Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Speaking of constraints, do we see F&F queue as a future house location?
It would be nice to get some use out of the area

I get a distinct feeling, at-least for now..that people should not expect to see them use Drupercharged for Queue. Not because that it may be unsafe when you factor in queue, but more..shall we say, the people in the producers chairs of the franchise.

Speaking of constraints, do we see F&F queue as a future house location?
By virtue of necessity and availability, I kinda expect it.
Wasn’t it a Chupacabra/Mayan house that was supposed to go into SS44 that year? Also I will never understand how in the world JAWS fit houses in there; especially Saws n Steam, SAW, & Orfanage.
The rumor is that it had a Mayan theme. I think Tomb of the Ancients may have been a spiritual successor to the idea.

No soundstage has actually held three houses at once. There closest we've gotten to it was in the 90s when they designed a triple-run house (a house with three unique paths) for soundstage 22. It would be extremely difficult to fit three actual houses in a soundstage with the way houses are designed now. Facades are so big, one, and two, the entry/exit locations are locked in place.

So... here is a general mock-up of how Carnival Graveyard and Scary Tales fit in their soundstage. The actual houses aren't drawn out, and it's not officially to scale, but it gives a good idea of how "big" the houses are. The orange line is the dividing curtain. The house walls are right up against it for most of the houses. Also, houses don't go right against the soundstage walls. There's a 3-5 foot buffer for emergency exits.

No soundstage has actually held three houses at once. There closest we've gotten to it was in the 90s when they designed a triple-run house (a house with three unique paths) for soundstage 22. It would be extremely difficult to fit three actual houses in a soundstage with the way houses are designed now. Facades are so big, one, and two, the entry/exit locations are locked in place.

So... here is a general mock-up of how Carnival Graveyard and Scary Tales fit in their soundstage. The actual houses aren't drawn out, and it's not officially to scare, but it gives a good idea. Also, houses don't go right against the soundstage walls. There's a 3-5 foot buffer for emergency exits.

Thank you! I wasn't sure if it'd be possible to fit three in one SS. Looks like it's not!

BRING ON THE TENTS!

Honestly, I think a good idea if they want to add a venue next to Supercharged..is to add a tent in-between the area of Supercharged and Mummy.

It'd bring a little more activity to that side of the park, and wouldn't be limited to the area of Soundstage 33 and Fallon's Extended Queue.

I get so confused with all the queues being so close together.

Few things to keep in mind with the soundstages that are usually available:
  • SS22 is the smallest soundstage, so it will most likely be limited to one regular sized house. It has been known to hold two houses, or split-houses, in the past, but recent years have shown a trend of one large house taking up all available space.
  • SS20 and SS24 are roughly the same size and can both hold two houses.
Soundstages being used:
  • SS23 is currently in use by Universal. There are no current plans to get rid of the tenants, as they are working on some important stuff. However, it does not mean it can't be done (should it come down to it). SS23 is approx the same size as SS20 and SS24, meaning two houses could fit in there.
  • SS25 is used by DAVE School, with about half of that soundstage available for use. So only one house can ever go in 25 so long as the space is being rented out by DAVE. It is roughly the same size as SS20, SS23-24.
  • SS19 is mostly going to be on reserve for UPRG, because of the technical specifications of that soundstage and how the lighting grid is set up on the inside. Having said that, it is around the same size as SS20, SS23-25, meaning two houses could be built there (AHS and Repository).
  • SS21 is the largest soundstage on property and could hold three houses, though I doubt it will ever climb past two. It isn't "home" to anything yet, but I have a feeling Grinch won't be leaving anytime soon. In recent years it has served as the hub in that area for Stage Management and costuming, as well as the actor's break space.
I hope that leaves you with some good information and wasn't too confusing.

I was floored when I saw it. As grand as big facades are, they feel like empty space to me.

Huh. I know tight walkways are pretty common in the houses, so I never even thought about just how much stuff was crammed in ST4 versus, say, the slightly wider Stranger Things or Carnival Graveyard.

TBF - The steamboat was positioned at a smart angle so it wasn't as intrusive to the available space as Scary Tales. It took up about half the space (maybe two-thirds) that the Witch's castle does.

That's cool! 27 and 28 are the only years I've gone - Dead Waters was unbelievable to walk in and see that. ST4 was cool, but it was the witch that made it stand out, and they could have probably done that on a smaller scale. Oh well!

Wonder if we’ll see a Horrors of Blumhouse 3.0 for 29 or if they’ll retire the maze series. On the Hollywood thread we were speculating a HoB 3 ft Us and HDD, but if Orlando gets Silver Screams 2 I could see that house being a mix of classic properties and Blumhouse properties

Reactions: truejonas
Wonder if we’ll see a Horrors of Blumhouse 3.0 for 29 or if they’ll retire the maze series. On the Hollywood thread we were speculating a HoB 3 ft Us and HDD, but if Orlando gets Silver Screams 2 I could see that house being a mix of classic properties and Blumhouse properties
Blumhouse has no incentive to allow their properties to be lumped in with other properties when there is precedent for them to get their own house.