Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think if it's King, the master of horror, we will see more than one of his properties. Is it possible we could get both The Shining & IT. I think I could get behind a lineup like

AHS Roanoke
The Shining
IT
Leatherface
The Conjuring
Saw
Chucky
Original
Original

Assuming no icon would mean no icon house, leaving only 2 original and no TWD .... seriously please no TWD

I think if it's King, the master of horror, we will see more than one of his properties. Is it possible we could get both The Shining & IT. I think I could get behind a lineup like

AHS Roanoke
The Shining
IT
Leatherface
The Conjuring
Saw
Chucky
Original
Original

Assuming no icon would mean no icon house, leaving only 2 original and no TWD .... seriously please no TWD

The main reason people see The Shining as more of a possibility than IT is nobody quite knows the contracts that were in place when the movies were made. What is known is that The Shining was very early in King's career, so theoretically he could have signed a contract that would allow the studio more control over the property. If so, Universal could work with the studio to get a house made without ever having to ask King's permission. It is well known that King did not like Kubrick's adaptation of his material so he became very protective of his works. Given that IT was made into a movie about ten years later, when King was a hot ticket, it is theorized that he maintained more control over this work than he did over The Shining. If true, IT would have a hard time becoming a haunt as King is apparently against his works becoming haunted houses.

From a personal standpoint, we have Jack already, so screw Pennywise.

Another personal opinion, why would we want Leatherface when we had TCM last year?

Also, we have been told that the coasts might be sharing less this year, so I imagine there will be three (possibly four) shared properties. If that is the case, and the Hollywood list is true, I imagine AHS, The Shining (our throwback house), and The Conjuring (because marketing would definitely want this). If we get four, I would love Ash vs. Evil Dead, but something tells me marketing might nix that one for something more popular.

AHS Roanoke
The Shining
IT
Leatherface
The Conjuring
Saw
Chucky
Original
Original

If I were to say anything,
  • American Horror Story (Roanoke, Asylum, Coven) (Shared) (confirmed for Orlando)
  • The Shining (shared)
  • The Conjuring (Shared)
  • The Saw Franchise (Shared)
  • Insidious (Shared)
  • Original House (Icon, and I have heard of one from a source)
  • Original House
  • Original House
  • Upcharge House

Upcharge house? Is that like the VR thing or straight up just charging extra for one house?

If I were to say anything,
  • American Horror Story (Roanoke, Asylum, Coven) (Shared) (confirmed for Orlando)
  • The Shining (shared)
  • The Conjuring (Shared)
  • The Saw Franchise (Shared)
  • Insidious (Shared)
  • Original House (Icon, and I have heard of one from a source)
  • Original House
  • Original House
  • Upcharge House

will there be 9 and a VR or 8 with a VR?

I do not see that happening, personally. At the very least they'd be making a big mistake, especially if the upcharge house is as bad as the last one.

They don't waste the money on VR like what they did if they had no intention to not do anything else with the technology after that.

There is a crowd for it, and that I would expect it to return as it does bring a way to get people away from the event and to add an additional share of revenue for the event. You may not like it, but there will be other individuals that will say otherwise.

Plus, it won't be like that you have to do it. It will be priced accordingly for those who want to add an additional experience to their night(s) at the event.

They don't waste the money on VR like what they did if they had no intention to not do anything else with the technology after that.

There is a crowd for it, and that I would expect it to return as it does bring a way to get people away from the event and to add an additional share of revenue for the event. You may not like it, but there will be other individuals that will say otherwise.

Plus, it won't be like that you have to do it. It will be priced accordingly for those who want to add an additional experience to their night(s) at the event.

But if it's replacing a real house, you're paying more for less with the base expense. It doesn't become an "additional experience", it becomes an upcharged replacement of something you got last year for the price of admission.

Also, did ANYONE think Repository was good last year? I can't think of a single positive review.

And considering what the VR experience was like last year, they can't have spent all that much on it.:poop:

But if it's replacing a real house, you're paying more for less with the base expense. It doesn't become an "additional experience", it becomes an upcharged replacement of something you got last year for the price of admission.

Also, did ANYONE think Repository was good last year? I can't think of a single positive review.

And considering what the VR experience was like last year, they can't have spent all that much on it.:poop:

Although, to be fair; who said it could be replacing a house? Last year, while it did take a little bit of space, it was able to be in the same soundstage that was used with American Horror Story; and that it was small enough for it to not be as much of a problem.

In terms of reviews, I have thought in the past that there were positive reviews on twitter; although I am not entirely sure of that.

And, another thing; who say's it will be the exact same as it was last year? Odd's are, they are going to retune and refine the parts that were lacking, to further enhance the experience and to improve on the faults that they had.

I believe at one point @hatetofly said something along the lines of, "They are testing this here for something else" which, at the time, made me think that this technology was not intended for HHN, but they were using The Repository as a testing ground for an actual attraction/experience that would be available to regular daytime guests.

There's a chance logistics may force them to, if KidZone bites the dust.

Not exactly.

If the Parade Building stays, which is unknown; they could theoretically relocate the queue entrance usually for that nearby Horror Make Up, and to then disperse them out at the backstage gate of Springfield. And then, for the tent maze queue entrance that is in KZ, they can simply move it to the backstage gate.

Pretty much, like this.

L4tllub.jpg

4fcade30-6c5b-4aab-88b8-3a448bc02de7

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'm still pretty impressed we got an announcement this early even though this was a shoe in this year. Can only imagine what's to come now we that we got the obvious one out of the way