Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 205 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
But, less to do at Uni side. Pushes people into Islands, where a big people eater is down. New hotel opened and BOOKED solid. Disney people trying Uni this year because of the ride closures at Disneyworld. You have a perfect storm of crowds building.
Yes, but if you look at the length of lines. they're still the same as they were last summer. The only difference is FJ, whose lines are 15-30 minutes shorter for the summer than they were before Kong was opened. Both IOA and Studios are similar to summer of 2015. (Research through past posted times on Touring Plans for 2014 & 2015)

I'm sorry, but I think if universal really cared, they would've put this ride down at the end of last summer. In order for it to be ready for this summer. That's just my thought.

I think we have to stay away from saying they don't care. It starts to feel personal when people say a company doesn't care. It's business, they care about keeping customers happy so they will spend more money. Unhappy people are not going to be buying stuff. They will go back to their hotels, and fume about how unhappy they are. They will post online about how unhappy they are. The company wants us happy and SHOPPING, and making plans to come back and spend MORE money.

I think we have to stay away from saying they don't care. It starts to feel personal when people say a company doesn't care. It's business, they care about keeping customers happy so they will spend more money. Unhappy people are not going to be buying stuff. They will go back to their hotels, and fume about how unhappy they are. They will post online about how unhappy they are. The company wants us happy and SHOPPING, and making plans to come back and spend MORE money.
Exactly.

@The_Bled, The ride was put down at the end of last summer, it closed Sept 8th? And they said nearly a year. This is an extensive project, and with so much going on elsewhere i will say its probably taking longer than they hoped for, but not longer than any statements made. Summer runs almost through sept completely.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott W.
But, less to do at Uni side. Pushes people into Islands, where a big people eater is down. New hotel opened and BOOKED solid. Disney people trying Uni this year because of the ride closures at Disneyworld. You have a perfect storm of crowds building.
Ok wait Go back..Sapphire falls is booked solid!!?

are all the rooms online? or are this still some waiting to be released to inventory?

nonetheless.. thats still impressive

They have been advertising it heavily to locals. There are billboards for it along I-4. It's not too surprising that it's doing well. Well planned and executed by Loews and Universal and it's doing what it's supposed to.

I think the most interesting thing about this is that Cabana Bay is not at capacity while the others are. People are spending MORE money on the better hotels...

I don't have to take my finger out of my pocket. I don't prefer this locker. Also I can put my wallet with the pass in a locker to ride something with the normal system.

Reactions: Joel
$6 for a nice Kong one at the universal store right inside ioa :). Didn't think I would like it but it ended up working out okay. didn't even carry my wallet in the Parks

Fingerprint lockers are not very secure, believe it or not. They have needed to go for a while.

Although I do imagine many people will accidentally put their ticket/pass inside the locker.

Last edited:
Reactions: anihilnation
I think Hulk looks so good at night that those images will be a large part of the marketing. I can even see where demand to ride Hulk and Kong at night keeps guests in the park after dark more than ever.

Reactions: Joel
As someone who absolutely hates lanyards (I hate wearing stuff around my neck, and I've lost/forgotten my work ID more since I tried doing the whole lanyard thing the last month since that's what is technically required than in the previous 6 years total), I'm not thrilled with the lockers using tickets and needing to put my wallet in the locker. Hopefully they rethink allowing wallets on with these new lockers, but I doubt it, as it basically forces quite literally everyone (or at least one person per group) to purchase a lanyard. Wonder what they would say about the belt clip retractable ID holders?