Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Infinity Falls - 2018 Raft Ride

I think a lot of it is also that Seaworld throws less money to the construction, resulting in less manpower and hence more backup. This is not some novel new ride system, Intamin has done it before, as well as another company, so I can't really see this being an Intamin thing.

Welp... my plans to visit SeaWorld this weekend are cancelled. See you next year, Electric Ocean!

I think a lot of it is also that Seaworld throws less money to the construction, resulting in less manpower and hence more backup. This is not some novel new ride system, Intamin has done it before, as well as another company, so I can't really see this being an Intamin thing.

Agreed - people are so quick to bash Intamin when in reality this thing just stopped looking like a total construction zone as late as last week. I think your guess is much more in line with what is actually happening here.

Midway Mayhem said in his recent video that Intamin has signed over operations to Sea World, is this true?
D&E is still in charge of the ride and operations to my knowledge (actual operators) are not sending the rafts yet. Intamin will remain on site for a while / even after opening to make sure things are going smoothly. People from SeaWorld have ridden, I promise you this.

Last edited:
Just asking - if sea world has taken over the ride from intamin, then I would think it means things are operating correctly?

^ Not necessarily. It's typical for the manufacturer to see a ride through its first few weeks of operations, as results are measured based on actual guests riding it, not just what comes up via testing. You'd be amazed what kind of feedback you can get by just observing how guests interact with your product - and make modifications as needed in real time. This is pretty standard with any kind of new ride commissioning, with adjustments being made over night before the next operating day.

^ Not necessarily. It's typical for the manufacturer to see a ride through its first few weeks of operations, as results are measured based on actual guests riding it, not just what comes up via testing. You'd be amazed what kind of feedback you can get by just observing how guests interact with your product - and make modifications as needed in real time. This is pretty standard with any kind of new ride commissioning, with adjustments being made over night before the next operating day.
That's what soft openings are for

New rides have to cycle through X amount of hours without issue. If they run into an issue, the countdown often starts over. Even if Intamin handed off operation to SWO, they're likely still stuck testing and testing without guests for a few weeks before they can open (or even soft open) for safety reasons.

No clue if that's what's happening now though, just a guess.

So, they haven’t put anyone on this ride yet? Employees or engineers?

I wonder if anyone has ever gotten sea sick on any of the boat or raft rides at the parks? That would be a pathetic hoot.

Last edited:
GCI were around and about Alton Towers for the best part of 3 months after Wicker Man opened to the public, so Intamin still being on site at SeaWorld is to be expected and isn't unusual.

As far as I know no one has been on it yet. Apparently there are still issues that are being worked out.
People have been on it, Jeff Hornick for one.