Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 210 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
VP, test crew, and other officials have been scheduled for test rides. Team member previews soon will have more info in the next coming days. More work has to be done inside before we Team Members get to ride. Im beyond excited!!!
Now the phase "team member previews" has popped up. Softs, here we come!
Happy-Happy-Joy-Joy-ren-and-stimpy-30567735-593-289.jpg

Nothing new, but I am just posting this as I am really happy that Universal Orlando has the theme park rights instead of Disney.

I am excited to see what Hulk can bring, as I don't think it should be too long until the GP finally gets to go back into the attraction. Because, this feels more like an actual Marvel attraction than I really would say for Disney.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Nothing new, but I am just posting this as I am really happy that Universal Orlando has the theme park rights instead of Disney.

I am excited to see what Hulk can bring, as I don't think it should be too long until the GP finally gets to go back into the attraction. Because, this feels more like an actual Marvel attraction than I really would say for Disney.
Yes, for sure. Does anyone remotely think that Disney's DCA Marvel land, if it indeed ever gets completed, will be even close to the equal of Marvel Super Hero Island at IOA. Very very very doubtful.

Yep, no Mickey Mouse running around dressed as Captain America in Orlando!

Yes, for sure. Does anyone remotely think that Disney's DCA Marvel land, if it indeed ever gets completed, will be even close to the equal of Marvel Super Hero Island at IOA. Very very very doubtful.
Well they're actually going with a similar formula for the land.

- Drop tower
- Launch Coaster (rumored)
- ???

If Disney can manage to build a BA Iron Man ride, I may retract my statement, but I agree it'll be hard to top MSHI. Disney has to figure out a way to get something to top Spidey... which they've STILL yet to do stateside.

Well they're actually going with a similar formula for the land.

- Drop tower
- Launch Coaster (rumored)
- ???

If Disney can manage to build a BA Iron Man ride, I may retract my statement, but I agree it'll be hard to top MSHI. Disney has to figure out a way to get something to top Spidey... which they've STILL yet to do stateside.

I think GOTG will top Dr Doom but I can't see Disney ever beating Hulk with a coaster nor can I see them making something to top Spider-Man. Maybe an Iron Man themed flying coaster but Disney would never go down that route.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I think GOTG will top Dr Doom but I can't see Disney ever beating Hulk with a coaster nor can I see them making something to top Spider-Man. Maybe an Iron Man themed flying coaster but Disney would never go down that route.
The rumored launch coaster is for Captain America (I know, odd).

If the 3 rides they're going for are GoTG, Captain America and Iron Man, it will be a wise move. I wouldn't want a Spider-Man attraction in the parks simply to avoid the inevitable comparisons.
I assume Disney doesn't want to have to deal with comparison's/confusion either. The second Disney decides to build a Spider-Man attraction, they will be under immense pressure to out-do what is still - 17 years later - one of the best dark rides in the world.

Stopped by IOA this morning and they were testing first thing. People were onboard again and the RVs were more full than yesterday- I'd say about half of the seats had people in them this time as opposed to the 1 or 2 occupied seats yesterday. One interesting thing that I observed is that nobody ever seems to be sitting in the modified seats with the red belts. Not sure if that's just a coincidence or not

This is my last day here so I won't be able to update anymore. Bummed that I missed softs but hopefully this thing will be ready by Labor Day weekend. Judging by the developments over the last day I'd say we're pretty darn close.

One interesting thing that I observed is that nobody ever seems to be sitting in the modified seats with the red belts. Not sure if that's just a coincidence or not

This is my last day here so I won't be able to update anymore. Bummed that I missed softs but hopefully this thing will be ready by Labor Day weekend. Judging by the developments over the last day I'd say we're pretty darn close.
Hope the red belts don't end up being like the old Star Trek red shirts. That never ended well.

Honestly, Universal should just tear down Doom/Carnage and add a ToT-esque Avengers E-ticket. An Alien Encounter-style show would be a great C-ticket to round out the land, also.

Plus, it would be vastly superior to DCA's GotG hodgepodge overlay.