Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hurricane Matthew

I just drove by Snow White Village a few weeks ago. They've taken down most of the buildings. One of the main buildings up at the front is still there. I's all mostly vacant land now, I think the sign is still there.
Google Maps

As of July 2016

14484710_1298977143447226_2724899975651050721_n.jpg

They just showed large sheets of metal blowing and flying through the streets of Daytona. That is slice your neck kind of stuff. PLEASE STAY INSIDE!

Last edited:
I wonder if any of the Sapphire landscaping was knocked over? It was planted too recently for the roots to take hold. The good news is that they can just stand it back up and brace.

Quiet here. I guess everyone's hunkered down. It looks like Orlando has escaped the worst case projections. Hopefully all of our OU readers are safe.

Winds are stronger now that the storm is moving away. We (knock wood) never lost power or cable/internet. My palm tree is a little the worse for wear, but everything else looks like it's OK

I'm in Williamsburg, a mile from SeaWorld and right between Disney and Universal.

Two exits west of Disney, same. Last Saturday's storm was worse, honestly. Not trying to make people complacent next time--a wobble the other way this would have been a lot worse--but Orlando metro area, particularly the tourist areas, got off lucky.
Wow you must be fairly close to me, I'm just off the exit for HWY 27. I walked outside and it's really nice out, nice cool breeze and the sun hasn't come out yet. Kind of makes me want to go to a park if they weren't all closed.

Last edited:
Two exits west of Disney, same. Last Saturday's storm was worse, honestly. Not trying to make people complacent next time--a wobble the other way this would have been a lot worse--but Orlando metro area, particularly the tourist areas, got off lucky.
I always thought it would not be that bad, but it is even less than expected, didn't even lose power. Does not seem like it rained that much either. Not that much debris either, mainly leaves and twigs.

Winds are stronger now that the storm is moving away. We (knock wood) never lost power or cable/internet. My palm tree is a little the worse for wear, but everything else looks like it's OK

I'm in Williamsburg, a mile from SeaWorld and right between Disney and Universal.
Same here, a few big squalls this past hour, but I am still keeping my windows open, it actually feels lovely inside our apartment, kind of meditative.

Aaah... so you are west of I4. That is the route to Clermont right? I drove it once. I was way over on the east side south of Kissimmee.
Southwest of Disney, right off of I-4. 192 to 27 would be a more direct route to Clermont but yeah basically that area.

10 minutes or so from Universal and no loss of power. I saw the track shifted so I went to bed at 2am and woke up around 11am. Barely raining here and the occasional wind gust, but nothing too crazy. Very thankful it wasn't worse.