Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Oh man the FB page is ugly right now. :lol:

EDIT: People complaining about lack of scariness. I do think they upped the gore from last year.

SECOND EDIT @Tobias: No, I'm talking about Orlando.

I think they're talking about Hollywood's FB page. To which I'll add it might be best taking that discussion to HW's discussion page since we're getting another mixup.

Blink once if they were complaining about Ghostbusters, twice if it was about Us.

Twitter is the same too. People talking about the lack of scares.
Some girls mentioned the zones not being scary at all.
Can comfirm to have seen it.

To be fair, the zones this year are fun. Not meant to be scary.
The only scary zone is the vikings.
The zones are not only not scary but they are becoming hang out spots. The surgery zone has a long big crowd of people just hanging out in it.
Rob zombie zone feels like an actual concert party. I think people see the zones and complain
But the houses are just as scary as always. Nothing has changed. Same scares as always.
I think people are leaving the park thinking about the zones and judge their experience based on that

Twitter is the same too. People talking about the lack of scares.
Some girls mentioned the zones not being scary at all.
Can comfirm to have seen it.

TIL: People STILL go to HHN expecting a horrifying experience. HHN’s houses are FUN. The event is FUN. There are scares but they’re not the kind of houses that leave you disturbed or gasping for air, that’s not what the event is going for.

I hear these same complaints almost every year. Never understood them really because this is not some extreme house event. It's meant to be a enjoyable experience for everyone. I remember I used to see a couple of little old ladies with walkers going to it every season around 13 years back.

The zones are not only not scary but they are becoming hang out spots. The surgery zone has a long big crowd of people just hanging out in it.
Rob zombie zone feels like an actual concert party. I think people see the zones and complain
But the houses are just as scary as always. Nothing has changed. Same scares as always.
I think people are leaving the park thinking about the zones and judge their experience based on that

They almost need to rename them from scare zones to street zones or something a little more generic so people don’t get all huffy if it’s not scary but fun. I usually find them to be a bit of both (fun with some jump or surprise scares).

What's up with the drop tower in zombieland? I assumed the drop tower would be lit up with carnival ride lighting, but so far it seems like it's just lit up with spotlights pointing towards it?

Also - what do they plan on projecting on the projection screen above the Waylons' shop?

People complain because the scare zones used to be scary. Back when they were much closer quarters than the current ones with much lower crowds.

Hell, Sting Alley is one of the scariest areas in the park, but they don’t use it for houses or scare zones anymore because there’s simply too many people.

While it’s annoying that so many complain, you can really say they’re argument is invalid when it comes to something scare zones.

What's up with the drop tower in zombieland? I assumed the drop tower would be lit up with carnival ride lighting, but so far it seems like it's just lit up with spotlights pointing towards it?

Also - what do they plan on projecting on the projection screen above the Waylons' shop?

Not sure about the first part but from the he videos I’ve seen, they project the rules.

So you are telling me that in a year where profanity in houses has been off the roof, tons of dummies with guts spilling all over the place and two attractions based off Rob Zombie is deemed soft is not enough for these people?? psssh, people these days.
Ironically Im still worried for the rob zombie zone. The girls on the stages are really going all out on the dancing (which will offend) and the girls walking around are too vulnerable. And because of their outfits i can see jerks bothering them. I wanna be hopeful that nothing happens, but i think the zone will be modified eventually .

Any word if any of the houses are using a slanted floor like Seeds last year?

Wife got a fright just stepping on that last year and in Dead Waters previously for that matter :lol: So great laugh for me!

Not sure if anyone answered this, but
No, unless it's used in ST. I got in all the houses except ST and it wasn't in any of them.

So you are telling me that in a year where profanity in houses has been off the roof, tons of dummies with guts spilling all over the place and two attractions based off Rob Zombie is deemed soft is not enough for these people?? psssh, people these days.

It really does feel like they have upped the gore and general "disturbing imagery" this year. You are also right about the profanity, between house of 1000 corpses and ghostbusters there is quite a bit of it. I honestly just hope it doesn't get complained away.

Overall I really didn't feel like this year was toned down at all. If anything i feel like in some of the houses, the aggressiveness was turned up a notch. I had a lot of scares from things and scareactors getting in my face way more than I expected them too.

I also feel like there was a lot of water effects used in houses this year. There were a ton of rooms that had those rubber mats on the floors.

The exact same thing that happened to trick r treat when it was made into a house...
Happened to killer klowns, but much worse lol.

Honestly, I have no idea why people pay so much attention to twitter views. Twitter users, in just about all aspects, political, social,cultural, theme parks etc. are essentially composed of the fringes of society and lots and lots of trolls. The views expressed on twitter are certainly not representative of the general population......

Last edited:
Bit of a random question. Any specific reason why the
spinning tunnel
has been nonexistent since 2016? This is the longest we've ever gone without it showing up in a house. Is it gone for good? Just waiting for the right time to return?

Been the case for a pretty long time, it seems.

Bit of a random question. Any specific reason why the
spinning tunnel
has been nonexistent since 2016? This is the longest we've ever gone without it showing up in a house. Is it gone for good? Just waiting for the right time to return?
Maybe because they reserve the tunnel of stomach distress for 3d houses and they haven't done one since then?

Ironically Im still worried for the rob zombie zone. The girls on the stages are really going all out on the dancing (which will offend) and the girls walking around are too vulnerable. And because of their outfits i can see jerks bothering them. I wanna be hopeful that nothing happens, but i think the zone will be modified eventually .

We're just two years removed from there being strippers in FotD. So hopefully not.