Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 25: Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure

I think it's more graveyard like than Mad Max.

82ogUpIl.jpg

Who's that on the stage? Also if death returns, my god it would be ultimate fan service
I think they just used some random figures to represent scale. It looks like the Bill and Ted were pulled from an image from the movie, the show costumes aren't like that.

Yeah, not to give too much away but there is a small tie in to the first show from 1992. If you haven't seen it it's on YouTube.

It always amazes me how people's perspective of this show can be so different. I think because the show changes every year people build up different expectations for the show and also each person's individual knowledge of what is being parodied during the show. I'm not sure that overall I like this one better than last years yet, but it's definitely up there as one of the best. There are some great moments for fans referencing old B&T shows and plenty of good Disney jabs.

I thought the show was good, not quite as good as a few other years yet but that tends to be the opening night show. Was very happy with the amount of jabs they took at Disney. I was a little confused by the main villain.

On another note, we tried to see B&T 2 before finally making the last show last nigh. It hit capacity with 10-15 minutes before start the two shows prior.

An excerpt from my post in the HHN 25 Discussion thread:

We also stopped to see Bill & Ted. Ugh. I have no idea what people think about the event in general yet, never mind B&T (i've purposefully avoided HHN material so it would all be a surprise), but I honestly think this was one of the worst B&T shows... ever. Kanye as the villain didn't work imo and seemed gimmicky following his VMA stunt. There was a lot that I liked from the show, the Hocus Pocus jab... that was also a jab at B&T was hilarious. They played with nostalgia a bit with the old 1990 park map, DeLorean, mention of BTTF ride, etc. They also played too hard on Bill Clinton and the Monica Lewinski crap (bc Hilary is running) which is forever old by now.

They barely touched on Donald Trump, which I was a little surprised at, but I guess they don't want a republican to go a bitch about Universal being Liberal and anti-Trump and then next thing you know it, the show is cancelled, just like in Hollywood. Overall I came away feeling "That was it?". Maybe I need to see it again and hopefully the show improves with time, but I honestly think this show gives HHN 22 B&T a run for it's money.

Might be a little bit of a controversial opinion, but that's just how I see it as of right now based on the first impression.

Last edited:
It was pretty bad, I went for the first show of opening night with an audience of HHN fanboys such as myself ready to throw roses at it. We were easy to please yet the show just didn't please. I don't think I've seen a crowd so silent on some of these jokes, the Kardashian running gag, the political section and Kanye.....it was very cringy and not in a good way

First off, standard reminder, the show will get better. It always does--lame jokes are cut, actor timing improves. Also, reviews from opening night and especially preview night tend to skew far too positive. That said ...

I found it uneven. The scenes parodying movies are quite good, at a higher level than the rest of the material. But too much of the show is centered on TV, specifically reality TV. [Spoilers to follow...]

Way too much Kayne--the video "introducing" him is too long/obvious, and if you need to remind the audience about his "Imma let you finish ..." episode (with a dumb re-enactment no less), it's a sign he's not well-known enough to play the villain. Actor does a good job, but just not good material.

The political stuff did feel largely toothless. There's one funny Trump joke, and it's killer, which is what disappoints me, clearly the writer is capable of biting satire when he's allowed to let loose. And yeah, the horny Bill Clinton jokes feel ancient--it's been two decades since they were relevant. Does the B&T writer moonlight for Orlando Kia?

Characters appear for no discernible reason other than they had costumes left over. Looking at you Daenerys, and especially Dr. Who.

On the plus side, again, the movie parody scenes were great--Avengers in particular kills. The Disney jokes hit the mark, at least among theme park fanbois--with this and the superior Carnival of Carnage, I'm a little concerned about the trend to write shows aimed directly at everyone on OU and HHN Nightmares, not the general public. I enjoyed the dance numbers, particularly the finale.

The emphasis on reality TV is clearly dictated by Legal, as it's harder for real people to sue than copyright holders. I imagine the weak political satire is the same. It's a shame, I've enjoyed the last three years, apparently by the same writer. This one felt like his hands were tied to avoid lawsuits.

Saw it again last night. Already some minor changes to the plot. Felt a little tighter. I'm really happy they included am Orlando centric inside joke again. I was always a huge fan of the appliance direct jokes

Saw it again last night. Already some minor changes to the plot. Felt a little tighter. I'm really happy they included am Orlando centric inside joke again. I was always a huge fan of the appliance direct jokes

Agreed, a quick joke like that doesn't bother me.

Saw it again as well, didn't pick up on plot change. Can you put in spoilers?

It was just minor wording changes and sped through the one sequence a bit faster.

Some minor changes in jacks show too but not really sure why they made that one, guess the joke was too dirty