Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Merchandise | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Merchandise

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
so sick of lil boo tbh. It was nice to have him last year but by November of last year I was sick of him. It’s fine he’s one the one pice or a couple but Hopefully that’s it and they don’t stick him on everything.

Last edited:
It's great that HHN caters to its superfans that would instantly recognize "characters" like Lil' Boo, but the derpy pumpkin does nothing for the regular guest and just wastes the space for a newer, possibly cooler, merch design.

Genuine question for everyone opposed to Lil Boo having a single piece of merch: Why?

He's not our icon or shoehorned into any story. We have a large overarching storyline this year that runs from the houses all the way down to the scarezones. We have lore out the ass. We have an actual icon. We have some interesting Boris Shuster activity afoot. We have individual merch for basically every IP, we have other original designs, we have an inevitable house shirt to come still, etc.

The pumpkins have always played a cute little role in the event from the previously long-running Central Park scarezone to facades like Scary Tales. What's wrong with making a single one of those dozens of pumpkins recognizable as a little character for the fans?

It's great that HHN caters to its superfans that would instantly recognize "characters" like Lil' Boo, but the derpy pumpkin does nothing for the regular guest and just wastes the space for a newer, possibly cooler, merch design.
I mean, we can see the other merch design there. Personally, it’s the least appealing merch aesthetic I’ve seen in 16 years of attendance - simultaneously generic and trying too hard, with none of the wit the event often shows. HHN has had pretty good merch designs - I loved last years retro aesthetic, the 80s take of 28 and 29, much of the key art of the classic years. Especially in a year with an overarching theme that lends itself to a particular look (dust bowl circus), this is weak.

So I’m fine with some Boo stuff.

Genuine question for everyone opposed to Lil Boo having a single piece of merch: Why?

He's not our icon or shoehorned into any story. We have a large overarching storyline this year that runs from the houses all the way down to the scarezones. We have lore out the ass. We have an actual icon. We have some interesting Boris Shuster activity afoot. We have individual merch for basically every IP, we have other original designs, we have an inevitable house shirt to come still, etc.

The pumpkins have always played a cute little role in the event from the previously long-running Central Park scarezone to facades like Scary Tales. What's wrong with making a single one of those dozens of pumpkins recognizable as a little character for the fans?
I like the design on this recent new Lil' Boo merch, but if you don't like one single character represented on one piece of merch, you don't have to buy it.

I'm not a huge fan of all the merch they have dropped this year so far, but there is at least a nice variety.

Not as much as just on pice of merchandise but hopes that’s the extent of it. Don’t want him on everything again.

Not as much as just on pice of merchandise but hopes that’s the extent of it. Don’t want him on everything again.
I get that, but we already have a good chunk of merch out there and none of it includes him other than this one thing, so clearly that's not happening. We may get tossed a few more things, but we already have See You In The Fog merch, TLoU merch, Stranger Things merch, Exorcist merch, Chucky merch, the ouija board/triangle/fortune teller looking design for merch, etc. We already know for a fact that there's plenty of other merch options.

Cause I'm a hater
Marvel Studios GIF by Disney+

I’d be more concerned with the white t-shirt trend than having Lil’ Boo on one backpack.
Honestly the white shirts are kinda refreshing in the Florida sun. But when it rains buckets? Maybe not smart. lol

Good news is it looks like I won't be spending any money on merch this year, which means more snacks and junk food I guess.

Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1
I admire the honesty. Haha.

Also, I would also say that merch has never been the event’s strongest suit. Any “good” year of merch was the exception.
I stand by my opinion that the only good merch was the Slaughter Sinema poster shirts. Everything else has barely met "passable"

On the white shirt topic while I appreciate them I understand that I'm a white cis dude and don't have to worry about skin or undergarments showing through which is a big concern for others

Reactions: Jake S