Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 206 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've only bothered riding the coasters once (Dragons a few months ago) since they started the whole metal detector ridiculousness, but they always include wallets in what they tell you to leave the lockers when I hear them walking by, and I did see someone sent back to the lockers at the wand/detectors point for their wallet that day. If they have indeed relaxed on the wallet issue, then I'm only concerned about the small numbers of larger lockers, but that's not as big of an issue. Still not happy about leaving the phone in the lockers when I'm solo and looking at a line longer than about 15-20 minutes, but it is what it is.

I've only bothered riding the coasters once (Dragons a few months ago) since they started the whole metal detector ridiculousness, but they always include wallets in what they tell you to leave the lockers when I hear them walking by, and I did see someone sent back to the lockers at the wand/detectors point for their wallet that day. If they have indeed relaxed on the wallet issue, then I'm only concerned about the small numbers of larger lockers, but that's not as big of an issue. Still not happy about leaving the phone in the lockers when I'm solo and looking at a line longer than about 15-20 minutes, but it is what it is.

Well non pass holders are screwed if they ever switch the water rides over from fingerprint to passes..

I mean... you guys don't NEED to buy a lanyard. We have these things called pockets that you can put it in for the short time on the coaster. Just put it in your back pocket and it won't go anywhere since you'll be sitting on it.

Still not getting why people try and make things so difficult. It's a locker, and it's free. Like people who freak out over airport security. They are just trying to keep people safe. If you give people an option to bring stuff on, it will get out of control. Fanny packs, will become "I have my backpack on real tight, it won't come off" "My child simply MUST hold his pet rock while riding" We all know how it goes.

Reactions: Legolas813

You could try not staring at your phone for, ohh, a small amount of time. Or talking to the people around you in line. We are so disconnected it scares me. I like chatting with people in line. Where ya from? How long ya here? Been here before? I can stare at my phone later.

I see a few reasons for the ticket scanning. First it can limit it to 1 locker per guests instead of 20. Second it is more sanitary for those that care. Third they can and prolly will pull data to see who uses the lockers and whatnot, kinda creeping into magicband territory. Overall this should speed up the locker process at the expense of somehow managing to keep your park ticket on your person.

You
Still not getting why people try and make things so difficult. It's a locker, and it's free. Like people who freak out over airport security. They are just trying to keep people safe. If you give people an option to bring stuff on, it will get out of control. Fanny packs, will become "I have my backpack on real tight, it won't come off" "My child simply MUST hold his pet rock while riding" We all know how it goes.
Can
You could try not staring at your phone for, ohh, a small amount of time. Or talking to the people around you in line. We are so disconnected it scares me. I like chatting with people in line. Where ya from? How long ya here? Been here before? I can stare at my phone later.
Multiquote
I bought waterproof pouches for the lanyards. You can also bring ziplock bags and stuff everyone's tickets in those. I did that last year, worked on Popeye

Reactions: Joel
I see a few reasons for the ticket scanning. First it can limit it to 1 locker per guests instead of 20. Second it is more sanitary for those that care. Third they can and prolly will pull data to see who uses the lockers and whatnot, kinda creeping into magicband territory. Overall this should speed up the locker process at the expense of somehow managing to keep your park ticket on your person.

You

Can

Multiquote

getting a little snarky on sparky :box:

Like I said, for waits more than 15-20 (in an uninteresting line). I'm also not one that enjoys small talk with random people. I'm hardly "disconnected," I just don't enjoy talking with strangers when I'm out and about for the most part. I like to keep to myself in a crowd.

My 13 year old niece goes through withdrawal when separated from her phone for more than a few minutes. Low battery induces panic. Someday I am going to take her somewhere with no cell service just to see if her head explodes. :)