Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 611 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
True. I think that, if anything, Sid’s death might have pushed the cast into embracing their roles even more than they already had/inspired less callouts.

In other news, does anybody want to talk about how Gozer got scareactor of the year for Ghostbusters ? To be fair, I don’t know of any one role that could be definitively called the BEST performed in the house, as so many of the roles seem like minimal-effort roles, but I wouldn’t have guessed that Gozer stood out as a great member of the cast. A good attitude backstage might be why, especially with how strict the ASMs were with Ghostbusters.

There’s no such thing as scare actor of the year?

in this era of PC

:rolleyes:

Far more likely you guys are blowing the supposed “PC culture” complaint out of proportion.

no, thats what im saying, there were barely any complaints online which is kinda shocking. i dont think anyone made a big fuss, no blogs or twitter posts complaining,
remember that hollywood had to get rid of their go go dancers before,

no, thats what im saying, there were barely any complaints online which is kinda shocking. i dont think anyone made a big fuss, no blogs or twitter posts complaining,
remember that hollywood had to get rid of their go go dancers before,
Hollywood got rid of their dancers because they got a new exec that didn’t like them.
On Instagram, I saw a post of the scareactor of the year trophy for Ghostbusters, so yes I do believe it is a thing.
Each house recognizes a scareactor of the year (and scareactors of the week). It’s chosen by the house manager.

During the wrap party, performers can vote for a scareactor of a year, and that’s strictly a popularity contest.

Hollywood got rid of their dancers because they got a new exec that didn’t like them.

Each house recognizes a scareactor of the year (and scareactors of the week). It’s chosen by the house manager.

During the wrap party, performers can vote for a scareactor of a year, and that’s strictly a popularity contest.

Yes I was double checking there was no park wide scare actor of the year, should have clarified.

Like, don’t worry what Blake, Patrick, or Mike thinks and validating what you like. Enjoy the event and be happy with what you love.

i never heard of a trophy before

i never heard of a trophy before
They get them. The scareactor of the year for Catacombs got a massive sculpted skull.

Again, these accolades aren’t advertised because they don’t actually matter. They’re internal and personal. I ADORE my little Scareactor of the Week trophy from Catacombs, but it’s not something that most performers make a huge deal about.

EDIT - I’ll post a picture of it a bit later.

They get them. The scareactor of the year for Catacombs got a massive sculpted skull.

Again, these accolades aren’t advertised because they don’t actually matter. They’re internal and personal. I ADORE my little Scareactor of the Week trophy from Catacombs, but it’s not something that most performers make a huge deal about.

EDIT - I’ll post a picture of it a bit later.

that sounds pretty neat, i never knew

Reactions: Darko
On the topic of Ghostbusters, as I much as I loved it I’m kind of relieved it wasn’t the runaway hit of the year. In the beginning it was amazing but it got really repetitive the more you did it(much like Orlando’s Us maze) which was the complete opposite of a house like Nightingales or Corpses where it was pretty consistent.

Also, Us is probably one of the few instances where Hollywood’s adaption completely killed Orlando’s. I was so weirded out by that

On the topic of Ghostbusters, as I much as I loved it I’m kind of relieved it wasn’t the runaway hit of the year. In the beginning it was amazing but it got really repetitive the more you did it(much like Orlando’s Us maze) which was the complete opposite of a house like Nightingales or Corpses where it was pretty consistent.

Also, Us is probably one of the few instances where Hollywood’s adaption completely killed Orlando’s. I was so weirded out by that

What did the Hollywood Us do better??

Reactions: Darko
True. I think that, if anything, Sid’s death might have pushed the cast into embracing their roles even more than they already had/inspired less callouts.

In other news, does anybody want to talk about how Gozer got scareactor of the year for Ghostbusters ? To be fair, I don’t know of any one role that could be definitively called the BEST performed in the house, as so many of the roles seem like minimal-effort roles, but I wouldn’t have guessed that Gozer stood out as a great member of the cast. A good attitude backstage might be why, especially with how strict the ASMs were with Ghostbusters.

I’m not sure where this misinformation comes from but it was a slimer.

As a side note for those questioning: Scareactor / performer of the year is also an unadvertised, internal award. There is one for each house and street. Any trophy is made/ given by that house or streets management so they vary.

I’m not sure where this misinformation comes from but it was a slimer.

As a side note for those questioning: Scareactor / performer of the year is also an unadvertised, internal award. There is one for each house and street. Any trophy is made/ given by that house or streets management so they vary.
Yeah, got clarification after I wrote that! Gozer won a superlative, not SotY. Slimer is still interesting, though!

Since I promised.
Kxe96KB.png