Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear | Page 92 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We have Brian Brushwood as replacement, I guess... Maybe last year Rocky Horror wasn't so popular/succesful, or maybe they wanna focus more on HHs and SZs, or maybe the budget won't allow a third show for this year?

The contract for RHPS expired and Universal did not renew. It was still a popular show, I remember walking by there and there was still a huge line to get in.

I apologize if this has already been mentioned but does anyone know which houses will be in the sound stages?

Legendary Truth will be in the one soundstage by it's self, 22 I believe. Hades and Psychoscareapy share the larger one. HHN Hallow'd Past is in the parade building, Catacombs is in a tent, the entrance in Kidzone, Havoc's is by MIB, Orfange is Jaws, and Zombiegeddon is Disaster.

Edit: Easier.

HHN20map2.jpg

Last edited:
I apologize if this has already been mentioned but does anyone know which houses will be in the sound stages?

Ooops, beat me to it :lol:

So no one is gonna give me props for being right on my house predictions last week? :lol:

And to add to this, scarezone locations:

The Coven - Shrek Alley
Saws n Steam - New York
Esqueleto Muerte - Kidzone
XX Fear Revealed - Mels with a stage for show possibly?
HHN: 20 years - Hollywood

Last year they had to use the area in front of the rockit stage for lines for The Wolfman house, I don't think that will change this year because of space, so they will set up a stage again in front of Mels for the Arrival show if there will be one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Felipe
Legendary Truth will be in the one soundstage by it's self, 22 I believe. Hades and Psychoscareapy share the larger one. HHN Hallow'd Past is in the parade building, Catacombs is in a tent, the entrance in Kidzone, Havoc's is by MIB, Orfange is Jaws, and Zombiegeddon is Disaster.

Edit: Easier.

HHN20map2.jpg

That's not right. This is from Chainsawwolf, judging by where people were cast:

SS 22 - PsychoScareapy
SS 23 A - Hades: Gates of Ruin
SS 23 B - Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate
Disaster! - Zombiegeddon
JAWS - The Orfanage: Ashes to Ashes
Sprung 1 - Catacombs: Black Death Rising
Sprung 2 - Havoc: Dogs of War
Parade Building - Horror Nights: Hallow'd Past

That's not right. This is from Chainsawwolf, judging by where people were cast:

SS 22 - PsychoScareapy
SS 23 A - Hades: Gates of Ruin
SS 23 B - Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate
Disaster! - Zombiegeddon
JAWS - The Orfanage: Ashes to Ashes
Sprung 1 - Catacombs: Black Death Rising
Sprung 2 - Havoc: Dogs of War
Parade Building - Horror Nights: Hallow'd Past

From what I've heard.. LT will be in ss22 and ss23 will have Hades and PsychoScareapy.

Am I the only one who finds it very strange that they're abandoning the Production Central zone this year, especially in favor of Shrek Alley?

I'm not, it made it difficult for people to decide which way they wanted to go in since there were two zones right when you walked in. This way it gives people a clear path and the majority will work the park counter clockwise, which means I will be working it clockwise :lol:

Just saw the site. And after looking at everything else there and here, i'm well impressed with Universal and i can't wait to go! Plus, I finally get to walk threw Shady Brook!!!

(Also most of my and Vyrus's predictions where right! :happy:).

Last edited:
I too am surprised with the lack of production central being on the list. Most people want to go straight to hit the big three, which of course may be the reason that Uni is trying to lead them away to the tents/parade building. This year looks great, one or two houses seem like they may not meet expectations but a description can't really do the houses justice.

I'm playing catch-up, so a few things:

-- How sure are you guys on these house / zone locations? I know some are obvious from previous knowledge (Orfanage in JAWS, Horror Nights in Parade, ZombieGeddon in Disaster, Havoc in Sprung 2, Zombie Gras in front of Disaster, 20 Years of Fear zone in Hollywood)..... But for the rest of these, are you guys just speculating or did I miss something?

-- Rockit definitely will be running. At this point there's no reason it shouldn't be, and it's a great crowd-eater. Plus, didn't someone already point out that their HHN ticket said "No Express for Rockit" - meaning it will be open?

-- I think using the Beetlejuice show would be a great idea, but if that's in the plans they definitely didn't include it in the "Shows" list.

-- My first thought after the reveal for HHN XX: Overall, I'm extremely happy with the slate. I think the originality of the houses and zones exceeded what I was expecting for this year, as I really expected them to pull from the past a lot more than they did (and BIG kudos for resisting that urge). I also love the spectrum we're getting. The houses are covering a wide range of themes, vibes, and elements. Everything from ancient underworlds, to Dark Ages black plague-ingested Europe, to steam punk, to slight futuristic/sci-fi-ish areas like Havoc and ZombieGeddon, to ghost stories with the Wyandot Estate and Psychoscareapy (great twist on this one by the way, using a ghost version of a classic), to honoring the past with ONE house (kudos again) and a scarezone, all tied together by a central thread -- Fear himself, who's been behind the whole thing. They really covered the bases with this line-up, and I couldn't be happier. I'm far more excited for this than I was last year's, which seemed like a lot of the same thing. Just from pre-game perspective, they're earning a solid A- so far.......

I am ok with RHPS not being there this year. As much as I love it, its not a heartache to leave something like that alone and let people miss it for a few years before bringing it back. Look what they did with Brushwood. Plus, this makes it more likely that the budget went somewhere else like an Icon based sacrifice show.

I'm playing catch-up, so a few things:

-- How sure are you guys on these house / zone locations? I know some are obvious from previous knowledge (Orfanage in JAWS, Horror Nights in Parade, ZombieGeddon in Disaster, Havoc in Sprung 2, Zombie Gras in front of Disaster, 20 Years of Fear zone in Hollywood)..... But for the rest of these, are you guys just speculating or did I miss something?

-- Rockit definitely will be running. At this point there's no reason it shouldn't be, and it's a great crowd-eater. Plus, didn't someone already point out that their HHN ticket said "No Express for Rockit" - meaning it will be open?

-- I think using the Beetlejuice show would be a great idea, but if that's in the plans they definitely didn't include it in the "Shows" list.

-- My first thought after the reveal for HHN XX: Overall, I'm extremely happy with the slate. I think the originality of the houses and zones exceeded what I was expecting for this year, as I really expected them to pull from the past a lot more than they did (and BIG kudos for resisting that urge). I also love the spectrum we're getting. The houses are covering a wide range of themes, vibes, and elements. Everything from ancient underworlds, to Dark Ages black plague-ingested Europe, to steam punk, to slight futuristic/sci-fi-ish areas like Havoc and ZombieGeddon, to ghost stories with the Wyandot Estate and Psychoscareapy (great twist on this one by the way, using a ghost version of a classic), to honoring the past with ONE house (kudos again) and a scarezone, all tied together by a central thread -- Fear himself, who's been behind the whole thing. They really covered the bases with this line-up, and I couldn't be happier. I'm far more excited for this than I was last year's, which seemed like a lot of the same thing. Just from pre-game perspective, they're earning a solid A- so far.......

I'm pretty sure we know the soundstage locations due to the casting info - to my understanding Legendary gets 22 while Scareapy & Hades share 23.

Rockit running, IMO, is still not a guarantee - last year the HHN maps noted Rockit in the safety information, but as we all know it was shuttered for testing. One would assume it'll be open, but honestly, who knows with that hunk of junk...

Agreed here - an amped up Beatlejuice would be a nice crowd eater, but I wouldn't expect it to happen since it was not included in the show lineup. Moreover, don't some of the Beatlejuice actors/actresses play some rather important characters that will be needed elsewhere?

The house & scarezone lineup are very strong, I agree, and I'm surprised by the lack of derivative elements from past events. I just wish there was more substance for the fans than the by-the-numbers house listings... and don't tell me Legendary Truth is the hardcore site - there's very little actually on that site, and it's near pointless for anyone who can't be in the parks every event night (even if you assist online, you don't get any sort of reward for your time & effort).

Finally, I really think a Production Central zone is necessary - It's the first thing you see when you enter the park, and it would REALLY suck to just have a huge alley of dead space there. Has anyone considered the possibility that maybe Twenty Years of Fear is not only in Hollywood, but in Production Central as well? And furthermore, didn't we get some confirms from casting that people were indeed placed there?