Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think anything can be a scary house if done right. I just think consensus in the old-timer HHN community is that Cold Blind Terror one of if not the worst from an otherwise solid year, which kinds of make it Everest, just begging to be climbed. Solid ideas, btw, could definitely work.

Patient Zero was just alright for me, with some clever ideas. It's nowhere near the same league as the original Dead Exposure, which is still one of my top 10 houses. If anything the sequel suffered for having to live up to the name.

Why as was, they may have been wiser using the Catacombs name.

28 was my first house and Dead Exposure is the only house I’ve been through only one time. I was worried about my friends who get sick from excessive strobes and that kind of took away from the experience however I do think the subway scene was incredible! Definitely did not feel like a budget house

Patient Zero was just alright for me, with some clever ideas. It's nowhere near the same league as the original Dead Exposure, which is still one of my top 10 houses. If anything the sequel suffered for having to live up to the name.
Ah, good to know. The camera flash and accompanying sound still haunt me to this day. Then again, 18 and 15 are probably my favorite years (along with 25) so I'm a bit biased :lol:

Ah, good to know. The camera flash and accompanying sound still haunt me to this day. Then again, 18 and 15 are probably my favorite years (along with 25) so I'm a bit biased :lol:

Yeah, I feel like if you're going to do a house titled Dead Exposure you should probably have a camera flash sound. Consequently, if it had been a Catacombs sequel the blindness effect would've fit perfectly.

Realistically speaking more then likely do we think it’s to late for them to consider doing a house on Freaky? It’s a great modern day slasher that could make a pretty fun house

Not really wishing for it was just asking if universal would still view it as relevant or not since it released when HHN would of been over last year

Not really wishing for it was just asking if universal would still view it as relevant or not since it released when HHN would of been over last year

If they had felt that way, it likely would’ve been included last year. There aren’t enough iconic locations or characters to fill a full maze - only way I could see it included in the future is if they found a way to make the conceit read in another Blumhouse of Horrors.

Any other year, yes. It would still be somewhat relevant because it would been within the last 12 months of October 2021. This year? Doubtful. The movie was a glorified VOD. As such, it never garnered enough cultural momentum to matter later.

I think if a movie is successful enough it can come to the event whenever. Ex: Krampus came out 2015 came to HHN 26, all the Blumhouse movies in particular Insidious never seems out of style, Happy Death Day 2017 came in HHN 28. Although unsuccessful movies like Dracula Untold are very time sensitive.

I think if a movie is successful enough it can come to the event whenever. Ex: Krampus came out 2015 came to HHN 26, all the Blumhouse movies in particular Insidious never seems out of style, Happy Death Day 2017 came in HHN 28. Although unsuccessful movies like Dracula Untold are very time sensitive.
Krampus was inside the 12 month window, and was partially used to get access to Trick R Treat. The Blumhouse movies are typically inside the 12 month window as well (and that’s tied to franchise less than specific film). Dracula Untold was a unique case because it was a Universal picture made to feature concurrently with the film’s release.

Might not be the best forum to post in but what software does the creative team use to create houses? If there is a better software to use all recommendations are welcomed:)

If they had felt that way, it likely would’ve been included last year. There aren’t enough iconic locations or characters to fill a full maze - only way I could see it included in the future is if they found a way to make the conceit read in another Blumhouse of Horrors.
Freaky released a good two weeks after HHN would have ended.

On the Dead Exposure talk - I never experienced the first one. Patient Zero was cool enough, but I definitely felt it was overrated. For me at least.

39 pages in just over a month. Caught up a lot earlier then last year. Not a lot of new information... Iron Maiden is not getting a house or zone... ever... Billie is the only house in the landfill, but we would have LOVED it and hated that we did. 2021 is still a mess, but with most houses just getting that dusty aesthetic, A&D will be tasked to make tweaks to make the return to horror SOLID! An IP will be replaced, BMG theater could open up a spot for a new house location for this year, TMs are chilling in Shrek Theater 2... Did I miss anything? The fog is coming and I can't wait to see everyone in it!

39 pages in just over a month. Caught up a lot earlier then last year. Not a lot of new information... Iron Maiden is not getting a house or zone... ever... Billie is the only house in the landfill, but we would have LOVED it and hated that we did. 2021 is still a mess, but with most houses just getting that dusty aesthetic, A&D will be tasked to make tweaks to make the return to horror SOLID! An IP will be replaced, BMG theater could open up a spot for a new house location for this year, TMs are chilling in Shrek Theater 2... Did I miss anything? The fog is coming and I can't wait to see everyone in it!
Tooth fairy and Brides are allegedly up in the air a bit due to repairs being needed. Unlikely to be replaced, though, just some TLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.