HHN 25: Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 25: Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think trump would be less controversial as a villain since he was a celebrity first and candidate second. I also think political parody should be taken out just period because of the giant controversies it always causes, it also eats up the entire show too in most cases. For parody of multiple topics, it's best to not stay on one for too long so you don't lose the audience

When talking about songs, I can see them doing a dance number to Watch Me by Silent O. The audience will think it's the greatest thing ever that they can whip, nae nae, and stanky leg. I think it's the dumbest thing ever and I hope I'm wrong about them using the song.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Him?

You're on such thin ice here. You obviously meant her. Her name is Caitlyn.

Agreed with testtrack.
I get your point here, but I still mix it up by accident sometimes and i'm someone who could give less of a crap what anyone's sexuality is or if they decide to make a change. It's really none of my business anyway. Caitlyn was known as Bruce for 65 years however, through the Olympic run and now obviously being attached to the most talked about family in America,so I think it's only natural that people will unintentionally get it wrong for a period of time.

It takes a little time for people to get used to change. Unless you are young or a progressive, the majority may never consider the name though as many don't believe in going through change or identifying yourself differently and will then claim they have a mental illness too, which is just stupid. No reason to meddle in the life of others doing no wrong.

When talking about songs, I can see them doing a dance number to Watch Me by Silent O. The audience will think it's the greatest thing ever that they can whip, nae nae, and stanky leg. I think it's the dumbest thing ever and I hope I'm wrong about them using the song.
I think you're right, unfortunately. I hope they at least keep it short, just enough to make fun of how annoying the song is.

I get your point here, but I still mix it up by accident sometimes and i'm someone who could give less of a crap what anyone's sexuality is or if they decide to make a change. It's really none of my business anyway. Caitlyn was known as Bruce for 65 years however, through the Olympic run and now obviously being attached to the most talked about family in America,so I think it's only natural that people will unintentionally get it wrong for a period of time.

It takes a little time for people to get used to change. Unless you are young or a progressive, the majority may never consider the name though as many don't believe in going through change or identifying yourself differently and will then claim they have a mental illness too, which is just stupid. No reason to meddle in the life of others doing no wrong.

Just a few points (to be read in an informative, non-mocking tone):

1. Sexuality is not gender. Succinctly, sexuality is with whom you go to bed, whereas gender is as whom you go to bed.
2. Mixing it up and just leaving it like that isn't really okay for people who are constantly misgendered and attacked for it, because it continually projects a harmful environment for us. When people use my original name, it outs me and I lock up, making everything around me kind of cold and stiff. But I get that it was unintentional, and that's fine. If it happens in real life with a trans person, tack on a small sorry, correct it, and move forward (just another pro-tip).
3. Besides the fact that Caitlyn was very famous and won awards under the name Bruce, the person she has become is definitely now an icon for the trans community, so if they include her in the show as a caricature and all that, we're going to feel attacked. Again. And I won't stand for it because Universal is my safe zone.
4. "No reason to meddle in the life of others doing no wrong." Nice point made here.

Just a few points:

1. Sexuality is not gender. Succinctly, sexuality is with whom you go to bed, whereas gender is as whom you go to bed.
2. Mixing it up and just leaving it like that isn't really okay for people who are constantly misgendered and attacked for it, because it continually projects a harmful environment for us. When people use my original name, it outs me and I lock up, making everything around me kind of cold and stiff. But I get that it was unintentional, and that's fine. If it happens in real life with a trans person, tack on a small sorry, correct it, and move forward (just another pro-tip).
3. Besides the fact that Caitlyn was very famous and won awards under the name Bruce, the person she has become is definitely now an icon for the trans community, so if they include her in the show as a caricature and all that, we're going to feel attacked. Again. And I won't stand for it because Universal is my safe zone.
4. "No reason to meddle in the life of others doing no wrong." Nice.

I'm with you on everything you're saying, but at the same time, and I say this with all the kindness and sincerity I can, it comes off as overly aggressive. I know it isn't exactly fair for me to say "be less aggressive" in a society where people are constantly ridiculed and misgendered for this sort of thing, but there are people who are honestly supportive but then get sniped for making a mistake, and it discourages them from being part of the solution. I've seen it happen, and it sucks.

But yeah, this is the reason why I think we won't be seeing Caitlyn this year. I wouldn't be shocked if she made it into an early script, but that'll be one of the first things to get cut for content. And that's probably for the best.

@Fallow

Yeah, it's hard to translate how I would have said it in real life. It does come off as slightly abrasive, which isn't my intention. I just want to inform and make sure people start making safe spaces before we can get to having a good laugh together.

Also yes, agreed.

Reactions: Clive
USA has come far in that people can now openly discuss all of these issues in a nice way. It wasn't that many years ago that a lot of these discussions were taboo. I'm a heterosexual white male but I'm happy that those of other other races, genders and sexual orientations are generally now considered & treated equal. We haven't become a perfect society yet, since there are still many insecure bigots , but we're finally making some good progress. That said, tasteful humor is often a strong force in transcending a lot of those problems.

USA has come far in that people can now openly discuss all of these issues in a nice way. It wasn't that many years ago that a lot of these discussions were taboo. I'm a heterosexual white male but I'm happy that those of other other races, genders and sexual orientations are generally now considered & treated equal. We haven't become a perfect society yet, since there are still many insecure bigots , but we're finally making some good progress. That said, tasteful humor is often a strong force in transcending a lot of those problems.

All fair - I guess I just don't see tasteful jokes about transgenderism in a Bill & Ted show frequented by drunks.

All fair - I guess I just don't see tasteful jokes about transgenderism in a Bill & Ted show frequented by drunks.

Caitlyn played by a woman beating up Jarryd, for example, would probably be ok. But if a guy with stubble comes out as Caitlyn and then in the end decides "to become Bruce" again, that's when there will be issues. It's comedy pointing out the issues in society vs just being mean. I've never found B&T to be overall mean.

Reactions: Ryan and Cole
I completely agree with joe, I personally think Caitlyn should be in the show, but in a positive way. If they portrayed her as a strong badass who saves the day, the audience reaction would probably be bigger than the frozen skit last year

I completely agree with joe, I personally think Caitlyn should be in the show, but in a positive way. If they portrayed her as a strong badass who saves the day, the audience reaction would probably be bigger than the frozen skit last year

Problem is not everyone is on the same page that "It's ok". Its potential to cause problems from all sides is why I see them leaving Caitlyn off.

Problem is not everyone is on the same page that "It's ok". Its potential to cause problems from all sides is why I see them leaving Caitlyn off.

Exactly - there are going to be a vocal contingent of people who boo Caitlyn when she comes out, positive portrayal or not. That sucks. But for this year, maybe play it safe.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
My view on Jenner is that she's a separate & different case. She's knowingly & willingly made her life's living primarily by exposing her private & public life to make money. When you do that you expose yourself to the negative as well as the positive. The Trumps and others of his ilk, use & manipulate the media so they are fair game also. Bottom line though is that Jenner will be a difficult situation for Universal, so they may tread more lightly than usual this year.

Last edited:
My view on Jenner is that he's a separate & different case. He's knowingly & willingly made his life's living primarily by exposing his private & public life to make money. When you do that you expose yourself to the negative as well as the positive. The Trumps and others of his ilk, use & manipulate the media so they are fair game also. Bottom line though is that Jenner will be a difficult situation for Universal, so they may tread more lightly than usual this year.

Come on man, regardless of your opinions on how she uses the media to make a living, you can at least refer to her as a she. To not do so is careless at best and malicious at worst.

My view on Jenner is that she's a separate & different case. She's knowingly & willingly made her life's living primarily by exposing her private & public life to make money. When you do that you expose yourself to the negative as well as the positive. The Trumps and others of his ilk, use & manipulate the media so they are fair game also. Bottom line though is that Jenner will be a difficult situation for Universal, so they may tread more lightly than usual this year.
I fixed it. Just a brain freeze.

Reactions: Clive