Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Drink Changes

I went for three nights last week and to me it seemed like there were fewer "unruly" patrons. I'm interested in others opinion. Also, I recall last year reading about a lot of female scareactors getting groped and others physically abused(male and female). I'd be interested if those in the know(Legacy?) if things have gotten better this year.

Typically it doesn’t get too crazy this early in the season. I’ve noticed no real difference at all from this time last year.

I could be wrong, but I thought I read about girl scareactors getting accosted early in the event.
While I'm sure that probably happens every day to some degree, if you're referring to the incidents in HHN 25 that attracted a lot of attention those came about around mid October.

I haven't really been asking, but the fact that I haven't heard anything bodes fairly well. It's still early. There's also some other elements at play regarding when female performers get assaulted during the event. They're all stupid, misogynistic things, but people can be stupid and misogynistic.

Accessibility - It's women on the street, who are in arms reach, that are targeted. When they're on a stage or stilts (see Festival), they're essentially safe. Or at least less likely to be harassed.

Recognition - If the performer is playing a known character, like Carrie White, Regan, or Chance, they're more likely to be targeted. Whether that's because the notoriety makes them less "human" to douchebags they want to pump themselves up going after a "celebrity," I don't know. For example: plants will almost never get assaulted because they look just every other guest. And assholes won't target another guest.

Weapons - Yep. Give a scantily-clad performer a weapon, even a fake one, the chance they'll get attacked drops dramatically. Even its something that could be USED as a weapon, like a staff or cane.

Attractiveness - The women who work at HHN are gorgeous. Objectively. That's a big reason why they're targeted. Throw a mask or a lot of blood on them and douches are much less likely to go after them.

Witnesses - The Grady Twins hold hands the entire time they're performing. That is their protection, 100%. Pairs work. Even in Vamp 55, the female vamps ALWAYS had a guy vamp at arm's length.

What I've noticed about this year (and last year, to an extent), they're doing a much better job of letting the women protect themselves with these sorts of tactics. The biggest issues come about when a pretty girl dressed a popular character is left alone. Universal has gotten better, but there still be issues. It's just waiting for them.

I went for three nights last week and to me it seemed like there were fewer "unruly" patrons. I'm interested in others opinion. Also, I recall last year reading about a lot of female scareactors getting groped and others physically abused(male and female). I'd be interested if those in the know(Legacy?) if things have gotten better this year.

My observations from my four nights.

Well, what @Legacy said. The UFO thing and aliens are in that crowded gathering area in front of F&F that was the color/black and white thing that had big issues.

What I noticed back then and this year as well is that many performers try to keep moving as this must lessen the likelihood, I think a lot of the issues that one year was the folks stopping for pics, this may have put Carry in a bad place too often (once is too often).

The team on the streets, they really look out for each other. This year, I think the handlers are in most of my photos, but I saw some things...like a handler push a drunk away from the moving truck in the Purge Zone...I also saw a stilt walker pointing someone out to security.

I think the only change I noticed this year is that the workers are not going to take any crap from guest this year!

I know that anecdotes <> evidence, but last week while in line for Hive there was a group of 5 people behind us in EP line. 2 couldn't stand and kept falling over, frequently into us. My wife and I both said something out loud to them, sometimes within earshot of a TM). They were laughing about how much pregaming they'd done with everclear. Now mind this is still early in the night, like around 7ish. At one point, I ducked out of line to "tie my shoes" and let them get a few people ahead of us so they wouldn't ruin our run through the house.

TBF, I think they were removed at the end of the house. I didn't see if they had done anything while in the house (fallen over, touched something, etc.) but at the end, a TM kinda stepped in front of a few people in front of us and pulled the black curtain aside as if to hide something. When I exited the house I couldn't see those people.

The alcohol thing is super irrelevant to me personally...If it helps keep the actors more safe then go for it...The other option is to remove actors from the streets, and we all don't want that

Any idea if the tents sell Cider? I know some places class it as "Beer"

I don't know about the tents but cider is available in the parks on tap. Strongbow mostly

I've always liked cider but most recently my go to is Strongbow, never knew it was on tap! I usually get it in the HE line, any idea where it's on tap?

EDIT: Anything change weekend to weekend? @Brian G. @Andy or anyone else?

My wife drinks cider, Hogs Head even sells a pear one I believe.

We tried one tent, no taps no cider I believe. We never tried the Finns queue, but that was always our HHN stop in the past...sometimes she would even toss in a fireball with her cider...or in the Potter World they have that fire whisky....

I've always liked cider but most recently my go to is Strongbow, never knew it was on tap! I usually get it in the HE line, any idea where it's on tap?

Finns and Hogshead have it on tap and I think Backwater. I am not a cider drinker but I know someone who is. He is going home today so I will see if he is on a plane yet.

My wife drinks cider, Hogs Head even sells a pear one I believe.

We tried one tent, no taps no cider I believe. We never tried the Finns queue, but that was always our HHN stop in the past...sometimes she would even toss in a fireball with her cider...or in the Potter World they have that fire whisky....

Strongbow is the sweetest I can go, anything other than an apple cider tends to be super sweet and too much for me. Magners is really good but not easily found over here, usually Crown carries a few 6 packs every once in a while.

Nope. Everything's the same from Opening Weekend. May a couple more carts to buy beer & soda.

I believe Cider is available at certain areas. Either Angry Orchard or Strongbow. Will pay more attention Wednesday.