HHN 28: Stranger Things | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 28: Stranger Things

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The house is actually being built underneath the Mummy extended queue. You'll have to go down through the subway entrance to get to the house. You'll also be able to enter through the portal in one of the Central Park trees. What? Oh, they removed the tree with the portal? Damn all these last-minute changes to HHN28.

Actually, I heard they were going to build a giant tent over IOA and make it a park-wide house!

(Does anyone know how that meme actually got started? I remember it as far back as 2008.)

Express Passes will go on sale around June, most likely. Purchasing one depends on your game plan. If you're there for 2 nights... it's not necessary. If it's one night, and if you plan accordingly... you don't have to get it.

Depends if you want a relaxed experience enjoying everything with time to kill, or you want to be on the move all the time watching the clock making sure your planning is on point.

You don’t need an express pass but it definitely makes it more enjoyable and less like a mission.

First of all...wow. Second of all...wow. Third....wow.

1. I've never been to Halloween Horror Nights but I will DEFINITELY be there this year. I'll do whatever I have to do, because I'm that big of a fan of Stranger Things. Now I have so many questions. How do you get expresspass for this thing? I know I've read in the past that without express pass the lines are crazy.

2. Jungle Skip, stop being so negative dude. You are ruining the vibe. :lol:

This all depends on your income level, and your ability to plan, but personally I would not even go to Halloween Horror Nights without an express pass. Although, I wouldn't go multiple days either. One day is enough for me.

Last time I went house lines were up to 200+ minutes, and the longest I waited with express was 20. Most of the houses and all the rides were walk ons.
The lines themselves are slow, boring, and mostly outdoors.

It's good to see this confirmed. I am really excited for this year, and I'm proud of the team, as they have been pulling in big crowds these past few years. Personally, I don't like Stranger Things, but this should still be a good house. I want to see if it breaks the 3 hours I waited for Walking Dead one year.

First of all...wow. Second of all...wow. Third....wow.

1. I've never been to Halloween Horror Nights but I will DEFINITELY be there this year. I'll do whatever I have to do, because I'm that big of a fan of Stranger Things. Now I have so many questions. How do you get expresspass for this thing? I know I've read in the past that without express pass the lines are crazy.

2. Jungle Skip, stop being so negative dude. You are ruining the vibe. :lol:

To add to a lot of other people's answers, it also matters when you go and if you have daytime admission to the parks.

My friends and I went the weekend before Halloween through to Halloween last year and had admission to the parks by day but we did not have express. Using Stay and Scream, we were able to get AHS, The Shining, Dead Waters, Fallen, Scarecrow (twice), Hive (twice), and Blumhouse all done before 9pm every night we went. To put that into perspective, we went four nights and sometimes we got all of those done as early as 8pm or 8:30 depending upon crowds.

It really is all down to planning and how quickly you are willing to move from one house to the next. My biggest piece of advice is, just keep an eye on the app and read here about the actual wait times before your visit to try to get a better idea of what fills up and holds a line all night.

Last edited:
To add to a lot of other people's answers, it also matters when you go and if you have daytime admission to the parks.

My friends and I went the weekend before Halloween through to Halloween last year and had admission to the parks by day but we did not have express. Using Stay and Scream, we were able to get AHS, The Shining, Dead Waters, Fallen, Scarecrow (twice), Hive (twice), and Blumhouse all done before 9pm every night we went. To put that into perspective, we went four nights and sometimes we got all of those done as early as 8pm or 8:30 depending upon crowds.

It really is all down to planning and how quickly you are willing to move from one house to the next. My biggest piece of advice is, just keep an eye on the app and read here about the actual wait times before your visit to try to get a better idea of what fills up and holds a line all night.

THIS. The only reason I do Express is it gives me the ability to "waltz in." I can show up pretty much anytime, after it's dark, stress free... But it totally can be done without it.

THIS. The only reason I do Express is it gives me the ability to "waltz in." I can show up pretty much anytime, after it's dark, stress free... But it totally can be done without it.

First two years I went with no Express and it was a challenge to plan around the crowds and would pay attention less to the zones. With Express you can enter the park hit the walk-ons at your own leisure knowing that you have Express for later.

Back to Stranger Things, I don't think we will see the kids as scare actors but rather as scenes and away from guests.

First two years I went with no Express and it was a challenge to plan around the crowds and would pay attention less to the zones. With Express you can enter the park hit the walk-ons at your own leisure knowing that you have Express for later.

Back to Stranger Things, I don't think we will see the kids as scare actors but rather as scenes and away from guests.
Is a FFP more expensive than a 1-day express?

Based on the announcement that Universal will be "recreating some of the show’s most iconic scenes, 80’s settings, and most loved characters," it is safe to assume character look-alikes will be there, right? I seem to recall with The Walking Dead that none of the actors could "appear"/be featured. Never seemed to be an issue with AHS.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Based on the announcement that Universal will be "recreating some of the show’s most iconic scenes, 80’s settings, and most loved characters," it is safe to assume character look-alikes will be there, right? I seem to recall with The Walking Dead that none of the actors could "appear"/be featured. Never seemed to be an issue with AHS.

I would probably say yes though, but I expect more of creepy settings or what not. I really find it hard to find child actors playing in the HHN roles, especially very late at night. Mostly adult characters like Joyce Byers and Jim Hopper. I can't imagine kids working late as night as far as 1:30 am just to entertain some guests.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
We are going to USH and for sure doing the VIP thing for HHNS for my Son's birthday. He's a Stranger Things fan. He was literally drooling when I showes him the press on this.

We'll take in Knott's while we're out there, Don't know about SFMM.

Saving DL and CA for pre or post Hawaii trip.

I would probably say yes though, but I expect more of creepy settings or what not. I really find it hard to find child actors playing in the HHN roles, especially very late at night. Mostly adult characters like Joyce Byers and Jim Hopper. I can't imagine kids working late as night as far as 1:30 am just to entertain some guests.

They just use smaller adults, not children. That is how they got two working casts for houses like Orfanage and scare zones like Trick ‘R Treat

We are going to USH and for sure doing the VIP thing for HHNS for my Son's birthday. He's a Stranger Things fan. He was literally drooling when I showes him the press on this.

We'll take in Knott's while we're out there, Don't know about SFMM.

Saving DL and CA for pre or post Hawaii trip.

Knott’s is a blast (I like it better than USH, personally) and SFMM is a mixed bag. If you feel crunched for time, cut that out. Also, just be aware that Knott’s express allows you to go through each house as many times as you want