Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear | Page 86 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sorry. I'm way behind with HHN this year. Potter has had my undivided attention. In fact, I'm more excited about visiting WWOHP than HHN. :happy:

This might be the only year that that anomoly exists. Because I look forward the WHOLE year to HHN. But I will be severely disappointed if I don't get enough clicks :lol:

I hate to agree with everyone about HHN information not getting out as mush, but then again it keeps us interested and form topics going EX: Horror Night Nightmares (they even still don't know what the event will be like). But all will end (somewhat) in 3 days! :happy:

Last edited:
I'm frustrated as hell. My friends and I are trying to figure out whether to go or not since a lot of them have never been to HHN before, and Universal still hasn't posted a theme or icon or houses or anything, It's less than a month before opening night and they have nothing. Idk wtf they're thinking but it's starting to get on my nerves. I feel like they're getting lazier every year as far as advertisement goes.

Jump on it Universal! Some of us have been waiting for months!

Does anyone think the Parade House will be a remake of Horror Nights Nightmares in 2004? The speculation theme of the sets from years past seems close to it, did anyone go in it in 2004? If so how was it?

No, its a tribute house to the past. Just imagine going on the Backlot Tour at MGM..sorry..Disney's Hollywood Studios, and that prop warehouse you walk through after the water tank show....imagine a haunted version of that with the history of HHN. Its their biggest house ever and it will be awesome.

--- Update ---

LT Update on FB:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/notes/le...f-cell-director-investigation/108726129183502

I hate to agree with everyone about HHN information not getting out as mush, but then again it keeps us interested and form topics going EX: Horror Night Nightmares (they even still don't know what the event will be like). But all will end (somewhat) in 3 days! :happy:

Agreed, the cloud of mystery makes everything even more interesting. Universal keeping a lid on things just makes people want to know more. Just look at the WWoHP, that thing was in the dark so long people on here were having dreams while they slept about what it would be like inside and posting it.

I'm frustrated as hell. My friends and I are trying to figure out whether to go or not since a lot of them have never been to HHN before, and Universal still hasn't posted a theme or icon or houses or anything, It's less than a month before opening night and they have nothing. Idk wtf they're thinking but it's starting to get on my nerves. I feel like they're getting lazier every year as far as advertisement goes.

Jump on it Universal! Some of us have been waiting for months!

Well, this is pretty much the way they've been doing it for the past few years. They release some background information as a tease (this year, it's the history of HHN), and then release the event information in one giant update. And from the video announcement, it looks like they're going to release that information around the same time that they do every year (August 26th, I think it happened on the 27th last year). My advice would be to just plan on going. Even if the overall theme and/or icon aren't your cup of tea, you'll still find something to enjoy about the event. I honestly wasn't a big fan of the Usher, but still had a blast last year. Hope this helps.

Also, I am very impressed with how tight of a lid Universal has kept on HHN information this year. It makes the anticipation hurt more than usual, but the reveal will be that much more exciting!

Yeah I have to say in retrospect, even though I've been dying to know for so long, I'm actually really glad to be going into the reveal without any substantial knowledge of the event. (Well, except that one big spoiler........ but oh well, 90% is going to be a surprise). Kudos Universal for perfecting the art of keeping a tight lid -- especially in this day and age.

Yeah I have to say in retrospect, even though I've been dying to know for so long, I'm actually really glad to be going into the reveal without any substantial knowledge of the event. (Well, except that one big spoiler........ but oh well, 90% is going to be a surprise). Kudos Universal for perfecting the art of keeping a tight lid -- especially in this day and age.

Pretty impressive too considering last year most of it was known real early and even earlier in '08. I think we had all the house names in like April then. It was crazy. I remember everyone thought some were code names, like Interstellar Terror.

other theme parks are going to be going by that code also. things may change a little bit from now on when it comes to these rumors. oh well 2 MORE DAYS!

if they have a house in memory of the past 20 years like everyone has been saying with the same layout/look as the backlot tour in hollywood studios then we already have and idea of how bananas this event is going to be. which house/zone is the biggest?

Could we be dealing with Death, or Fear itself as the Icon/Theme? Here are the past 2 updates from LT's facebook.

The Investigation Team has discovered another marking.

The Reaper's Scythe (Blade of Death) corresponds to similar inscriptions carved onto Babylonian ossuaries. The image of a blade used to decorate Phoenician sarcophagi, Viking coffins and Celtic caskets is a running theme that seems to be an integral part of the symbol emerging here.

C.I.L. enhanced security video/audio surveillance files (backup archive) produced conclusive evidence that my predecessor was working on information provided by an unidentified credible source (assumed to be a Universal employee).

Analysis by C.I.L. technicians and COLLECTIVE operatives produced an arrangement of photographs that conform to a specific pattern(s).

The pattern itself, a result of deterioration evident on high definition photos, is apparently of burn or scorch marks that continue to intensify despite preservation attempts.

The enhanced security cam snapshot image captured on February 6th of this year, shows a partial sketch that matches the pattern assembled by C.I.L. and CFO contributors Jessica Morrison Hogan, Rob Rage, Doug Hogan, Ryan Rojas, Jeremy Walton and James Walker, among others.

The Investigation team has been able to identify one of the markings. Historic research of the markings suggests ancient peoples shared beliefs that were very similar to each other and to these;

The Pierced Circle (or Sphere of Chaos), appears first in pre-historic petroglyphs, then in ancient Sumerian cave paintings, Egyptian hieroglyphs; medieval Romanian tapestries; African funereal ceremonies and most recently in classical South American "carnivals of madness."

From that last LT entry posted, there does seem to be a thread between the houses/zones forming. They're mentioning ancient civilizations (such as the Greek house that's rumored) and the South American "carnival of madness" (which could be tied to "festival of the dead", mardi gras, etc.). If they're going the route it appears they may be, where each house & zone tells a part of the overall story, I'm really digging that idea.

In other words they are going back to the HHN 15 mold of tying the whole event together by one story similar to Terra Cruentus.