPCOT, no news on the Mega house yet.

Reactions: Mr. EPCOT and Joel
I'm down with 3D houses, I just don't think they're scary whatsoever. Alice had barely any gore or any real startle moments. Such a shame because it looked great. That and if you have a 3D house every year it becomes less special. It was cool and interesting to have one in 25 because of a year long hiatus. That and I don't think chance fits one very well. Idk I guess we'll see

Technically, no. But there is only one IP house left to announce, and it probably won't be Cobweb (in a tent), or the requel (sharing half a sound stage).
So.. AHS?

This makes a lot of sense for what someone (maybe @Alexshow ?) suggested how there would be multiple scenes from multiple seasons, instead of focusing on just one.

So.. AHS?

This makes a lot of sense for what someone (maybe @Alexshow ?) suggested how there would be multiple scenes from multiple seasons, instead of focusing on just one.

That seems to be the general consensus, kind of a "greatest hits" house with each season getting it's due.

We're just waiting on the final IP announce to get 100% confirmation.

Reactions: Joel
When it comes to "Shall Not Be Named", AHS does fit the bill in multiple ways.

- With it being a megahouse, the various settings and characters in the multiple seasons can easily fill that.

- SeventyOne's initial reaction to it is "Wonder why they keep bothering?". That indicates this is something HHN has tried getting before but couldn't. They've tried to get AHS before, but ran into some creative differences with the showrunners. So for it to go through would be a big surprise. (Now you could say Scream fits that bill, however I don't think it fits as well as AHS in providing enough material for a megahouse. Also, it doesn't fit with the "Seven Wonders" hint, which AHS can with the Coven season.)

- With AHS still being ongoing, every year in HHN discussion people have been wondering/speculating if they'll do it. However due to the creative differences when the event attempted to, people have usually shot it down immediately. We felt it just wasn't going to happen for a regular house because chances are the showrunner wanted content from the show that HHN just wasn't going to feature, (Which probably led to the creative differences which caused it to be dropped.) and unless the showrunner budged, the only way this could happen is if AHS was a extreme house. An' when it comes to extreme houses, that's always been a can of worms in itself. It's been brought up, shot down, rinse, repeat til you're sick and tired of it.

AHS was on it's way to being on the level of "The Extreme House" and "Eddie's going to be the icon for this year!". Chances are it's not happening, we all know the answer and are tired of saying it...so it's best not bringing it up a la' Voldemort aka "He who Shall Not Be Named.".

That's my personal guess on it.
I want to go ahead and go back to give Tobias the official props for this post.

I want to go ahead and go back to give Tobias the official props for this post.

Thanks Legacy, I'm admittedly proud of this since this is the first time I figured a house out with little clues.

In order to properly connect AHS with "Shall Not Be Named", you had to have been on/watched the HHN Vault to get the connection. Since every year there was always someone or multiple people asking "Will there be a extreme house?" or "Eddie will finally be a icon this year!", and every year they had to be shot down for one obvious reason or another. It was to the point where you wished they wern't explicitly said like Voldermort aka "He Who Shall Not Be Named." AHS was going down that path, so the connection instantly clicked for me.

What is an extreme house?
Usually refers to an "upcharge" house or a house specifically set aside to be very different in a way that makes it scarier than most houses. Like going in alone, being touched, lights being out, etc etc. Though they've been heavily rumored to do one for years (and have supposedly had a few planned that got cut), there's never been onen

Usually refers to an "upcharge" house or a house specifically set aside to be very different in a way that makes it scarier than most houses. Like going in alone, being touched, lights being out, etc etc. Though they've been heavily rumored to do one for years (and have supposedly had a few planned that got cut), there's never been onen

Sounds pretty extreme to me.

All I'm gonna say is thank god AHS is all but confirmed. Watching hotel right now and it really sucks, if I went through this entire season and there was no house I would run up to Aiello and scream in his face lol

Wasn't it only the first five with the emphasis on 1, 4, and 5?

Don't remember, to be honest. Watched a season and a half before bailing, may have miscounted what they're on in my head. But everything, with more of an emphasis on early stuff was the gist.

ETA: if it's not obvious from my earlier comments, not a fan of the IP, excitement for house at around TWD levels.

Last edited:
Don't remember, to be honest. Watched a season and a half before bailing, may have miscounted what they're on in my head. But everything, with more of an emphasis on early stuff was the gist.

ETA: if it's not obvious from my earlier comments, not a fan of the IP, excitement for house at around TWD levels.

It could turn out to be extremely well done.