Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 230 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, no potential cold house with GB:FE then.

Though I'm fine with that news, since Insidious is an IP I'm excited for as Ghost Houses usually get me pretty good.
If it makes you feel any better, while not all of Yeti 29 was necessarily cold, there were many moments where a fan was blasting cool air onto a scene of the house, so I can definitely see the same happening with Frozen Empire.

AQP is a farm designed for large puppets, so that would HAVE to turn into an original.
PUPPETS. Finally, some smoke to the fire of how they plan on working with the AQP monsters! Of all the outcomes, puppets seemed like the option with the highest expense to Universal but greatest result in terms of IP accuracy and spectacle potential. Very happy that this is potentially going the Chupacabra route of having a few designated puppet scares instead of throwing lanky performers in shrunk-down monster suits.

PUPPETS. Finally, some smoke to the fire of how they plan on working with the AQP monsters! Of all the outcomes, puppets seemed like the option with the highest expense to Universal but greatest result in terms of IP accuracy and spectacle potential. Very happy that this is potentially going the Chupacabra route of having a few designated puppet scares instead of throwing lanky performers in shrunk-down monster suits.
Very much hoping this doesn't fall into the trap of Chupa where it was less actual Chupa and more butcher/cultists, but I have hope!

Reactions: LPCaptainDeath
Man, the placement of IPs and originals this year is… not what I would have chosen.

The interesting houses will be the ones with the absurd walks. Heck…

If by some miracle we do get Weeknd...

#TEAMSTELLAFORTHEWIN!
I seriously do not think this will happen. Mainly because the Weeknd/his XO label have been in some controversy. If you have paid attention to the whole Drake beef going on with Kendrick Lamar, as well as with the Weeknd, Drake's security guard was shot outside of his mansion, and everyone is in agreement that the Weeknd's team is the one behind the shooting. I do not think it would be Uni's best move to bring a guy rooted in that type of controversy to the event. Just because you love their music, does not mean they are good people who deserve glorification!

Last edited:
Interesting.. I don't know quite how Insidious would fit in a SS. It seems absolutely tailor-made for a tent
Having it in a soundstage could help the further feel like it is more in the movies in which it is really just open space. In a tent it would just feel like a hallway. Could make the further scenes feel more cinematic and eerie IMO.

Last edited:
Insidious isn’t built at all because they’re still building the tents.
So outside of legacy stating that Insidious is now in a SS, we are basically in June and the Universal teams are yet to start building in the new tents?
Yikes, seems a little tight on the schedule. Makes you wonder why they waited so long to get the tents process going. In this day and age nothing is easy or fast anymore.
I have full faith the design team will knock it out the park with detailing and sets, but this late of a start doesn't help, and makes you wonder if they've had to revise builds slightly to meet schedule.
Time will tell!

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Having it in a soundstage could help the further feel like it is more in the movies in which it is really just open space. In a tent it would just feel like a hallway. Could make the further scenes feel more cinematic and eerie IMO.
I mean I wouldn’t say that. In HHN 25 it was in a tent and was a great house.

So outside of legacy stating that Insidious is now in a SS, we are basically in June and the Universal teams are yet to start building in the new tents?
Yikes, seems a little tight on the schedule. Makes you wonder why they waited so long to get the tents process going. In this day and age nothing is easy or fast anymore.
I have full faith the design team will knock it out the park with detailing and sets, but this late of a start doesn't help, and makes you wonder if they've had to revise builds slightly to meet schedule.
Time will tell!
@Legacy has stated that they are building everything elsewhere and will piece it in the tent later, just like they used to do with the Shrek venue.

Time will tell!
I have a hunch they’re pre-building like Shrek. That venue didn’t have the extra to build walls/frames inside, so those elements were built elsewhere and installed. It allows painting/decor to start much sooner.

I never went through that house, and I'm not denying it was great either! I'm just saying it gives them an opportunity to build on the further and make the experience even better!
I wouldn’t say that since it’s in a SS the experience would be better. I’m happy it’s in a sound stage though, just wouldn’t expect it being in one means anything.

So we've completely dismissed the possibility that a second show has been re-added to a theoretical map 3.0? Easiest thing to keep hidden, and something the even truly needs.
We do but there’s no place to really put it. AA is the only place unless they use the lagoon again, which last I heard is still out of the question for HHN.

So we've completely dismissed the possibility that a second show has been re-added to a theoretical map 3.0? Easiest thing to keep hidden, and something the even truly needs.
This is a big hope of mine as well. Fingers crossed the lagoon has become available.

I personally think the AQP Death Angels are quite cool. They have the stance of a gorilla combined with the legs of some kind of horse, and their faces unfolding is creepy as hell. I wasn’t that excited for this house though, until I found out the monsters will be puppets. This could be amazing!

Attachments

• IMG_1037.jpeg
    IMG_1037.jpeg
    510 KB · Views: 42
Last edited: