Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 226 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So like. If we stay quiet and don’t scream will the scare actors leave us alone.
This question is better suited for the News & Information thread I think? I'm not really sure if we have a FAQ thread in HHN general.

However, to answer your question now: Absolutely not. Scareactors target anybody and everybody, and honestly I think those who are trying to be quiet and left alone paint themselves as bigger targets. Take it from someone who was 11 at their first HHN and literally got *chased* by scareactors: They do not show mercy to anyone (and we love that!).

• Haha
Reactions: PumpkinHead66
This question is better suited for the News & Information thread I think? I'm not really sure if we have a FAQ thread in HHN general.

However, to answer your question now: Absolutely not. Scareactors target anybody and everybody, and honestly I think those who are trying to be quiet and left alone paint themselves as bigger targets. Take it from someone who was 11 at their first HHN and literally got *chased* by scareactors: They do not show mercy to anyone (and we love that!).
I’m referencing the Quiet place house. Don’t the aliens only attack when you make noise ?

I’m referencing the Quiet place house. Don’t the aliens only attack when you make noise ?
Ah, my mistake, and almost certainly not. The same was asked about the Clickers in TLoU, and we know how that turned out.

The point was made in the Discord: While the house may be based on A Quiet Place, it's still a haunted house where we're being attacked by the aliens. Now, I would say it's pretty likely that the house will have a scene(s) that play around with silence (as seen in the Clicker hallway from TLoU or Graveyard Games' ending), but I think for the most part we are going to be fully attacked by the aliens, too late to try and be quiet.

On that note though, wouldn't be surprised if ambience/noise-wise, the house is actually relatively quiet compared to the others, except for the actual scares. And of course, the loud noise from a scare trigger is a massive part of what actually gets guests, so it works perfectly here!

I prefer that over the new one, if only because the set will be too reminiscent of The Last of Us. IF the Ghostbusters house includes Frozen Empire, that would be 2 NYC sets

A couple things bout' that.

1. TLoU was the Pittsburgh segment, so it wasn't even NYC.
2. If GB is Frozen Empire, that's gonna' be a very frozen over NYC, which TLoU never was.
3. GB 1+2 and Frozen Empire all take place in NYC. Why would the very frozen over NYC sets of Frozen Empire be "too reminiscent" of TLoU and not the first two films which would be a normal NYC set?

Last edited:
I could imagine a lot of the scare triggers would have a misdirecting sound leading up to them (like a crack of a branch or leaves on the ground) that would motivate the scare. That’s how I would do it, anyway. Like you hear rustling to your left that grabs your attention, then a scare from your right.
This house could be very cool

Reactions: bdubsCEO
Honestly opening weeknd (haha) isn't that bad. I went last year for the first time and besides the awful rain it wasn't the worst
Ive never been for opening weekend. It seems destined for huge crowds and drenching rain every year. Maybe that Sept 1 weekend is some kind of sweet spot weather wise for wet florida weather. Id still like the atmosphere I think.

I prefer that over the new one, if only because the set will be too reminiscent of The Last of Us. IF the Ghostbusters house includes Frozen Empire, that would be 2 NYC sets

2. If GB is Frozen Empire, that's gonna' be a very frozen over NYC, which TLoU never was.
3. GB 1+2 and Frozen Empire all take place in NYC. Why would the very frozen over NYC sets of Frozen Empire be "too reminiscent" of TLoU and not the first two films which would be a normal NYC set?
I think ColbyTurkey was referring to A Quiet Place: Day One. That if we had Day One and Frozen Empire, there would be two sets based in NYC. Now, I understand your point that they’d be different NYC sets, but still NYC sets nonetheless.

Reactions: ColbyTurkey

Seriously? Post-apocalyptic cities are all the same, that's why. You would be happy with 10 houses all set on city streets? And no offense to Universal creative, but who can even tell what "city" we are walking through without heavy signage?

I'm still really curious on how the original A Quiet Place would even work, let alone work well. Day One at least has the excuse that people don't know to be quiet just yet and it takes place in a major city. I guess we'll see.

A Quiet Place is not the most exciting IP in the world for me personally, but it'd be hard to argue that it isn't a really big seller in the horror market. The first movie was a huge hit and the second was a really massive success despite releasing in an incredibly messy post-Pandemic 2021 theatrical window. We'll see how Day One does financially, but people tend to flock to the property. I see why they're going down this route, even if I'm kinda thrown off by how exactly they plan to work around the monster size and "sound" gimmick issues.

I'm still really curious on how the original A Quiet Place would even work, let alone work well. Day One at least has the excuse that people don't know to be quiet just yet and it takes place in a major city. I guess we'll see.

A Quiet Place is not the most exciting IP in the world for me personally, but it'd be hard to argue that it isn't a really big seller in the horror market. The first movie was a huge hit and the second was a really massive success despite releasing in an incredibly messy post-Pandemic 2021 theatrical window. We'll see how Day One does financially, but people tend to flock to the property. I see why they're going down this route, even if I'm kinda thrown off by how exactly they plan to work around the monster size and "sound" gimmick issues.
Ah, my mistake, and almost certainly not. The same was asked about the Clickers in TLoU, and we know how that turned out.

The point was made in the Discord: While the house may be based on A Quiet Place, it's still a haunted house where we're being attacked by the aliens. Now, I would say it's pretty likely that the house will have a scene(s) that play around with silence (as seen in the Clicker hallway from TLoU or Graveyard Games' ending), but I think for the most part we are going to be fully attacked by the aliens, too late to try and be quiet.

On that note though, wouldn't be surprised if ambience/noise-wise, the house is actually relatively quiet compared to the others, except for the actual scares. And of course, the loud noise from a scare trigger is a massive part of what actually gets guests, so it works perfectly here!

Having a quiet place feels like descendants of destruction-the last of us the third lol. I feel like we have had that type of house back to back and I’m so curious to see how they are going to pull it off.

Reactions: ColbyTurkey
I think ColbyTurkey was referring to A Quiet Place: Day One. That if we had Day One and Frozen Empire, there would be two sets based in NYC. Now, I understand your point that they’d be different NYC sets, but still NYC sets nonetheless.

Seriously? Post-apocalyptic cities are all the same, that's why. You would be happy with 10 houses all set on city streets? And no offense to Universal creative, but who can even tell what "city" we are walking through without heavy signage?

So first off, I apologize for initially misreading what houses were being talked about. I thought it was Ghostbusters, when it was A Quiet Place, that was my bad.

I think your complaint is more due to if there's two houses set in NYC/cities, personally it's not a complaint for me as A Quiet Place and Ghostbusters are presenting very different things of sound-based aliens and a ton of paranormal insanity, but I get it if that's irksome to you.

But when it comes to a set feeling too reminiscent of TLoU because it's post-apocalyptic, that angle falls apart pretty quick since A Quiet Place: Day One is not post-apocalyptic, it's the start of the apocalypse. It's a city under invasion, not enough time has passed for it to reach the dilapidated/earth-reclaiming-the-land state which folks can associate with a post-apocalyptic setting. If a house was made of Day One, people just wouldn't be associating it with TLoU by the sets.

Adding to my reasoning that this is all more due to two houses being set in NYC/cities and not the post-apocalyptic angle, is you're fine with A Quiet Place being the first film. (Which is what it's most likely going to be.) Now unlike Day One, the first film is very much post-apocalyptic with everything dilapidated, overgrown and whatnot. But it's in a different location with a combo of a small town and farm. Even though the first film is very much in a post-apocalyptic setting that TLoU uses, it's a different setting than a city, and that's why you're fine with it.

Reactions: HHN Yeti Lover

Uh oh.

For those who can't see what it's replying to (including myself lol, had to get this from a mutual), it's HoH saying that there's been a change regarding the next speculation map, and HNN potentially implying they've heard the same.

And after that lil oopsie on Instagram regarding a certain ghostly bunch... Oh boy.

Uh oh.

For those who can't see what it's replying to (including myself lol, had to get this from a mutual), it's HoH saying that there's been a change regarding the next speculation map, and HNN potentially implying they've heard the same.

And after that lil oopsie on Instagram regarding a certain ghostly bunch... Oh boy.

A late addition of a house based on a certain talking dog and his mystery solving group of human companions perhaps???