Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts | Page 78 | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I apologize if this has been answered before, but If I have an express pass will I miss out on the great queue and elevator pre show?

There is no Express line on that ride, so unless you do the Single Rider line, you won't miss out.

Hole still there today. Everything else was fine. But it was a little herky jerky in spots. I hate the drive tires with a passion.

Wow. I hope my favorite moment in the ride isn't gone forever. That would SUCK. Anyone know if they're waiting on something?

Either the kuka is broken or it was causing an issues with the programming. Those are the only 2 things I can think of. If I ride again today I'll try to look and see if I can see it while we launch.

Someone let me know when this is repaired please because I have yet to be able to ride and want the full Gringotts experience, thanks!

The attraction, like FJ, has Express line but is not using it. The Express Line does go through the whole queue and preshow, instead of going to the left of the talking goblin you go right. They use it as accessibility entrance right now. Singles does skip all the queue.

I feel very confident to say the arm will be back. This isn't the first time it's been gone for a prolonged period.

Another reason why you should always ride a new ride within the first few months of opening, instead of a year or two later, after some of the effects have been turned off due to a myriad of reasons, like maintenance issues, nanny state moms complaining, software issues, etc.

Rode for the first time tonight. It was pretty much what I expected. I do wish the ride was a little more thrilling, or if it did not stop as much. Regardless, I think this was probably the best use of 3D I have seen so far. The first time Voldemort comes out, it seriously looks like he is walking down the stairs and onto the set. I was impressed. That last scene would've probably been so much cooler with the kuka screen in place. There was just a glaring hole, which was a bit cheap looking. Overall, still a solid ride.

I think removal of the switchbacks might be because the line often gets held up there because of people taking pictures. I know a few months ago I was talking to someone working in Gringotts and he was telling me how he had closed most of the switchbacks inside because people constantly were holding the line up.

Brake steam is back at King's Cross. I was elated to see it yesterday.

Edit... Apparently this happened last month. Hooray!

Last edited:
Just rode. Kuka still broken but this time the fog didn't go off as well. I did look as we went through the opening. The kuka is pointed straight up the the screen facing the ceiling. Idk if that's that normal rest position when it pulls away but if not that could point to it being brokeN. From what I could tell the screen looked intact.

Just rode. Kuka still broken but this time the fog didn't go off as well. I did look as we went through the opening. The kuka is pointed straight up the the screen facing the ceiling. Idk if that's that normal rest position when it pulls away but if not that could point to it being brokeN. From what I could tell the screen looked intact.

That's the standard launch position for the door afaik.

The gaping hole in the screen isn't quite as noticeable from the second car, but from the first car it's really bad. Hopefully it gets repaired soon.

I can only imagine how much cooler the final scene would be with the kuka screen working. Regardless, still some amazing effects in that ride. It's been a few days since I have rode it, and I'm still thinking about how cool the 3D was. I'm even a guy who wishes there weren't as many screen based attractions, but in this case.. just amazing in my opinion. I've never been on a ride where the 3D was as convincing and good looking as Gringotts.

I still don't even get how in the "snake" scene they made it look like Voldemort was walking around the physical set, but it was so cool.

Last edited: