Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 81 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing is for certain.......Uni will combat Cars Land and Star Wars Land later this decade with something spectacular. Potter will get them through 2014 and 2015. I expect the "next big thing" to open around 2016-2017.

Ah, another from Maine here. (I wish I wasn't saying this in the present tense, although, FL is a gun shot in the head this time of year)

Just like all the other projects, I don't expect an announcement on JP until next year. I am thinking it probably will be announced sometime after HP opens up. I think they wanted to do that with Phase 2 (announce after TF), but had to announce earlier. I am thinking with JP since everyone will be focused on Phase 2 opening, they will most likely be able to push the announcement until mid to end of summer next year.

Just like all the other projects, I don't expect an announcement on JP until next year. I am thinking it probably will be announced sometime after HP opens up. I think they wanted to do that with Phase 2 (announce after TF), but had to announce earlier. I am thinking with JP since everyone will be focused on Phase 2 opening, they will most likely be able to push the announcement until mid to end of summer next year.

I'm thinking that's probably the case. Most of the construction, like Transformers, will be in non-guest areas. So they can get away with that

I am also thinking with the amount of plants and stuff in that area they can hide construction from our eyes more than they could for Potter which was a flat already open area.

Now that JP4 is back on track, some plot details have leaked:

JURASSIC PARK 4, set in present day Isla Nublar, is now an actual theme park, as originally intended by John Hammond in the first film. It garners 10 million visitors per year and is completely safe - until it's not. The park itself is described as very Sea World-esque and includes an area called the Isla Nublar Lagoon. That means underwater dino's for the first time. No indication of what kind, but there's concept art showing one of the aquatic dino's, as part of a show, jumping out of the lagoon and eating a strung up great white shark like it was a fish for a dolphin at sea world.

As part of a show, you ask? That's right, folks, this will feature "tamed" dino's. In fact, our source indicated that the usually menacing Velociraptors (which will finally be muzzled, along with the T-Rex - until they're not) will actually be used to help fight the threat, which begins in the form of a new dinosaur, not seen in any of the previous films (and not disclosed to us) shows to be much smarter than originally thought and is the main cause of havoc breaking out at the park.

So, to sum it all up, JURASSIC PARK 4 will take place back on Isla Nublar with a fully operational dinosaur theme park (I'm sure no expense was spared) that's both prosperous and safe, until a new dinosaur figures out a way to wreak havoc, causing the use of the now tamed Velociraptors (and T-Rex? Unclear) as a means to fighting the threat.

- See more at: http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exclusive-spoilers-awesome-details-on-the-story-and-concept-for-jurassic-park-iv#sthash.KgZKZpVk.dpuf

I hope they implement some of this into the expansion or a future expansion.

Reading that I guess there might be some sort of underwater view platform (down stairs @ discovery center) or
could this be the dark ride rumored to go there ?
A sub ride in Jurrasic Park ?
If new film features the finished park might we see some of this next expansion
in the new movie and possible shooting of scenes in IOA.

Probably impractical, but could they use the lagoon as an underwater ride area? If they could, it would allow them to use space they couldn't use for traditional rides without losing the look of the lagoon.

Probably impractical, but could they use the lagoon as an underwater ride area? If they could, it would allow them to use space they couldn't use for traditional rides without losing the look of the lagoon.

Universal can do anything, but I believe it is safe to assume they would pull the illusion by less watery methods than using the lagoon.

Just throwing this out there, another theme park within a themepark...

I am still slightly reeling from seeing that Spielberg was involved in creating the original park. I have always been perplexed why he might have any say in what goes on there. Now I get it. What a goofy little boy he is.

The video of him filming the black diamonds flyover with his phone left me speechless. He has been in control of the greatest film sets and with film actors of high esteem that you or I would die to be present on. Yet he is so pedestrian in his reaction to the little show for the opening of a park ride. Sorry, but that surprises me.

I am still slightly reeling from seeing that Spielberg was involved in creating the original park. I have always been perplexed why he might have any say in what goes on there. Now I get it. What a goofy little boy he is.

The video of him filming the black diamonds flyover with his phone left me speechless. He has been in control of the greatest film sets and with film actors of high esteem that you or I would die to be present on. Yet he is so pedestrian in his reaction to the little show for the opening of a park ride. Sorry, but that surprises me.
He takes pride in his work (TF: The Ride was pretty much his idea) and this is no different. As you said, he has a long relationship with the resort and he was actually the first one to say it was coming to the resort, so he obviously was pushing to get it over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.