Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm going to take a sab and guess at the scarezones / haunted houses based on the characters:

Con Artist #13 - Mels
Queen Of Hearts - Hollywood
UPDATE: Chainsaw #1, Cast A - Hollywood (source: modelmayhem)
UPDATE: Dead Cheerleader - Hollywood
UPDATE: Siren #7 - Shrek Street
UPDATE: Mary Shaw - Cast B - Hollywood
UPDATE: Stilts - Hollywood
UPDATE: Willow Hut #4 - Kidzone
UPDATE: Siren #6 - Shrek Street
UPDATE: Chainsaw #3 - Hollywood
UPDATE: Mummified Corpse - Tent 1
UPDATE: Chainsaw - New York
UPDATE: Doc - Tent 1
UPDATE: Bed Clothes - Jaws
UPDATE: Pumpkinhead - Hollywood
UPDATE: Chucky - Hollywood
UPDATE: Valedictorian- Jaws
UPDATE: Body #2 - Parade Building (Building 79)
UPDATE: Body #6 - Parade Building
UPDATE: Chance - Hollywood

With alot of characters being roled to work in Hollywood, Horrorwood and the Chainsaw team might be back in Hollywood there same places from last year.....

Now the mummy corpses. The mummy maze from HHN 9?

Sirens? Police, Army, what???? Maybe an apocalipse scarezone......

Bodys - Well Body Collectors?

CHANCE!?! If this is true then you know who is back....

Thats my thoughts...comments?

Last edited:
With alot of characters being roled to work in Hollywood, Horrorwood and the Chainsaw team might be back in Hollywood there same places from last year.....

Now the mummy corpses. The mummy maze from HHN 9?

Sirens? Police, Army, what???? Maybe an apocalipse scarezone......

Bodys - Well Body Collectors?

CHANCE!?! If this is true then you know who is back....

Hollywood is all but confirmed to be a tribute to the past events.

The Mummy has had a house at more than one HHN event but I do agree that it seems like thats what it will be.

Sirens are seductive female creatures in Greek mythology. From what we've heard, I'm almost positive that's what they will be at the event.

The bodys reminded me of Body Collectors as well. As for Chance returning, it makes sense and I would be shocked if Jack wasn't at the event this year.

Two more scareactor roles, from HHNRumors:

Pitchfork #2 -Tent 2
Bed Victim #5 - Tent 2

OK. Is it me or after those scareactors revile, the Second Tent might be holding a Military themed / aossiated haunted house (like The Thing Haunted House from HHN 17 or CREATURES!).

I mean, with those new scareactor reveles and that HHNRumers confirmed that the six scene in that tent is "Military Storage", its very likely....Thoughts?

Last edited:
"Military Storage" sounds very Thing like. I hope to god they would bring it back in some form. Since that is my favorite horror movie and it would be my first HHN.

"Military Storage" sounds very Thing like. I hope to god they would bring it back in some form. Since that is my favorite horror movie and it would be my first HHN.
The original incarnation of the house was great, it's honestly a house I'd love to see come back. That was the year that they really figured out what houses worked in which locations.

But with the other roles there it sounds more like "The Crazies".

C_D i think u could be right. "the Crazies" fits in with military theme. The movie is based around the military coming into the town that was infected by some weird disease. And there is a scene in the movie involving a pitchfork and there are bed victums in the movie. (I dont want to spoil the movie for anyone so im not going to go into detail) But it also does sound like the Thing so i could be either or. But if they make a Crazies house it would be insane. I thought that movie was so disturbing.

Last edited:
I like the idea of a house being similar to the idea of The Crazies. (I thought the actual movie was pure mediocracy.)

But would that count as the zombie themed attraction for the year? Each year generally has either a scarezone or a house that is zombie-related.

I know this might not happen, but would it be a good idea put a big scarezone in front of MIB and the Fear Factor Stage?

--- Update ---

I like the idea of a house being similar to the idea of The Crazies. (I thought the actual movie was pure mediocracy.)

But would that count as the zombie themed attraction for the year? Each year generally has either a scarezone or a house that is zombie-related.

Maybe, but Universal would have to get permission to use that theme....

Last edited:
I know this might not happen, but would it be a good idea put a big scarezone in front of MIB and the Fear Factor Stage?

It's already chaotic over there with the Jaws house and Bill and Ted in the Fear Factor stage. With crowds exiting both constantly, it's already a nightmare navigating that area.

I'd hate to see them put a scarezone in that area except for maybe some type of roaming horde that appears there occasionally similar to the old roaming Chainsaws.

It's already chaotic over there with the Jaws house and Bill and Ted in the Fear Factor stage. With crowds exiting both constantly, it's already a nightmare navigating that area.

I'd hate to see them put a scarezone in that area except for maybe some type of roaming horde that appears there occasionally similar to the old roaming Chainsaws.

That would most likely be the only thing that they can put back there. A roaming big scarezone with a little themeing (maybe).....

The roaming chainsaws had tons of issues with bottle necking. Yea it was really cool, kinda eliminated safe zones in it's own right but caused traffic issues.

I couldn't help but post this (From Horror Night Nightmares.com [Link] Post #85) They seam to have found more posiable Haunted Houses scenes before us. Note: all my comments are in the ():

1/2 of SS23:
Scene 5 - Medusa/Gorgon
Scene 7 - Army of Hades

(Mythology confirmed? Backs the Siren's that where hired)

Parade Building:
Scene 1 - Vortex
Scene 9 - Rat Lady Corridor
"Bodies"

(Changes my thoughts to something more circus related. JACK???)

Sprung Tent 1:
Scene 9 - Museum Hallway
Mummified Corpse
"Doc"

(Horror in Wax return? Or the Mummy House from HHN 9?)

Sprung Tent 2:
- Facade
Scene 3 - Observation Deck
Scene 6 - Military Storage
"Pitchfork", Bed Victims

(I still back the Area 51 and Crazies idea on this one)

Thoughts?

Last edited:
From what I have seen that the jaws queue will have sort of like The skool in 2005 but they are all grown up hints the Valedictorian . Also disaster I have no idea whats going on in their .

Rock'NRoller- I was thinking that the Parade building may be some type of Reunion/tribute house to the past 20 years. We already have the famous Rat Lady and "bodies" (Body Collectors?)

Also, new scareactor role:
Nightmare Man #3 - Jaws

Rock'NRoller- I was thinking that the Parade building may be some type of Reunion/tribute house to the past 20 years. We already have the famous Rat Lady and "bodies" (Body Collectors?)

Also, new scareactor role:

I hope that if there is a reunion/ tribute house that its in one of the soundstages, because IMO they tend to be the best houses.

I went back a little in HHNRumor's past and I found this:

Well, this rumor really changes things. A lot of it disproves/confirms past rumors. The source wished to remain anonymous (like most) and in this case, I can clearly see why. Here is the tip:

I'll break it down into details as to what I know for sure:

-8 houses, 8 scarezones.
-They are trying to use larger buildings rather than queues because a lot of blueprints had to be altered last year as effects could not operate in queues (due to space issues, safety issues, and regulatory issues).
-There will not be a parade
-Rocky Horror is back
-Bill & Ted will be in T2:3D and will be a 4D show running more frequently, but in shorter length.
-The houses will be anniversary houses of each icon, meaning that the Director will have parts of his year's houses come back (just as an example).
-They will up the intensity this year, particularly in the streets.
-Streets will be more spaced out than last year, and larger. The entrance, not the ticketing area, will be more immersive.
-The screen will come back near the gates, and the area will be decorated
-This year will not have a new icon, but will be focused on that each icon was living in the nearby area and came together to torture all guests.
-Eddie will not come back, nor will Cindy. Maybe will be in Jack's / Caretaker's house, not sure.
-The two remaining houses (6 icon houses) will be original, and multi-storied.
-Each house will have their own scarezone.
-Queue videos are back.

There you have it, possibly the most informative tip i've received. Kinda kills the 10 houses rumor. 8/8 isnt bad either though. Not sad about the parade, and did they say multi-storied houses!?!? Very exciting stuff.

Edit: Not sure how much of this I buy.... would be a cool event but just kinda fishy.

6 Icon Houses? Hmmm...Using this information (If it is true):

1. I guess so far the 1/2 of SS23 is a new house (The greek Mythology) and it's scarezone....
2. Parade and Sprung Tent 1 I think they might be two of the six icon houses.....

I know there is too many holes in the story and it might not be true, but I guess there is always room for other people to help fill the gaps.

Last edited: