Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My guess for a blum-mega-house
-Halloween
-Insidious 4
-Get Out (only one or two rooms)
- Happy Death Day
- Either paranormal activity or ouji if its possible

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel
My guess for a blum-mega-house
-Halloween
-Insidious 4
-Get Out (only one or two rooms)
- Happy Death Day
- Either paranormal activity or ouji if the its possible

Blum probably won’t get the mega house treatment this year, but who knows. Insidious 4 came to the event this year so they won’t repeat it, and Get Out most likely won’t come because, according to John Murdy, it just doesn’t translate to a house. As for Paranormal Activity and Ouija, the rights are all over the place and Ouija was pulled this year due to rights issues so it’s up to them on whether they do it or not. Hopefully PA and Ouija can come into Volume 2, but a mega house doesn’t seem very likely.

Blum probably won’t get the mega house treatment this year, but who knows. Insidious 4 came to the event this year so they won’t repeat it, and Get Out most likely won’t come because, according to John Murdy, it just doesn’t translate to a house. As for Paranormal Activity and Ouija, the rights are all over the place and Ouija was pulled this year due to rights issues so it’s up to them on whether they do it or not. Hopefully PA and Ouija can come into Volume 2, but a mega house doesn’t seem very likely.

I forget who it was ( I want to say Legacy) who described a room or two that would work well in a mashup house for get out. It involved guests walking between the TV and a scareactor in the chair staring at it. The scareactor in the chair would provide a distraction as another scareactor (the brother) came out from behind a door or from a boo hole. The second room would take guests into the surgery room where the surgery would be being performed. The father would jump at guests with the scalpel. While I agree that the movie as a whole does not translate well to a house, I believe that these two scenes lend themselves greatly to be part of a mashup.

The megahouse has traditionally gone to the "It" property of the year. I can't see Blumhouse being that.
I can if Insidious 4 and Halloween are big box office hits (though I don't necessarily think this is likely, it is possible).

The new Halloween doesn;t come out until after the event starts.
Oh okay, didn't realize this. There are still many films in 2018 being produced by Blumhouse. granted, none of them will have the same pull as Halloween and Insidious (bar maybe Purge 4)

In this case: the house can do for Halloween what it did this year for Insidious, acting as a "living trailer"

I don't anticipate Halloween sharing a house... Michael Myers would probably be able to support his own house and wouldn't be in a mashup (IMHO)

Also I have a "STRANGE" feeling that Netflix won't let a Stranger Things house happen. I just have a feeling they will be extra stingy.

Oh okay, didn't realize this. There are still many films in 2018 being produced by Blumhouse. granted, none of them will have the same pull as Halloween and Insidious (bar maybe Purge 4)

In this case: the house can do for Halloween what it did this year for Insidious, acting as a "living trailer"

Don't get me wrong, I think Blumhouse comes back next year, I just don't see it as a megahouse

I don't anticipate Halloween sharing a house... Michael Myers would probably be able to support his own house and wouldn't be in a mashup (IMHO).

Eh. I just think he's played out. Myers was at 2 events in the last 3 years. I don't see them wasting a whole house on him when they can push a slew of their movies. I think Halloween ends up being the biggest part of Blumhouse next year, but I don't think it gets its own house.

Also I have a "STRANGE" feeling that Netflix won't let a Stranger Things house happen. I just have a feeling they will be extra stingy.

It was just at a Six Flags in Mexico. I'm willing to bet it won't be an issue.

So if Blumhouse Volume 2 does come, would it potentially be like this years and have 2 hallways and rooms for 2 properties, and an emphasis on the third? If they did The Visit or Split, Happy Death Day, and Halloween this would work well but it might benefit to be in a SS or larger venue.
Insidious was never supposed to be as long as it ended up being. Ouija was going to be very close in length, but once they lost that, parts of Ouija turned into Insidious.

I can see It being saved for 2019 after the sequel releases.

This year was my first year attending since 2011, what's the "mega house" you guys are referencing? A really long house?

I can see It being saved for 2019 after the sequel releases.

This year was my first year attending since 2011, what's the "mega house" you guys are referencing? A really long house?
Basically. AHS has been it the last two years and you could tell it was much longer than the others.

Reactions: csmith5599
Blumhouse was a fiasco this year that (from my understanding) wasn't something A&D was jonesing for. While it could come back, I'd wager they're more interested in IP houses with a singular focus than another IP compilation house.

But who knows? They may decide before they finalize houses it'd be worth it because of the response.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
I just had a thought.

Do you think with all the drama surrounding the Weinsteins and The Weinstein Company that the company will be desperate to salvage what they can from their library and be less stingy and a Scream house could happen? I'm pretty sure the top level people are all getting shuffled. Also the MTV show they were originally trying to promote is pretty much barely limping along at this point.

Reactions: Brian G. and JMalez
Blumhouse was a fiasco this year that (from my understanding) wasn't something A&D was jonesing for. While it could come back, I'd wager they're more interested in IP houses with a singular focus than another IP compilation house.

But who knows? They may decide before they finalize houses it'd be worth it because of the response.

Yeah, A&D just wanted to do another Insidious house.

Under the "merged park" scenario, would there be two entrances? I know they didn't have that in 2004 but given that the sprung tents will still be used, I don't think people would bother to go over to Islands just for one house in the Carnage warehouse, or would enjoy entering in Islands if everything else was relatively far away.

Under the "merged park" scenario, would there be two entrances? I know they didn't have that in 2004 but given that the sprung tents will still be used, I don't think people would bother to go over to Islands just for one house in the Carnage warehouse, or would enjoy entering in Islands if everything else was relatively far away.

I'd wager since the USF entrance is essentially "the middle" - they would use that still, and guests would decide to go left or right; but this is pure speculation on my part.