Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Put together a mediocre representation of Jason's IPs while acting like a god.

Do you follow Murdy on Twitter? Dude's egotistical AF.

So glad someone else sees this. I've always disliked the guy.

Rarely mentions the rest of his team, or even gives them credit. You'd swear John pitched, wrote, designed, built, and acted in every maze. With little to no help.

And then the incessant name dropping! Yeah, my kid had a birthday today, oh yeah, and Alice Cooper sent her a gift.
Oh my kid was just singing a GnR song, so guess who we just called? Slash. He's gonna send her a gift.

He is such a classic case of wanna be rock star, failed, so became your classic starf*cker/jock sniffer.

I have no doubt the only reason he did the This Is The End maze was to hang with Seth and Jonah.

Not saying the guy doesn't have talent, but damn, he comes across like a total egotistical jerk.

Ha!

You kidding? You're assuming Jason needs Universal.

Murdy has a history of burning bridges.

I respect Murdy for what he's done to help bring HHN back to California and the impact HHN Hollywood's had on me personally.. and I've never had a bad encounter with him personally, he's always been so nice to me and the other fans.. but yeah, he can kinda come across as arrogant sometimes.. he's essentially the HHN equivalent of Eddie Trunk..

I respect Murdy for what he's done to help bring HHN back to California and the impact HHN Hollywood's had on me personally.. and I've never had a bad encounter with him personally, he's always been so nice to me and the other fans.. but yeah, he can kinda come across as arrogant sometimes.. he's essentially the HHN equivalent of Eddie Trunk..
And, hell, he literally designs the black walls into the designs of his haunts and dares IP owners to blink if they have an issue with them. So... Yeah. Some creators have issues with him.

And, hell, he literally designs the black walls into the designs of his haunts and dares IP owners to blink if they have an issue with them. So... Yeah. Some creators have issues with him.

Funny enough, before reading this, I had assumed Jason's issues with Murdy stemmed from the fact that Murdy chose to do two separate Blumhouse IP mazes last year and thus, leaving his studio and his IPs as a target for ridicule by angry HHN fans as it was so when those mazes were announced..

Probably the First Purge. Easily the most forgettable maze of last year aside from the Throat Slit scene and was like 60% black walls

It's odd too, cause our Blumhouse 2 last year was oddly brilliant given the bizarre choice of IPs. Guess I just hope this particular fence can be mended, cuz I like the idea of Horrors of Blumhouse and hope it can come back in the future.

I'm curious: is that why we're not getting the Purge this year?

It's odd too, cause our Blumhouse 2 last year was oddly brilliant given the bizarre choice of IPs. Guess I just hope this particular fence can be mended, cuz I like the idea of Horrors of Blumhouse and hope it can come back in the future.

I'm curious: is that why we're not getting the Purge this year?
Probably Universal realized how tired we are of The Purge.
Or maybe Universal realized that they've done enough Purge.

And sometimes they never come back.

Can i ask your opinion?
What are reasons that older houses dont come back? Even if they were ready to be made?
I know one obvious reason could be that things move on and that new ips come into play

But do they have any other reasons for leaving originals behind?

They've doubled down on trolling their fan base, it's horrendous.

It's called having a bit of fun. If you take it that seriously, that's on you.

How do they troll people?