Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 202 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I had a strange thing happen to me today at Seaworld on Kraken, just as the train rolled out of the station (I was in the front row) my restraint partially unlatched, I immediately pushed down on it and it clicked in again, and it all happened very fast ... I don't think the restraint got fully unlatched but just somehow 'lost a click'. I told an attendant afterwards and saw her on the phone to the control booth, ride kept on running, so probably was just a freaky isolated thing.

:jaw:!!!!

Not the only time either. There was the rope that snapped on Christmas Eve and flung the metal clamp into a guy's head killing him instantly. That was during the Pressler infamous "run rides to failure" mindset

I am kind of curious if there were reasons cited for the deaths? With BTM was it a mechanical failure due to poor maintenance? With the other death it seems likely they were not doing safety inspections to look for wear

I thought something like that would trigger a sensor to stop the ride.
If it is just a click it lost then it would not trigger a sensor. Good point though, I know programming does not allow the coaster to be dispatched unless all restraints are locked, but once a coaster has been dispatched and a restraint was to open for some reason, would that trigger something and estop the ride?

If it is just a click it lost then it would not trigger a sensor. Good point though, I know programming does not allow the coaster to be dispatched unless all restraints are locked, but once a coaster has been dispatched and a restraint was to open for some reason, would that trigger something and estop the ride?

Gawd. I would hope so. I love coasters, but the thought of a restrainst popping open:faint:

It would e-stop no later than the top of the initial lift hill if something were to happen shortly after leaving the station. I'm not sure about safe braking points later in the circuit and how they react to restraints.

Reactions: anihilnation
I don't buy it. But I think you are a nice, albeit zealous person! :)

You sure?

Surprised me too. I actually came here to hear what you guys were saying and was surprised to find nothing.

I was told by a teacher I know from the Uk, on a school trip with her party. I did here schedule for her and warned her Hulk may be under softs or still closed. She's not as into the parks as we are but understands softs and T&A. And has no reason to lie.

Surprised me too. I actually came here to hear what you guys were saying and was surprised to find nothing.

I was told by a teacher I know from the Uk, on a school trip with her party. I did here schedule for her and warned her Hulk may be under softs or still closed. She's not as into the parks as we are but understands softs and T&A. And has no reason to lie.
I did a Twitter search and couldn't find anything.

Maybe the tests were actually to turn her into a real Hulk. It worked, so when she woke up after hulking out she was implanted with false memories of just riding the ride. :look:

Reactions: JoeCamel