I received an invitation to this creepy Orlando location... should I be scared to go? | Inside Universal Forums

I received an invitation to this creepy Orlando location... should I be scared to go?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sep 20, 2016
This morning I found an email with an invitation to a location to go on a "secret journey." i have no idea who the person who sent it to me is but the way it was written definitely has me curious... but also a bit scared.

should i do it? anyone else get this?

screenshot of the email:

KOjWakb.jpg

the photo below was attached to the email as "your-destination.jpg". the address is in Orlando.

ylfQBgY.jpg

Reactions: Joel
haha i'll film it and see where it goes. getting out of work early so i can do it while it's still daylight. will post the results!

BACK. Whew. Survived. I went a couple hours ago before the rain rolled in. Drove up to this building that looked abandoned. Found the barbed wire fence in the photo. Super creepy even in the daytime.

Poked around a bit quickly but carefully and I think I found what the email person wanted me to find. I recorded the whole thing on my phone so rather than me walking you through it play by play here's the link:

So I left with a floppy disk, some kind of DV video tape, and an audio cassette. Fun. Who wants to time travel to the 80s??

But seriously... I know I have a cassette player around here somewhere. I'll have to dig it up and see what's on this thing. I probably have an old computer with a floppy drive too, if it still boots up. But no idea about the video tape. Anyone know how I could watch or get this on the computer?

The floppy is labeled #4 of 3. The email said I'm #4... so that much lines up. But - no idea what else this means.

I'll post again when I get something going! Might take til tomorrow. We'll see. But yeah, that was quite a rush. Really glad I went during the day cuz I would have been scared out of my mind if I couldn't see where I was going. Glad I made it out alive despite all your warnings haha

Reactions: tankart150 and Joel
BACK. Whew. Survived. I went a couple hours ago before the rain rolled in. Drove up to this building that looked abandoned. Found the barbed wire fence in the photo. Super creepy even in the daytime.

Poked around a bit quickly but carefully and I think I found what the email person wanted me to find. I recorded the whole thing on my phone so rather than me walking you through it play by play here's the link:

So I left with a floppy disk, some kind of DV video tape, and an audio cassette. Fun. Who wants to time travel to the 80s??

But seriously... I know I have a cassette player around here somewhere. I'll have to dig it up and see what's on this thing. I probably have an old computer with a floppy drive too, if it still boots up. But no idea about the video tape. Anyone know how I could watch or get this on the computer?

The floppy is labeled #4 of 3. The email said I'm #4... so that much lines up. But - no idea what else this means.

I'll post again when I get something going! Might take til tomorrow. We'll see. But yeah, that was quite a rush. Really glad I went during the day cuz I would have been scared out of my mind if I couldn't see where I was going. Glad I made it out alive despite all your warnings haha

latest

Sounds like this can go one of two ways according to pop culture - you've found haunted things and you're gonna die, or you've found the beginning of an adventure. Haha, hopefully the items are something cool!

Reactions: Marjorie and Joel
Sounds like this can go one of two ways according to pop culture - you've found haunted things and you're gonna die, or you've found the beginning of an adventure. Haha, hopefully the items are something cool!

Or this is some kind of campaign by Universal to hint at whats coming up. I mean what better site to do this on and for it to spread fast with plausible deniability. Especially with it being this guys first day and post.

Or this is some kind of campaign by Universal to hint at whats coming up. I mean what better site to do this on and for it to spread fast with plausible deniability. Especially with it being this guys first day and post.

Literally this. Thought it from about 30 seconds after reading the first post.

Stereotype viral marketing is stereotype. But cool!