Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 80 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok.... I don't know how plussing a mediocre kids attraction is controversial? Really adding 4 person vehicles isn't a bad thing - the park needs another family-friendly ride so taking off the restrictions for this ride and increasing its capacity would do just the trick

Sometimes, the people on here are so easily annoyed about little things... all I did was offer an opinion on this new JP rumor - and I could care less about typos or slight mixups in a column titled "Newz" lol

I don't think anyone here has a problem with the idea of increasing the capacity, and extending the ride length. The problems come in with the reality of the thing. Right now the track is a circle that encapsulates the whole kids area. To expand the ride they would need to barge into one of the two spaces that could take a brand new ride, which could severely limit their options. If the capacity problems could have been solved by just changing out the RVs it would have been done a long time ago. Basically instead of fixing what they already have, they would need to knock it down and start again to achieve that. So you can see it would be a bigger hit when eventually they build 2 brand new rides, than 1 brand new ride and a rehash of a ride that is already there.

How many attractions are realistic with the land that's going to be used?

I am also not 100% sure what you mean. But there are two areas; behind Thunder Falls and the old Triceratops Encounter location. They are somewhere between 1.5 and 2 acres a piece, which could each take a medium sized ride.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone here has a problem with the idea of increasing the capacity, and extending the ride length. The problems come in with the reality of the thing. Right now the track is a circle that encapsulates the whole kids area. To expand the ride they would need to barge into one of the two spaces that could take a brand new ride, which could severely limit their options. If the capacity problems could have been solved by just changing out the RVs it would have been done a long time ago. Basically instead of fixing what they already have, they would need to knock it down and start again to achieve that. So you can see it would be a bigger hit when eventually they build 2 brand new rides, than 1 brand new ride and a rehash of a ride that is already there.

I am also not 100% sure what you mean. But there are two areas; behind Thunder Falls and the old Triceratops Encounter location. They are somewhere between 1.5 and 2 acres a piece, which could each take a medium sized ride.

Sorry I should have used better wording lol But yeah I basically wanted to know how much room they had for new expansion plans and how many attractions were rumored. I knew the Thunder Falls location but I forgot about the Triceratops Encounter! Just so we have something to talk about right now, what rides do you guys want most? with us being realistic of course lol

Ok.... I don't know how plussing a mediocre kids attraction is controversial? Really adding 4 person vehicles isn't a bad thing - the park needs another family-friendly ride so taking off the restrictions for this ride and increasing its capacity would do just the trick

Sometimes, the people on here are so easily annoyed about little things... all I did was offer an opinion on this new JP rumor - and I could care less about typos or slight mixups in a column titled "Newz" lol

I know there are already a few answers like this, but since I was quoted I thought I should respond. No one said it was controversial, I think it would be great if they could get more people on/make it better. As has been said the issue we took was that there are huge issues in the rumor.

For one USH doesn't have a flyers ride, USS does.
Second two a security guard would have absolutely no idea.
Third this ride already has a weight issue, that is one of the main issues that keeps it one adult one child (the other being the capacity). If you put two adults in the existing birds the extra weight causes the side to side motion and forward speed to be to great.
Fourth, the ride was designed with two seats single file. If you take the USS RVs and put them there's a good chance of there being a clearance issue (Just after the block brakes when the track turns to the right and there is a poll right there that you can actually hit if you've got to much weight in the RV)

Sometimes no news is good news.

It has been said that most work will not start until after the summer. As far as Im concerned the games are still a work in progress. I saw the markers when i was there two weeks ago but no visual progress.

For what its worth, JP4 is back on for a 2015 release:

ffgepVm.jpg

One thing is for certain.......Uni will combat Cars Land and Star Wars Land later this decade with something spectacular. Potter will get them through 2014 and 2015. I expect the "next big thing" to open around 2016-2017.

Reactions: Hockeyman55
^^^ Nope, 2015 will be JP and 2016 will most likely be kid zone. So you will see a major project each year thru 2020 most likely.

Along with smaller minor things each year.

One thing is for certain.......Uni will combat Cars Land and Star Wars Land later this decade with something spectacular. Potter will get them through 2014 and 2015. I expect the "next big thing" to open around 2016-2017.

You have a point here that is dead on, scary dead on. To bad no one will know about how dead on you are until later this year.

^ I would prefer it not be working instead of having it fall a bit and then continue falling and crushing people. (I know that it is likely impossible for that to happen, but I just wanted you all imagining the ride coming to an abrupt long-term e-stop because of such an event.) :look:

ahhhh. The tease. They are actually planning something bedides jp, seuss, and kidzone??? Ahhhh

They're always planning SOMETHING(Uni loves doing this lately!)..the killer question is what exactly?

Though I'm still very curious for more details regarding the JP expansion and Kid Zone redo...

Until we have something concrete from the JP film front, I don't think we're going to see/hear anything official from Universal about an IOA refurb.

Status
Not open for further replies.