Homemade Butterbeer Recipe | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Homemade Butterbeer Recipe

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A tip for frozen butterbeer is instead of using regular ice freez the cream soda and use that instead. This keeps the butterbeer from getting a little watered down. Keep everything else the same.

I received a magazine from Stetson University today, and in it they wrote a piece on the WWOHP. They included a Butterbeer recipe, and it's a tad different than what you guys came up with, but its worth a shot!

1 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp water
6 tbsp butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cider vinegar
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
4 12 oz bottles cream soda

In a saucepan over medium heat, combine brown sugar and water. Bring to a boil, stirring slowly until the mixture reads 250 F on a candy thermometer.

Mix in the butter, salt, vinegar, and 1/4 cup of the cream. Set aside to cool to room temperature. Then add the vanilla extract.

In a separate bowl, combine 2 tbsps of the brown sugar mixture and the remaining heavy cream. Use an electric mixer to beat until thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes.

Combine 1/4 cup of the brown sugar mixture and 1/4 cup of cream soda into 4 glasses. Stir. Top each glass with cream soda and whipped topping.

- I have yet to try this recipe or the one you guys came up, but like I said, worth a try.

Looking forward to trying this. In the meantime, as a clue, when we bought both iced and regular butterbeer, they gave us a straw for the frozen, and warned us NOT to put the straw in the regular butterbeer, or else it would fizz up and run over. So it obviously is pretty carbonated. We didn't try it because we couldn't risk losing any of our precious butterbeer, even for science.

Looking forward to trying this. In the meantime, as a clue, when we bought both iced and regular butterbeer, they gave us a straw for the frozen, and warned us NOT to put the straw in the regular butterbeer, or else it would fizz up and run over. So it obviously is pretty carbonated. We didn't try it because we couldn't risk losing any of our precious butterbeer, even for science.

Mine nearly overflowed, any ways. I was really surprised how much the foam expanded just from my walk from the bar to my table.

OK, the family tried the recipe. Nobody thought the IBC cream soda tasted like the park butterbeer, although the cream topping was great.

We found that A&W Cream soda, with butterscotch ice cream topping stirred in, was the closest we could get to what the park drink tasted like. However, once stirring in the butterscotch, it didn't foam up as much for the cream topping.

I got the ingredients yesterday, made it twice, and the first time I made it I over whipped the cream and it turned into whip cream. Is that supposed to be like that? Because I made it again, and it was like a little less fluffy and it was pretty good. And I'm drinking it now, and I think I UNDER whipped it, because it's slowly dissapearing, but it looks more like it does in the park. AND it's more tasty. I think a little less vanilla extract is better, because it's over powering. But this is DELICIOUS!

I was finally able to have the real thing this weekend. The frozen butterbeer was absolutely incredible! It was heaven, I got it from the hogs head bar. It was creamy, sweet, buttery, and had lots of sweet cream froth on top that slowly blended in--although the base was very creamy to start with. Later I tried the regular kind, I actually think my homemade version was better (using your recipe). All the 3B food was excellent. Loved the pumpkin juice. Didn't love the pear cider, it tasted too similar to apple cider or pumpkin juice and looked the same dark color. Chicken meal was excellent, even the potatoes were outstandiNg. The chocolate trifle was Amazing! I didn't expect it to be anything special, but it was sooo good. Unfortunately I didn't buy any candy, I was out of cash and it looked like it would melt anyways if I tried to take iT home (I was full by that time).

--- Update ---

Btwhas anybody tried the pink coconut ice from honeydukes? It looked very good but I never got to try it.

Today's homemade Butterbeer (first attempt):

photo-12.jpg

I made a larger batch (enough for my family) and I followed exactly the recipe on the first post of the thread except I used half vanilla extract, half vanilla butter and nut extract. It was quite tasty.

I am no chef but I am going to take a crack at Pumpkin Juice later this week. Any success and the recipe will be in this thread first thing.