King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm speculating that the new ride will involve teaming up with the DC Superheroes to fight King Kong, who's just arrived to Stark Expo straight from Smurf Island--the climax involves getting in a Delorean and time traveling back to the time before Kong arrived thus protecting everyone----all on a Kuka Arm.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder which side of the park is going to be more popular when all is said and done: Diagon Alley or Transformers/King Kong/Revenge Of The Mummy? That's a toughie! lol

Those are all on the same side lol

I'm speculating that the new ride will involve teaming up with the DC Superheroes to fight King Kong, who's just arrived to Stark Expo straight from Smurf Island--the climax involves getting in a Delorean and time traveling back to the time before Kong arrived thus protecting everyone----all on a Kuka Arm.

- - - Updated - - -

Those are all on the same side lol

I mean like which area lol

Here is what I'd do.

Optimus Prime sized Kong AA in the 2nd pre-show room. To be more exact, reconfigure the 2 pre-show rooms to where one is the lobby and the other is a theater. Have Kong in chains or in a cage and have him start to break free and they close the curtain and usher us out in the subway station

We get on the subway and when we enter what was the earthquake room, we appear to go out onto a section of elevated train track in a city (using Kong 369 tech with all new animation obviously). Suddenly, the power goes out, and all the buildings go dark and the train stops. Stuck crossing Broadway. A block up the street, Kong comes around the corner and starts heading towards the train. On the other side, cops coming from all directions.....

Edit. Retheme the front to a Broadway theater and have a big Broadway style KONG!! marquee. Retheme Beetleguise to another Broadway theater. And put in Wicked from Osaka. And of course put a big Wicked marquee out front. Ta-DAH! Broadway all the way to London's West End.

Last edited:
First off........... LONG LIVE THE KING :kingkong:

I must say, this is a fans dream come true to see Kong make his return. It does surprise me though, given Universal's pattern of introducing rides that correlate with current block buster hits. It's very left field for them. Great move on their part though. It seems as though they are looking to tap in to the 'theme park fanatic' community.

That being said, let's all take a moment to reflect on this: If this were a week ago, we would all chalk this up to small talk about how great it would be IF it were to happen.

Long time lurker here guys but just wanna say that this could be the most interesting project Uni will do over the next few years (and I haven't forgot about phase 2).
What type of ride systems would we all like to see used?

Long time lurker here guys but just wanna say that this could be the most interesting project Uni will do over the next few years (and I haven't forgot about phase 2).
What type of ride systems would we all like to see used?

Welcome to the light, Mike. I've been a member for a few years but lurk more than I post.

I'd hope that this is a ride vehicle that can accommodate families as Disaster currently does. Disaster allows families without the recommended restrictions (expectant mother, neck or back conditions, heart trouble, etc.) to experience the attraction together. As Universal continues to market towards families with younger children, I would venture to say that this would factor into the choice of ride vehicle utilized.

Welcome to the light, Mike. I've been a member for a few years but lurk more than I post.

I'd hope that this is a ride vehicle that can accommodate families as Disaster currently does. Disaster allows families without the recommended restrictions (expectant mother, neck or back conditions, heart trouble, etc.) to experience the attraction together. As Universal continues to market towards families with younger children, I would venture to say that this would factor into the choice of ride vehicle utilized.

Agreed! If the new Kong ride has any height restriction I would hope it's 40" at the very MAX... Disaster has no height requirement so I would think Universal will try to keep it as family-friendly as possible... still I think Comcast will find a way to create intensity/thrill without constant shaking of the vehicle

Absolutely agree with both of you, something for the whole family which at the same time, provides thrills. I remember the original was a hit with my whole family, I was 8 when Kongfrontation closed.

Kongfrontation was one of my favourite attractions on my previous and sadly only visit to Orland so can't wait to see what they do with this.

Alright, first off I LOVE this. Kong was always my favorite ride when I was little and seeing it back will be like meeting an old friend. I'm curious as to what this will be though, like others on here, will it just be a Kong 360 copycat or something totally different with a mixture of AA's and screens? I really would hope that this isn't more 3D after TF and Gringott's the park has enough. I'd rather a more AA based ride like the original Kong, with perhaps a few projections here and there. I also hope that Uni calls it Kongfrontation again, idk why but I've always loved that name. Oh and the big Kong statue is a must for the gift shop, I still have the picture of my family and I with it and it's one of my most fondest memories.

I can see them going three routes on this one:

1. Keep it in San Francisco
2. Retheme the area to an expanded NY area
3. Make it all Skull Island. Highly unlikely with the city theme USF has, but it would look amazing.

The theme will very much depend on what happens in the attraction. With the city theming Uni has my guess is the majority of the ride will be set in New York

Status
Not open for further replies.