Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

There were reports last night that they made changes to the Express merge point at Graveyard Games, but the tweets weren't exactly clear about how the changes have impacted the line there. As it was originally set up, the merge point was very early on in the line and Express wasn't as helpful for this house as it is for others.

Did anyone experience this last night?

There were reports last night that they made changes to the Express merge point at Graveyard Games, but the tweets weren't exactly clear about how the changes have impacted the line there. As it was originally set up, the merge point was very early on in the line and Express wasn't as helpful for this house as it is for others.

Did anyone experience this last night?
I can't speak on that, but last week I definitely felt that the merge was SUPER early. It felt like we were barely halfway through the line when we merged.

Attended HHN last week for 2 nights. Had Express for the first time - will never go without it again. Words cannot describe how great it is.

I really enjoyed this year, there really isn't a bad house. Also, in my very humble personal opinion, Marathon of Mayhem is the greatest thing I've experienced at HHN.

That's awesome man! Yep Express is the way to go! Man I cannot wait to go this year! I'm going to be there for 2 weeks for the first time so I can really take my time with things while there.

We want to grab a bit to eat at Simpsons during the stay and scream time, before they open back up. But logistically we want to be close to the Killer Klowns house. Correct me if I'm wrong, but once we're in the Simpson's holding area, we're there for the duration- no way we can get over to the Hello Kitty pen, which is closer to Killer Klowns, right?

We want to grab a bit to eat at Simpsons during the stay and scream time, before they open back up. But logistically we want to be close to the Killer Klowns house. Correct me if I'm wrong, but once we're in the Simpson's holding area, we're there for the duration- no way we can get over to the Hello Kitty pen, which is closer to Killer Klowns, right?

I think you may be better off staying in Simpsons, as it will allow you to get to four houses right off the bat, then hit Klowns directly after. Klowns has been traditionally a fairly low line all night.

That is correct, but once they open the pen around 5:45 you are free to do as you like.. I think... I have been kind of paying attention and Killer Klownz doesn't seem to open until 6-6:15 though, so you have plenty of time to do Depths of Fear or House of 1K corpses and then head over to KK.

Today Cafe is the new Hollywood S&S location so if you want to do Klowns first and eat that’s a great option.

It's been done twice already. I can see Hollywood doing it, though.
You're close Brian. You see, we never got the original ever in the event (if you don't count that one room in Silver Screams), and since The Thing: Assimilation was a fan favorite house back in 17, they might have a Thing haunt for 30 next year.

Semantics, dude; especially to the GP. They've done the property.

Playing Devil's advocate...

If we're just talking that the GP that can't tell the difference between the remake and the original; then, I don't think the fact that they already did a version of the property over a decade ago would matter to them. They probably wouldn't even know. So, it's all new to them, and something to get excited about.

Playing Devil's advocate...

If we're just talking that the GP that can't tell the difference between the remake and the original; then, I don't think the fact that they already did a version of the property over a decade ago would matter to them. They probably wouldn't even know. So, it's all new to them, and something to get excited about.

The discussion was in response to "properties that haven't been done". The Thing has been done. Could they do it again? Yes. Will they? That's a separate discussion.

The discussion was in response to "properties that haven't been done". The Thing has been done. Could they do it again? Yes. Will they? That's a separate discussion.

The point was, they've never given the original the full house treatment. Which is true. But, you're argument was that it's "all the same" to the GP.

I'm just saying that if it's all the same, they probably aren't even aware that it was ever done.

The point was, they've never given the original the full house treatment. Which is true. But, you're argument was that it's "all the same" to the GP.

I'm just saying that if it's all the same, they probably aren't even aware that it was ever done.
I would also posit that if it was done over ten years ago, the GP probably DOESN'T know it was done before. Jim Cornette's seven year rule of wrestling fans applies here I think

OK? But that's not the discussion (Hence the "Could they do it again? Yes. Will they? That's a separate discussion." comment....) It stems from the talking point of HHN backing themselves into a corner milking viable IP's, and eventually "What's left that hasn't been done?"

Has the Thing been done?

Yes.

That's it.

My point was that the GP isn't going to get hung up on the technicality that they haven't given the original a proper house.