Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Since everyone is saying what first drew them to HHN for my friends and I it was Cabin in the Woods... If it weren't for that house I still might have never actually made it to HHN, but this year will mark our fifth trek!

I had been the year before but couldn't attend the "cabin in the woods" year and was devastated. How was it?

And I know I will get shot down in flames for this but based on the audition details is there any hope that the changed house is this and not "US?"

I had been the year before but couldn't attend the "cabin in the woods" year and was devastated. How was it?

And I know I will get shot down in flames for this but based on the audition details is there any hope that the changed house is this and not "US?"

*Shoots you down in flames*

The Scream copyright is...erm...messy. And based on what happened in 2015, there's no way A&D (or potentially Marketing for that matter after the mess that happened) wants to work with Scream right now.

EDIT: And considering what the whole debacle in 2015 was about, A&D would definitely not do this before at least doing the original first.

The Scream copyright is...erm...messy. And based on what happened in 2015, there's no way A&D (or potentially Marketing for that matter after the mess that happened) wants to work with Scream right now.

EDIT: And considering what the whole debacle in 2015 was about, A&D would definitely not do this before at least doing the original first.

Plus, that show was not well reviewed anywhere from what I've seen.

The rights issues are potentially getting easier to work with, but they're still a long shot for the foreseeable future.

Messy is an understatement. Am sure at this point it would be easier to just do a "Fun World" mask house.

I haven't watched the new series. The film series is one of my favourites (the less said about 3 the better) and the first two seasons of the show were fun in places but I haven't heard much positivity about Scream Resurrection.

At least I got to see the Casey Becker tree scene even if it was in purge house.

I watched the above posted Scream series on VH1. It was aired as a three night miniseries with little fanfare. I mean I thought it was a fun diversion, but I believe it filmed a few years ago and took forever to get to the screen because of all the legal complications and it finally did on VH1 for three nights in the middle of summer. I think that was a one off and probably nobody wants to keep the Scream name associated to it so I would be shocked to see anything related to this entry ever again. It was nice to have ghostface and the classic voice back though.

SO while Warner Bros isn't doing a Halloween event this year which gave hope for HHN properties, they are doing another IT experience this year:
The IT Experience Chapter Two | The Derry Canal Days Festival and Fun House

Maybe that should go into the WB Horror Made Here thread?

WB obviously knows they got IP that is great for these types of events but they don't seem to know how to do it sustainable and profitable way.

If only there was another company that runs these events, maybe even on both side of the country, that could use their IP and do it justice...
Nah.

Maybe that should go into the WB Horror Made Here thread?

WB obviously knows they got IP that is great for these types of events but they don't seem to know how to do it sustainable and profitable way.

If only there was another company that runs these events, maybe even on both side of the country, that could use their IP and do it justice...
Nah.
This event basically ends when HHN begins so it could have been a win for both sides to use it. Oh well

This event basically ends when HHN begins so it could have been a win for both sides to use it. Oh well

WB is putting themselves in a place where they definitely want to "compete" with Horror Nights. At least on the west coast. You don't pull out your big IP's in IT, Conjuring, Arkham Asylum and say you're just running a roadshow.

Now...with what happened to the backlot this year, we'll see how much longer that lasts, but I imagine they don't wanna just give up.

And that shall restrict the east coast as well unfortunately, just to keep on slight topic.

WB is putting themselves in a place where they definitely want to "compete" with Horror Nights. At least on the west coast. You don't pull out your big IP's in IT, Conjuring, Arkham Asylum and say you're just running a roadshow.

Now...with what happened to the backlot this year, we'll see how much longer that lasts, but I imagine they don't wanna just give up.

And that shall restrict the east coast as well unfortunately, just to keep on slight topic.

The announcement that WB put out there is essentially corporate speak for HORROR MADE HERE IS DONE. I would be willing to bet a butter beer it won't be back.

So, how is the projection technology gonna look for Stay-Puft? I mean if he is a projection instead of a puppet, I'm curious how y'all think it'll look and exactly how it'll look? Stupid question I know.

Last edited:
So, how is the projection technology gonna look for Stay-Puff? I mean if he is a projection instead of a puppet, I'm curious how y'all think it'll look and exactly how it'll look? Stupid question I know.

This should probably be in the GB house thread, but I'm thinking they might do a rear projection into a giant Stay Puft (Puft, not Puff) head. That way it'll still by physical, but have the ability to emote so it's not a giant static puppet.

It's
So, how is the projection technology gonna look for Stay-Puff? I mean if he is a projection instead of a puppet, I'm curious how y'all think it'll look and exactly how it'll look? Stupid question I know.
not stupid, that little detail has had me thinking all the possibilities of Stay Puft. Is the head going to be physical but the face projected, or a giant projection during the Gozer battle?

Yeah I always get the spelling wrong. Haven't seen the movie in like 12 years or so.

So basically like what Disney does with Frozen Ever After and it's animatronics?

I like us, but how guaranteed is it that it will be at this year's event? I just don’t know how that will be translated to the house and as for the scare zones that are rumored, some don’t make sense, so how confirmed are these things? Also, there is rumored to be another show??

I don’t think it’ll be anything too crazy. Maybe a scaled down version projected looming over a facade of a building. I could see us being in a building and seeing him out of a window with his face being projected on a screen. I think this will be the only aspect that people might overhype because it’s just such a tough character to include but he has to be there.

I like us, but how guaranteed is it that it will be at this year's event? I just don’t know how that will be translated to the house and as for the scare zones that are rumored, some don’t make sense, so how confirmed are these things? Also, there is rumored to be another show??
Like I always say nothing is 100% unless Universal says so them self’s but the rumors as of now are very likely. It’s all on the HNN spec. Map which is always 99% right by now and insiders like @Legacy says they’re coming and Legacy have proven himself to usually be right. There is a chance that we could have something wrong but that’s unlikely seeing how we are less then 40 days from HHN.