Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

The laser roof makes the fog look like digital video game clouds to me. I'm obsessed with this zone.

It makes me think of The TRON sequel combined with Ready Player one lol.

Oh man the way you described it.... I'm prob going to fall in love with that zone.

The only issue is how small it feels. Its kinda tiny. A little smaller than previous zones. But it feels more alive and it feels more detailed than previous zones.

Reminds me a lot of Esqueleto Muerte from 2010.

Hey y’all! I’m back in Orlando for the weekend. Flew in late tonight but managed to hit Graveyard, Nightengales, then Depths of Fear. Didn’t get great runs, but I did get a good few scares, Nightengales is definitely my favorite so far.

Going to be at the front of Finnegan’s S&S tomorrow given how many huge IPs are at the front of the park, and I wanted to check in and see how it’s set up this year. Does it start around 4 to the right of the Transformers entrance like last year? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Going to be at the front of Finnegan’s S&S tomorrow given how many huge IPs are at the front of the park, and I wanted to check in and see how it’s set up this year. Does it start around 4 to the right of the Transformers entrance like last year? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I went into more detail on my experience last night over in this thread, but I got in the park at 4:50, got in the pen right at 5, and was one of the first 30 people in the house when they opened it at 5:50. I really don't think you need to get there super early to get a good spot. Everyone just stands where the shade is lol. There are plenty of gaps to fill in up front.

As for the location, I want to say the entrance was by the Starbucks and Ben & Jerrys, but I could be mistaken. It's not hard to find at all though. It's barricaded so that you can only go certain directions anyhow.

EDIT: Found a picture to back up my memory. It is by the Starbucks:

I went into more detail on my experience last night over in this thread, but I got in the park at 4:50, got in the pen right at 5, and was one of the first 30 people in the house when they opened it at 5:50. I really don't think you need to get there super early to get a good spot. Everyone just stands where the shade is lol. There are plenty of gaps to fill in up front.

As for the location, I want to say the entrance was by the Starbucks and Ben & Jerrys, but I could be mistaken. It's not hard to find at all though. It's barricaded so that you can only go certain directions anyhow.

EDIT: Found a picture to back up my memory. It is by the Starbucks:

Thanks so much! You said you waited for ghostbusters S&S, is it a better idea to wait for that one or Stranger Things? I would figure Stranger Things will have the longest wait times again this year, and that I should be in that pen instead of Ghostbusters.

Thanks so much! You said you waited for ghostbusters S&S, is it a better idea to wait for that one or Stranger Things? I would figure Stranger Things will have the longest wait times again this year, and that I should be in that pen instead of Ghostbusters.

I personally went with Ghostbusters simply because I figured both would be crazy line-wise and the reviews from TM preview had me intrigued. Stranger Things more consistently held the longest line last night though (when I was in the park at least), so I'd probably have to recommend that. Ghostbusters hovered around 60-90 minutes for most of the night while Stranger Things was frequently 90-120 minutes.

I went last night and I’m going again tonight! Got 11 house walkthroughs with doing every house at least 1 and Monsters 2.
HHN 29 rankings

Houses:

1) Depths
2) Nightingales
3) Graveyard Games
4) Monsters
5) Yeti
6) Killer Klowns
7) Ghostbusters
8) Us
9) House of a 1000 Courpses
10) Stranger Things

SZs:

1)Aranch-cade
2) Vanity Ball
3) Vikings
4) Rob Zombie
5) Zombieland
Of course this was the first night so my list might change later down the road of the event.
HHN 29 rankings

Houses:

1) Depths- AMAZING!! The Creatures looks amazing. I put it low on my list since Legacy said mostly infected miners which was wrong.
2) Nightingales- Amazing!! The facade was just awesome with a Nightingale outside of it in the front. The Nightingales changed and looked awesome. The house was dark which I like.
3) Graveyard Games- Was a creepy house. No facade outside which is a bummer but inside you walked though the graveyard gates which is awesome. Felt like Seeds, Dead Exposer(from last year), and Poltrogiest.
4) Monsters- Loved this house! The Key art and projections at the front where awesome. The facade inside was short but sweet. It did have rain effects in the facade room which I love. The rooms portrayed the monsters perfectly.
5) Yeti- Was cold but not super cold. I did get wet in some rooms and so did my friend. Had a callback to Swamp Yeti at the end.
6) Killer Klowns- Best house in Shrek. Scary at times but also fun at times. Fun to walkthough with an amazing puppet room. Portrayed the movie well.
7) Ghostbusters- Fun to walkthrough but not scary. Portrayed the movie well.
8) Us- What I expected. Cool sets but not really scary. Facade was awesome.
9) House of a 1000 Corpuses- Best house in the MIB tent. Facade was amazing. I didn’t like the movie so that might be why I put this so low.
10) Stranger Things- Lack of scaries and when’s they where there were not good. Felt like an all year round attraction disappointing.

SZs:

1)Aranch-cade- Amazing Zone! Best zone in that area. The Laser roof was cool. The outfits in this zone was awesome. Felt like you where in a game room.
2) Vanity Ball- A fun zone. Was cool that a runway was in the middle of the road and the people on this zone looked great. The music in this zone was awesome. Felt like a party.
3) Vikings- Was cool but not what I expected. Felt like any other CP zone.
4) Rob Zombie- Had cool sets but I do not like his music, which might be why it’s low. It was a good zone for the SF area.
5) Zombieland- Had cool sets but I didn’t see any of the characters. I might have just Walk though it at a bad time but it was disappointing.

So is this the first time in the event, that the Hotel entrance is operational for HHN? Because apparently, HRH is saying that.

No, there has been an onsite hotel entrance in previous years. Although it wasn't the BMG entrance, interesting that they changed which side you enter this year.

I kinda liked last year better, I just felt disappointed with some of the houses this year. Last year was just a beast and basically every house had everything I needed.

RIP. Damn last year was my friends first time and I was telling him how this year is going to be even better, lol. Oh well. We will still have a good time.

I think it's waaaaaay too early to tell for sure. Last year was definitely stacked. I think based off of one night, this a very solid year. Some fantastic houses, some underwhelming houses. Etc. I still think the event is missing a big show ala B&T to really round it off, but the fountain show seems like a nice addition even though I didn't sit down for it yet.

Last edited: