Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmed. Isla Nu-Bar sells alcohol. I can't wait to have a drink and listen to the dinosaurs in the distance! I love the fact that Universal is making the area really feel like a theme park on an island! I'm excited to see the Jurassic Cafe and Outfitters.

WWoHP was a special case and DWT...

They were pretty much done with the majority of construction on WWoHP 5 months before the grand opening and it ended up being way ahead of schedule. That's def not the case here given the tight timeline. I think once the ride is ready to go we're going to get a pretty immediate opening date.

The latest JPland video shows a very brief look at the new area lighting up and running (at the 11:48 mark). It looks incredible!

Plus you can still hear the JP theme playing in the background - perhaps it's staying in some minor form?

WWoHP was a special case and DWT... yeah I have no clue what was going on there. Regardless, it should be standard protocol with JW.

They could very well not have softs but if they want to learn from Orlando I sure as hell hope they do.
I hope not. I don’t mind being stuck on that ride for a couple of hours

Just kidding. Please fix it.

There is so much progress!
Lets say the rumors are true and they open June 21 or 22. Is that even enough time to invite the media? I'm not sure how that works.

• The latest JPland video shows a very brief look at the new area lighting up and running (at the 11:48 mark). It looks incredible!

Plus you can still hear the JP theme playing in the background - perhaps it's staying in some minor form?

When I was there, it seemed the theme was coming from one speaker (maybe from near the escalator), the rest of the sound is concealed in rocks throughout the rest of the area. Cicadas, birds, distant dinosaur bellows. It seemed to me that if you stood in between the two large rocks as you face the arch, these sounds would be in stereo and would be a VERY cool effect.

Until I hear something official FROM Universal, I’m not putting any stock in any “friend of mine” or “my Uncle, who’s a TM” or even “I’m a TM and this is what we were told”.

Plus there would be something on paper showing the alleged delay or opening date.

My guess is this will open soon if not later.

You may also get wet from what I have heard

My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who went to Universal and spoke with another girl who knows someone that works there and heard that maybe the ride will open before TM previews but possibly after, maybe while the media is there or sometime before or after.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.