Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

I received an invitation to this creepy Orlando location... should I be scared to go?

Putting that email address into FB leads to a profile with the name Selena Blackwood. About a half hour ago that previously completely empty profile was updated to say that she owns and works at a bar with this URL: deadly sins bar - opening september 23 - orlando, florida - embrace your true nature within
well.gif

How about a solve the mystery bar? Do the escape rooms serve alcohol?

Based on the seven deadly sins and this one is murder?

Its anime and Nanatsu no Taizai?

Sounds like more than alcohol is involved here

Last edited:
yeah you're not the first to point out that this smells of a game of some sort. i can't for the life of me remember signing up for anything of the sort but i wouldn't put it past some company to randomly pull a past customer to kick something like this off. i guess i'd rather have that be the case than anything that puts me in real danger...

anyway... had to go to work today but got out early again... dug around in my garage and found my old PC! () going to fire it up and see what's on this disk. will post again whatever i find. also will keep looking for a cassette player... i know i have one somewhere around here.

I like how the forum figured out you're viral marketing and yet you're still going on with the fiction. Who said kayfabe was dead, brother?

Whoever this is did a brilliant job knowing which communities might appreciate their product or service. And they've developed the right campaign for people like us who enjoy good storytelling. We go to the theme parks to suspend our disbelief all the time to engage in stories and get wrapped up in them even though we know its fiction. So I applaud the work here and it makes me more likely to give them a try when the open.

I bet they didn't realize just how good we are at detective work but I'm happy to play along!

Interestingly, the map on the Deadly Sins Bar Facebook page places their location at the Doctor Phillips Center. This might be for a show.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    212.4 KB · Views: 4