Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think there should be one mega house but more along the lines of 5 Reunion/Returning houses and 5 new houses. That way, we get the classics and we can create new ones all in one event.

I don't think a mega house would have the longest line because the casual fans may recognize the icons but they may not see it as the star house If universal does what they did with Silver Screams. It is more hardcore fans that would make the line long, and they know that the other houses on the list are just as important as the main one.

How dare ye give the cold shoulder to the legend of MegaHouse!

But none of the houses are really that mega, are they? They're usually like 5 to 10 minutes long, right?

Yeah, that is about the length of an average HHN house.

I'm very curious as to what Universal will do for houses this year with all of the current ideas thrown out there. I'm not a fan of the houses for a specific year idea (EX: HHN 18 House, HHN 19 House). I'm undecided on a mega house but feel it would have to been very well planned out for it to work right which is why I feel it should be half and half. If there is a single mega house, what kind of storyline could be developed for so many characters? How would they pull off 20 years of HHN into one house? It all depends on how they plan it out this year.

:lol: I'm wondering more of how they could pull off a mega house. Any specific idea in mind?

Well in my mind they would need Darkness in the house to be the overseer of evil. I see a dilapidated mini-USF arch as the facade with a lot of props from years past. And then, in between each portion of the house, Darkness will appear and kind of tell a corny joke or explain what year you're about to walk into. And at the end, you walk down a WELL LIT pathway like a museum, surrounded by characters from the past as they are behind glass or something trying to get at you. Darkness comes out at the end of the tunnel with a chainsaw minion and you get chased out by the roar of the saw. The end.

House would be really long and by all definitions, MEGA.

Well in my mind they would need Darkness in the house to be the overseer of evil. I see a dilapidated mini-USF arch as the facade with a lot of props from years past. And then, in between each portion of the house, Darkness will appear and kind of tell a corny joke or explain what year you're about to walk into. And at the end, you walk down a WELL LIT pathway like a museum, surrounded by characters from the past as they are behind glass or something trying to get at you. Darkness comes out at the end of the tunnel with a chainsaw minion and you get chased out by the roar of the saw. The end.

I see where you're coming from and actually think you have a decent idea. It almost seems like a larger Silver Screams but instead of movies, it would be previous events. Seems like it would be challenging but possible to pull off.

On another note, I would like to see Universal do some type of shop/museum dedicated to the past twenty years of horror similar to Howl-O-Scream's this past year. They had a lot of merchandise and props from previous years and houses. I would really love to see this happening, especially if it included hoodies.

I would love to see some sort of museum style house... Large, Eerie feelings... Things behind glass... "Exhibits" coming to life... The Past coming to life in the Present... Liking it!

I'm not going againt MEGA HOUSE!!!!!!!!! I'm just saying that it wouldn't be long line nightmare. And the entire master icon thing would go really well because it would be a reason for them all to be together once again.

My biggest hope for this year is that they make the houses almost too scary. Ripped from the Silver Screen seemed to hold back on the major scares and go for the scenery. I hope that this year there will be people not making it to the end of some houses.