Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people were wondering how they Universal could create a ride that featured dinosaurs without it feeling like a retread of JP River Adventure. Aquatic dinosaurs would certainly do the trick!

A lot of people were wondering how they Universal could create a ride that featured dinosaurs without it feeling like a retread of JP River Adventure. Aquatic dinosaurs would certainly do the trick!

Kinda funny in a way. A wet ride about land based dinosaurs and a dry ride with water based dinosaurs!

On the other hand, JP is by far the highest elevation in all of UOR, so they could potentially go below ground level. The entrance to burger diggs has to be at least 30' above the lagoon. Still, I doubt they would execute an attraction in that fashion.

^ It is funny that everyone refers to that space as "behind" Thunder falls, when I have always thought of it as "beside" Thunder Falls. Behind Thunder Falls is a drainage pond for JPRA.

I am still slightly reeling from seeing that Spielberg was involved in creating the original park. I have always been perplexed why he might have any say in what goes on there. Now I get it. What a goofy little boy he is.

The video of him filming the black diamonds flyover with his phone left me speechless. He has been in control of the greatest film sets and with film actors of high esteem that you or I would die to be present on. Yet he is so pedestrian in his reaction to the little show for the opening of a park ride. Sorry, but that surprises me.

Spielberg was impressed with what they did with Kong in Hollywood and after Lucas took him on Star Tours and told him only Disney could do those kinds of thing, he wanted to know what they could come up with for Back to the Future. He helped bring the Orlando park to life.

http://www.totallyfuncompany.com/kongmedia/articles/kingkongarticle.htm

Park within a park...JP is already the park within a park so unless they're adding another park inside of that park I don't know what they could come up with. I don't care for that movie idea right now either.. not sure where they could go with JP that would be different enough from JPRA.

after Lucas took him on Star Tours and told him only Disney could do those kinds of thing, he wanted to know what they could come up with for Back to the Future. He helped bring the Orlando park to life.

Well, they both came up with vomit inducing rides... low res video and frame rates insured that.

The ride should be that we are in a boat with a skipper just touring the lagoon with aquatic dinosaurs when the there is a distress signal from the boat in front of us ... o wait never mind.

^ It is funny that everyone refers to that space as "behind" Thunder falls, when I have always thought of it as "beside" Thunder Falls. Behind Thunder Falls is a drainage pond for JPRA.

Ha. Semantics I guess. I suppose it really depends on what part of the resturant you are in and facing. Its an odd building layout.

Ha. Semantics I guess. I suppose it really depends on what part of the resturant you are in and facing. Its an odd building layout.

Well the expansion plot is next to the drainage pond for JPRA. So in relation to Thunder Falls, the expansion plot is both next to and behind. Either way is right, obviously the entrance and queue would be next to TF, but the ride would probably be partially behind TF.

Now people please quit saying that there is enough space for a helicopter ride (or jeep ride), because that simply is not true. There is just not a plot close in size to JPRA (basically 1/3 the whole island of JP), which would be the minimum needed to build one more of them. JPRA was actually scaled down because they were building that whole park at the time, if they were to build the ride on it's own it would have been bigger.

It would be cool if they built a new and bigger drop building for JPRA behind TF, then knock down the old one and extend the boat ride in the beginning part where you would see more dinos in their habitats.

Can someone tell me why the little turn around thingy was built. I ask only because it takes a huge chunk of of the unused area we have been talking about.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Unive...esort&cid=0,0,120970616096332569&t=h°=90&z=20

It was added there sometime in 2011, but I don't know exactly why. Previously that road connected to the turn-around at the end that the hotel transportation uses, now there is a fence there.

I am assuming it can be reworked if needed to fit around a ride, or else design the ride around it.

Last edited:
It was added there sometime in 2011, but I don't know exactly why. Previously that road connected to the turn-around at the end that the hotel transportation uses, now there is a fence there.

I am assuming it can be reworked if needed to fit around a ride, or else design the ride around it.
I believe that is one of a few different entrances used when outside parties book the park for a special event and the buses bringing people to the event park there.

I believe that is one of a few different entrances used when outside parties book the park for a special event and the buses bringing people to the event park there.

Okay, that makes sense. It is huge, and they did take the effort to landscape around it and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.