Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 201 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I had a strange thing happen to me today at Seaworld on Kraken, just as the train rolled out of the station (I was in the front row) my restraint partially unlatched, I immediately pushed down on it and it clicked in again, and it all happened very fast ... I don't think the restraint got fully unlatched but just somehow 'lost a click'. I told an attendant afterwards and saw her on the phone to the control booth, ride kept on running, so probably was just a freaky isolated thing.
Glad you made it back in one piece.

Reactions: anihilnation
Didn't a coaster valley in Disneyland as well once, the outside looping one, if memory serves me right someone's backpack flew out of the train and landed on the track below causing the ride to valley.
I'm not familiar with that one. They did have another incident where they were using less expensive rope to tie down the Columbia and it pulled a cleat out of the dock striking and killing a guest.

I had a strange thing happen to me today at Seaworld on Kraken, just as the train rolled out of the station (I was in the front row) my restraint partially unlatched, I immediately pushed down on it and it clicked in again, and it all happened very fast ... I don't think the restraint got fully unlatched but just somehow 'lost a click'. I told an attendant afterwards and saw her on the phone to the control booth, ride kept on running, so probably was just a freaky isolated thing.

Reading about the safety features on B&M, it's harder to open the reatraints than it is to close them. That's why any time you see people being evacuated the evacuation team have a something that looks like a car battery to unlock the reatraints.

That's about as bad as it gets.

The way the ratchet system works on a B&M you can sometimes lose a click. So your bar would raise up the space of a click but it's fine. I've had it happen on Nemesis before. I can't quite remember how it happens, but if it was fully down on the click it might slip. I'm not sure but it's not uncommon on B&Ms :)

The way the ratchet system works on a B&M you can sometimes lose a click. So your bar would raise up the space of a click but it's fine. I've had it happen on Nemesis before. I can't quite remember how it happens, but if it was fully down on the click it might slip. I'm not sure but it's not uncommon on B&Ms :)
Pretty sure that is what it was, I immediately reacted, but I am pretty sure it was just that one click.

Reading about the safety features on B&M, it's harder to open the reatraints than it is to close them. That's why any time you see people being evacuated the evacuation team have a something that looks like a car battery to unlock the reatraints.

I think they use compressed gas in the mechanism as well. Also heard there are clicks you don't hear, three of them I think, so you always are more locked in than you think. I know that with Mako they have a little red line on the restraint's bottom that has to show, otherwise it is not clicked in enough.

Is this the one where the rider was in front and the engine shell some how flipped back on him? I thought that happened further back then 2003.

Hmm... I guess this was the same one. I just read the Wiki page on it and it was found to be due to seriously poor maintenance. Doesn't that make you feel all rosy inside?

Hmm... I guess this was the same one. I just read the Wiki page on it and it was found to be due to seriously poor maintenance. Doesn't that make you feel all rosy inside?
Yep same one. Funny thing it seemed more recent to me. I would have guessed 2005-2006.

I thought something like that would trigger a sensor to stop the ride.