HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 116 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Probably they don't want to have too many properties this year that will be released after the event already starts (Insidious 4 & Jigsaw).

I'm sure it'll be fine; after all The Thing, Dracula Untold, and Crimson Peak did really well as mazes, despite their movies being released the following month. They were incredible tbh

I'm sure it'll be fine; after all The Thing, Dracula Untold, and Crimson Peak did really well as mazes, despite their movies being released the following month. They were incredible tbh

God I would kill for The Thing as a maze any year; Crimson Peak was such a good maze and after seeing the film I was amazed they even got that much content. Dracula was a great maze but the movie was... eh

The Thing was definitely the best maze of 2011. Execution can totally make up a lot for a mediocre/terrible film. And, sadly, it can work the other way around (great movie/bad maze). We'll see if any of the mazes this year will surpass or fail the expectations of fans.

Reactions: horrornights789
Is there a chance that the Chucky / Leatherface / Titans of Terror rumors we have been hearing all refer to the Terror Tram? In which case that the maze is something else entirely...
giphy.gif

Don't give your hopes up people. Believe me, I want to be surprised about what's going in WW just as much as you all do. I just don't want your dreams to be crushed by what gets announced. I'm just as oblivious as you all are, but but I think there's a good chance it's going to be Leatherface. It really sucks that a long-awaited property will likely be replaced by some crap we've seen four times already when they could have easily picked something else out of their own catalogue to replace it (35th anniversary of The Thing, Universal Monsters, Chucky maze, 10th anniversary of Dead Silence, etc). If it's something else entirely, I will gladly eat crow.

It also doesn't help that it's an easy peasy replacement in Murdy's eyes that can be quickly thrown together: recycle a bunch of props, recycle old sets and put different kills in there to make them feel different, reuse audio from previous TCM houses, etc. Not to mention the GP will always eat up the idea of "da scary Jason guy with teh chainsawwzzzzzz" Great time saver, big hit with the GP. It will piss off us loyal fans who go several times a year, but we're not where the real money comes from, right?

It will piss off us loyal fans who go several times a year, but we're not where the real money comes from, right?
I'm hoping this was sarcasm... Sadly, those of us that get the FFP definitely drop more money into Universal's pockets than the average guest attending the event. Of course we also try to take every measure NOT to spend money, but in the long run... we do.. Some years more so than others.

Last edited:
I'm hoping this was sarcasm... Sadly, those of us that get the FFP definitely drop more money into Universal's pockets than the average guest attending the event. Of course we also try to take every measure NOT to spend money, but in the long run... we do.. Some years more so than others.

Eh, statistically speaking that is incorrect.

Reactions: Freak and chris.g
So... anyone kinda startled by Murdy's Q&A? It kinda never happened but did, and not all the questions were ever answered. No real start or conclusion.

Is this the first year that the full website has launched before all the announcements were made? I don't think that happened in 2012 & 2014 (which is my main frame of reference).

Anyone else notice John said he had been talking about Hollywood Harry on Twitter? Looks like he might be a dead character after all
Huh?
Nope. Not at all. We're like 2% of the people that go to the event. The GP are the people that buy one night tickets, pay for parking, buy drinks, food, snacks, etc. While we do the same thing, the people who go several times are still in the minority, sadly. We are, however, know what the people want. ;)

Of course my mentality is still Orlando based, where as a FFP holder we DO spend money on drinks... (at least 3-4) & food... every single night we go. If the merchandise doesn't suck, we buy all of it too.. But mostly, its the alcohol.

Last year having the FFP... I actually used HHN as an excuse to eat in the park every night. Because usually if I go to the park, I will end up getting a drink (or two) from Mulligans instead of eating. Now if I'm going to be at the park all day, I'll give in... but that brings me to the problem of the park's lack of variety.

Of course, this circles back around to HHN.... Can we have MORE food options somehow, someway please!!!??? I always joked about HHN Orlando being a "Food & Alcohol Festival" (yea, the horror version of Epcot's Food & Wine). Last year's Metro sets food truck was great, but i want MORE options! Fried Oreos, Twisted taters, Korean Beef Tacos, etc... :drool: