Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

Right... I have known about the sound/noise compensation for a long time. I merely thought it was the supports that contained the sand and not the actual track; never considered that the tracks must suffer additional calculation for the weight of the sand.

Just heard word for a reliable source who was in Islands last week that a member of staff told them another coaster from California is being shipped over to replace hulk, obviously this is false but shows the staff parkside are as clueless as us right now

It would have been interesting if one night they could have launched the old trains and see how far into the lagoon they could have made them go. What angle is the launch? I want to do some math now.

I always forget how much of a curve there is on the drop.

iWEbmNK.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know what everyone is worried about...pretty sure whatever change they make will be for the better.
I totally agree, this construction is a real interesting one because this has the possiblity to be a completely unrecognizable ride if they're going the way we're thinking. I really hope for another universal stream soon for further details on this and kong

Hi guys!! *stereotypical first-time-poster comment here*
I saw a few pages back your were wondering what the definitive reason as to why all this work on Hulk is being done. I think I may have a bit of info on that subject, which is why I've finally created an account. About a week ago I completely out of the blue met someone who was a lead mechanic when IOA opened. He was heavily involved in the opening of Hulk and DC/DD. He was one of the first people to ride hulk when they began testing. While I cannot definitively prove his record or that everything he says is true/accurate he really seemed to know what he was talking about and had pictures to back a lot of this up.

Anyways, he says that about 1-2 years after Hulk opened his team began noticing very small stress fractures in the steel, nothing that needed immediate attention, but something to keep a close eye on over the years. He and his team put together a proposal to management that involved replacing a large chunk of track in the high-stress areas and replace them with beefier track pieces. They also recommended some technical improvements (i.e.: better launch tech) to keep the ride operating at 100%. He told me that his plan is the one that they are using for this refurb (obviously along with other rv changes and other improvements). I will see him again later this week/early next week and I can ask him any other questions you guys might have. Sorry for the long post, I was just super excited I met this guy and couldn't wait to share with you guys.